CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Camaro SS pic on dating profile. Good idea? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=594911)

CamaroSSStlfan 07-14-2021 04:35 PM

Camaro SS pic on dating profile. Good idea?

Just wondering if I put a pic of my 2016 2ss on my dating profile does that help your image as a guy? I mean it shows you can afford something more expensive than a Kia for example. My 2016 2ss was 45k new in 2016. Same car now would be like 48k with the 2ss, NPP and LPO stuff added.

LT1ornothing 07-14-2021 04:38 PM

Nope, hard pass, let the date see you ride up in it on the first date. Much better pay out in my opinion.

kropscamaro16 07-14-2021 04:38 PM

haha i dont think i had any pics of my old car on my dating profile most girls dont care about cars unless its a lambo or ferrari

mikem2104 07-14-2021 05:08 PM

Unless the dating profile is for your car … it has no business on your profile.

Allez 07-14-2021 06:00 PM

Up to you.

Personally I wouldn't want to be around the type of person who would be attracted to me because of money.

Aragorn 07-14-2021 06:26 PM

Well you want someone interested in you not the car, but as mentioned above, high end euro exotics usually get their attention.

Venomcustom 07-14-2021 06:28 PM

The fact we are discussing dating profiles means there’s no hope for man. Lol

Pupilbone 07-14-2021 06:31 PM

Well IMO there’s a time and place for most anything…

For instance - you love cars and your Camaro, and those things are a big part of your life, then sure it belongs.

As a tool to attract whatever it is you’re looking for? I’m with Allez, shallow typically attracts shallow, and I wouldn’t want any part of that.

UnknownJinX 07-14-2021 08:10 PM

This discussion has been had on the forum. Someone said that if it's like low-key in the background, or if you are doing something with the car like tracking it then maybe but don't make it the main focus. Make it about the person, not the things.

Envious_Ivy1LE 07-14-2021 08:18 PM

my question is.. who will even know it's a 50k camaro vs a 25k one? most people don't know the difference, especially just from the exterior

Chutzpah 07-14-2021 08:30 PM

No, I wouldn’t do it…I’ve never been married and have been on dating sites before. What a nightmare (for the most part) I’d never share my salary range, the fact that I own everything, or pictures of any assets. I’d bring my truck on the first few dates and wouldn’t bring them back to my house…unless I was very comfortable that they weren’t a gold digging leach (a rarity) Once everything was on a good footing (weeks), the reactions would be priceless. Not because I’m rich, or live in a mansion. I just think bragging or showing off is something they expect, are used to, so they’re surprised.

Like me or not, with or without my crap.

CamaroSSStlfan 07-14-2021 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chutzpah (Post 11040022)
No, I wouldn’t do it…I’ve never been married and have been on dating sites before. What a nightmare (for the most part) I’d never share my salary range, the fact that I own everything, or pictures of any assets. I’d bring my truck on the first few dates and wouldn’t bring them back to my house…unless I was very comfortable that they weren’t a gold digging leach (a rarity) Once everything was on a good footing (weeks), the reactions would be priceless. Not because I’m rich, or live in a mansion. I just think bragging or showing off is something they expect, are used to, so they’re surprised.

Like me or not, with or without my crap.

Online dating in southwest Florida sucks. Median age is 55 years old so it gives you the idea of the selection. Lots of gold diggers in FL.

Once I had a really hot lady drive up from Naples, over 50 miles away to go on a date. The date went really well until I told her my business is in the big fleamarket. The look on her face was priceless. Total 360. She was devastated lol. Snobby after that and wanted the date to end quick. On the date she complained about her ex husband and such as well.

Lerch98 07-14-2021 09:51 PM

I would say no. She doesn't need to know about the Camaro. (not yet at least)
I have been in similar situations, when asked, I tell them I have a pickup truck (I do), that seems to work really well, MILFs like trucks (I guess). After a couple of dates I show up with the Camaro, I want to see if she's cool with cars...Some times that works out, Some times that goes south.

(Ima boomer, maybe I should move tp Florida.)

CamaroSSStlfan 07-14-2021 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lerch98 (Post 11040053)
I would say no. She doesn't need to know about the Camaro. (not yet at least)
I have been in similar situations, when asked, I tell them I have a pickup truck (I do), that seems to work really well, MILFs like trucks (I guess). After a couple of dates I show up with the Camaro, I want to see if she's cool with cars...Some times that works out, Some times that goes south.

(Ima boomer, maybe I should move tp Florida.)

yea, you'd do okay in my town being older. Recall the Villages up by Ocala has seen a spike in STDs lol.