Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Current Stingray owners? (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280430)

Shark72 02-20-2013 12:05 PM

Current Stingray owners?

I really like the new C7 and was just curious how many of you guys have owned or currently own an original Stingray.

volsfan0911 02-20-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark (Post 8263)
I really like the new C7 and was just curious how many of you guys have owned or currently own an original Stingray.

LMAO - they'd have to be in the serious "old fart" category like me :humble:. But honestly, the last time that moniker was applied to a 'vette was 1963, 1 year before I was born. All the research and reading I've seen on Tadge so far indicates he grew up in a Porsche household and has both mechanical and aerospace engineering degrees in addition to the obligatory doctorate work. He started with GM on the C5, he's literally spent the last 20 years or better whipping the 'Vette into shape. If anyone is in the right position to pull this off, he is. Hopefully, he got it right :D

OldJedi 02-20-2013 04:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark (Post 8263)

Yep, like Volsfan said I am officially an "Old Fart". I have owned a lot of Corvettes over the years and still own a 67 Vette Coupe. I am looking forward to getting a 2017 Corvette to sit beside my 1967 Vette, 50 years apart. Marina Blue as an available color in 2017 would be avery nice option.

imported_NoDak Scotty 02-20-2013 09:52 PM

Just, WOW!!! :rockon:

Stingray 02-20-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldJedi (Post 8311)
Yep, like Volsfan said I am officially an "Old Fart". I have owned a lot of Corvettes over the years and still own a 67 Vette Coupe. I am looking forward to getting a 2017 Corvette to sit beside my 1967 Vette, 50 years apart. Marina Blue as an available color in 2017 would be avery nice option.

:hail: That would be a VERY nice pair... and if no Marina Blue, then a C7 in Laguna Blue Tintcoat is also quite attractive. :thumb:

OldJedi 02-20-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stingray (Post 8375)
:hail: That would be a VERY nice pair... and if no Marina Blue, then a C7 in Laguna Blue Tintcoat is also quite attractive. :thumb:

Well, we will have to be patient and see what is available in a few years. Thanks for all of the great pictures you took Stingray.

StentS 02-21-2013 12:35 AM

Old Fart here too .....

I had a 66 roadster, silver metalflake, big block, factory side pipes back in 1976 .... The year I got married .... Still have the wife .... but the Vette is long gone .... Hmmmmm ....

Shark72 02-21-2013 11:32 AM

Sweet 67!!

Quote:

davidwp 02-22-2013 10:15 AM

Former Sting Ray owner (see sig). Silver Blue, Dark Blue interior, 340 hp, close ratio 4-spd, no power anything, no radio. S/N 14541, if you know where it is, please let me know.

volsfan0911 02-22-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

:hail: -sorry, was drooling on the keyboard. That is one gorgeous car......

Gohan 02-22-2013 12:16 PM

Wish I was so lucky to call myself a classic Stingray owner.

Questions for you owners:

What's your feeling on the C7 Corvette being called the "Stingray"? Does it pay good homage to your classic Stingray, or is it sacrilege?

How do you guys like GM designer's modern interpretation on the original Stingray design?

WesC5 02-22-2013 05:33 PM

Ditto here as far as being in the "Old Fart" category. I've owned a '65 convertible Stingray and my absolute favorite---a '66 Stingray....427/390. All original except the a/c unit. Nassau blue exterior and interior. Sold it in '97 to a cardiac surgeon from the East Coast. I'm still kicking my own butt for letting it go....:doh:
Although I haven't seen the C7 in person...yet. Everything I've read and all the pics I've seen justifies GM giving it the "Stingray" branding. No doubt about it.....this car rocks! :stingray:

volsfan0911 02-22-2013 06:17 PM

OK - you guys are killing me with the old school 427's here. I need to hit the road and drive up to AC. Kerbeck is 3 hours from me and I could spend all day drooling over their collection. http://www.kerbeck.com

Plus get into the Saturday Borgata tourney. Play decent, get some good cards and make the final table. Down payment cash for a C6 to hold me over until the C7's get here.

[/fantasy] :lol:

Uh, how about I go to AC, play cards, go see the cars anyway and take a few pictures? ;)

OldJedi 02-22-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gohan (Post 8635)
Wish I was so lucky to call myself a classic Stingray owner.

Questions for you owners:

What's your feeling on the C7 Corvette being called the "Stingray"? Does it pay good homage to your classic Stingray, or is it sacrilege?

How do you guys like GM designer's modern interpretation on the original Stingray design?

OK, I am going to be very, very biased here. I have owned several different generations. C2's - C3's & C5's but the 1967 was my favorite year of all time. The midyears just have a truly timeless design and the 67 was the most polished year of the five Sting Ray years. I do believe that the Sting Ray is a very revered name that should not be attached to just any Corvette. From everything that I have read on this car so far, it seems that it has earned it's Stingray badge. I am hoping the reality is as strong as the hype. There has been so much talk about the new Vette not having round tail lights. Maybe people do not remember or never owned one, but older Corvettes squeaked and moaned and have none of the sophistication of newer models. They also did not keep the original 7" headlights of the original C1's or the drum brakes of the C2's. Technology moves on and improves the the entire line of Corvettes and other models as well. If the reality of the 2014 Vette turns out to be as good as how it has been portrayed, then in my opinion it has earned the name STINGRAY. I am looking forward to parking a C7 next to my C2 and having two Sting Rays in the garage.