Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Marketing Idea for the Z28 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178950)

DGthe3 10-27-2011 12:46 AM

Marketing Idea for the Z28

The original Z28 more or less had to be ordered with a wink & a nudge, and that got me thinking ... how could GM do something similar if they do another Z28? Now, I know that simply having a 'Z28' option box on the ordering sheet wouldn't really work. But what about a viral marketing campaign for it? Don't do any press releases. Don't build any show cars. Start off with a teaser video, don't say what it is though. Show up with the car at some random track events. Could even go so far as not including it in the standard 'build your Camaro' configurator, but giving it its own mini site, perhaps Chevrolet.com/CamaroZ28.

I think this sort of idea fits with the grassroots, enthusiast oriented, track focused nature we expect from the car.

LOWDOWN 10-27-2011 08:54 AM

Viral + Selected Enthusiast Print = Full Order Bank (built in the numbers likely available)

The auto-rags will carry the torch a goodly distance...and you avoid them at your overall peril... CandD, R&T, MT and Automobile, alone, = several million "hits". They'll wanna get their hands on THE "track star"...and a Comparo with "competition" will be inevitable/worthy...

The overall effect on the Business Case? Lower marketing co$t$.

For sure and certain, viral will be significant...starting right here: X

"Who'd like to write the first copy?"

Gee, I thought we'd already started...

Mikes SS 07-13-2012 12:56 PM

Hey thanks for all the insight Nathaniel

Fightinfire921 07-13-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathaniel (Post 5283080)
This is great car and have a great look and also have a great market value....
You can easily purchase and sale out this car

spam

Bhobbs 07-13-2012 01:05 PM

GM wouldn't have to market anything. Just release a finished version of the Z to some magazines and the internet will explode.

2cnd chance 07-13-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhobbs (Post 5283271)
GM wouldn't have to market anything. Just release a finished version of the Z to some magazines and the internet will explode.

Yes1 It's the BIGGEST name in Camaro history. It will sell itself if it is done right. Mags would have a feeding frenzy. Free advertising what's not to love?

OldScoolCamaro 07-13-2012 09:07 PM

COPO car? Have an inside line to get on the hook for a lucky order of say, 1 of 500? A click and phone call away from getting an order placed with the right guy at corporate by your connection? By hook or by crook, insider or not, get the ball rolling GM.... please....

Richy_Rich 10-10-2012 08:32 PM

I like your idea.