Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SIM or Victory Red? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21183)

Smokintires 05-03-2009 08:33 PM

SIM or Victory Red?

I can't decide whether to get Silver Ice Metallic or Victory Red. I think silver is plain but it still looks nice. But Victory Red looks good on it because the color stands out and it is a good color for a sports car. HELP ME OUT!:iono:

bluch 05-03-2009 08:51 PM

VR!!!! :D

camarorick 05-03-2009 09:25 PM

Get VR if you like the cops to follow you :sm0:

Seriously, this car is great in every color, but I chose SIM because of how it shows off the lines.

jspeak32 05-04-2009 06:36 PM

I was in the same boat awhile back...'cept my question was SIM or IOM?
Well, you know which one I went with...
...in this case, I say SIM. I like metallic.

ljustin293 05-04-2009 06:37 PM

can't beat a red camaro

PQ 05-04-2009 06:48 PM

The roads are filled with silver cars. It looks great and I'd be fine with it but (silver) but I'd have to go with red.

PAUL SS 05-04-2009 07:51 PM

If I never see another silver car it will be too soon. Go with the red, but it might need stripes...

Xmicro_SS 05-04-2009 08:06 PM

Silver is the ONLY car that shows the body lines like it does, the Aqua Blue Metallic is close. The VR is so damn flat, all the lines disappear.....SILVER BABY!

And for all of you that say, "there are so many Silver cars". There are many chicks that wear bikini's but when you see a Pamela Anderson, Britney Spears, Mariah Carey, or a Jessica Alba wearing one...it just looks special.....SAME THING AS A SILVER CAMARO!

Number 3 05-04-2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irpq11 (Post 457251)
The roads are filled with silver cars. It looks great and I'd be fine with it but (silver) but I'd have to go with red.

I was right there when the photo in your sig was taken and damn if I can remember that lovely lady in the swimwear. I guess that's what happens when you focus on the car. LOL

Number 3 05-04-2009 09:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Oh and if this helps you decide on VR vs. SIM................

djinva 05-05-2009 09:09 PM

no brainer, red is awesome. Silver just does not stand out.

Xmicro_SS 05-06-2009 03:36 AM

Are you kidding, look at the body line pop on that Silver. :w00t:

Phil Oliver 05-06-2009 05:14 AM

There is a reason the concept car was silver, that colour shows off the lines of the car the best!

Number 3 05-06-2009 05:32 PM

The one thing Silver does is make shape and features "POP". Look at an Impala for example.....there is a beautiful feature line that runs across the front fender over the wheel opening. You don't even see it in other colors......but silver......."SHAM WOW".

We just bought Mrs. Number 3 an new Malibu in SIM. Very pretty color.

That being said, I've got 300 pics on photobucket (link in my sig) of VR cars that look super sweet.

Wishy washy, I know but if you aren't absolutely hooked on "A" color, you will be confused. This car looks great in every color. I've seen them all in person but CGM and White and I'm not sure I could decide with a gun to my head.

Wait that reminds me of the bridge scene in Monte Pythons "Holy Grail". What is your name..............Why I'm Number 3..............What is your quest......I seek the holy grail..........what is your favorite color for the Camaro.................Silver, NO Red................aiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Sorry, I'm better now.