Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   How did it feel and drive before you bought. (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325514)

binko 10-29-2013 09:41 AM

How did it feel and drive before you bought.

With cars now shipping to satisfy orders, how many buyers actually had an opportunity to sit in-let alone drive one before laying out 50-70 thousand dollars? I have been trying for 6 weeks now and have yet to find a dealer that would even let one of their staff give me a ride with them driving. I will not spend that kind of money before I have a chance for a test drive.
Your thoughts please.

sahowley 10-29-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binko (Post 7137290)
With cars now shipping to satisfy orders, how many buyers actually had an opportunity to sit in-let alone drive one before laying out 50-70 thousand dollars? I have been trying for 6 weeks now and have yet to find a dealer that would even let one of their staff give me a ride with them driving. I will not spend that kind of money before I have a chance for a test drive.
Your thoughts please.

Once the dealer ran my credit and knew I was a real buyer he let me drive the car before I signed. I would go to a dealer that has an unsold car. I am sure once they see you are for real they will let you drive the car.

GunnyG 10-29-2013 12:15 PM

Saw it, signed, then got to drive it. LoL! First time I'd ever "bought" a car without test driving first. I did however get to sit in it first.

Gr8ful 11-03-2013 11:41 PM

I ordered, paid and then sat in and drove home. This is my second Vette so I kinda knew what to expect. Not dissapointed.:cool:

asptroopa1 11-04-2013 09:13 AM

Saw all the great reviews on the C-7, I had never wanted a corvette after the 80's, but knew I wanted this car.......ordered it in May before any were out- Got it in October- Never Drove it before signing and dropping the cash..........The BEST car I have ever owned, and I have enjoyed talking to people that share the same on Corvette7.com

Stingray 11-04-2013 09:20 AM

I examined in & out, and drove mine for about 9 miles... all before I sealed the deal with my check & paperwork. Love this thing... never would I have imagined buying a Corvette until that infamous day on 1-13-13... it changed my mind completely considering I was thinking of buying a Cayman or a used 911. Yes, I like and still like Porsches but the C7 is a game changer. IMO, you just won't know it until you actually drive & spend ample time in one. :thumb:

Glen e 11-04-2013 09:23 AM

Never drove it at all, read all the tests and about 3 weeks before got to sit in one to see if it fit....

Tprefo 11-04-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Your thoughts please.

Try McMulkin in Nashua, NH. Call Tommy Jr. He has a ton there and coming in, but I'm not sure what is sold/not sold.

Tprefo 11-04-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Your thoughts please.

Sorry, hit submit by mistake before I was done.....Purchased my C7 from MacMulkin and never drove it. I have a C6 and loved it so much, that I just had to have the C7 and didn't care that I wasn't able to test drive one. Yon WON'T be disappointed. Its an amazing machine. I have 600 miles on mine already and picked it up on 10/9 :thumbup:

brandin10 11-04-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Your thoughts please.

LOL. It's funny I had never even thought about it. But I ordered mine recently and I have never even seen one in person. Actually I have never even driven a corvette! But when I saw this car, I was instantly in Love. Once the Canadian prices were released I was pleasantly surprised. Since the performance #'s are on par with a Z06, I expected a similar price. And the 2013's are selling for $90,000.00 ++. With the price being so low I had to get one. I think with all of the great reviews from car magazines and forums it would be hard to be disappointed with a C7.

TKDubya 11-04-2013 10:31 AM

This is my 1st Corvette and I had never driven one. I went to my dealer and drove a 427 only to see if I would fit (6'5" 295) in that car. Read several reviews and watched a bunch of "First drive" videos on YouTube. After knowing that I could fit I ordered. When It came in I didn't bother to drive it. I gave them the check and haven't stopped driving it whenever possible. I don't regret buying it for one second.

jb306y 11-04-2013 03:35 PM

I did sit in one before I purchased. The only other Vette I've ever driven was a Lingenfelter corvette one time.. 65 to 150 before I could let off it... like Star Trek warp drive..

Stingray 11-04-2013 03:52 PM

Many of us... this is our first ever Corvette. And what a better way to make it the first! I was lucky to have an opportunity to test drive a base coupe back in late Sept... and then extensively, at high speeds and under high performance conditions, a Z51 during the Precision Event at PBIR. This new C7 is a blast in & out... night & day when I compare it to my other sporty coupes.

billbunton 11-04-2013 04:01 PM

I ordered back in May. Ordered Museum delivery; the first C7 I ever actually saw was while driving in to Bowling Green the day before delivery was scheduled.