Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Gaming Lounge (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   No Man's Sky (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=462590)

PoorMansCamaro 08-08-2016 12:22 AM

No Man's Sky

Releases on the 9th, so tomorrow night around 9pm on the west coast! Already pre ordered and can't wait! I'll be playing on PC. Also available on PS4, but not Xbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamcar16 08-08-2016 03:07 AM

i hope the game doesnt get boring after a week. also, $60 bucks for a indie game doesnt really ride with me. but i do love the fact it takes 405 billion years to fully explore 18 quintillion planets. lettuce know how the game content is when you get it

GoldCartridgeGamer 08-08-2016 01:53 PM

PC version is delayed.

Dizzy82 08-10-2016 05:15 PM

Looks interesting.

shibbs 08-10-2016 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lgndryhr (Post 9247817)
PC version is delayed.

Yeah, sucks that we get lumped into the "worldwide release" of the 12th.

Dizzy82 08-10-2016 06:42 PM

From IGN:

Quote:

On day three of my No Man’s Sky journey, I find myself losing faith that there’s something better waiting for me out there. I’ve jumped to more than a dozen stars and passed through a black hole that told me I’d leapt more than 500 light years toward the galactic center. What wonders awaited me on the other side? Pretty much exactly the same things I’d been doing since I awoke on that first world. At this point No Man’s Sky is in desperate need of radical changes in its gameplay loop to hold my interest. What’s here just doesn’t have enough good mechanics and shows no signs of evolving into something better, and right now is too frequently repetitive or frustrating.
I hope the ability to run into other players pans out. Otherwise this will get old very fast.

Dreamcar16 08-12-2016 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dizzy82 (Post 9252406)
From IGN:

I hope the ability to run into other players pans out. Otherwise this will get old very fast.

too bad. was planning on getting the game, time to order battlefield 1.

GoldCartridgeGamer 08-13-2016 03:52 PM

PC version is terrible I hear.

shibbs 08-13-2016 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lgndryhr (Post 9257544)
PC version is terrible I hear.

Nah. Nowhere near horrible. I've got a dozen hours in it already, and it's very fun.
It's pretty obviously a console port, though. Even though I have a 2560x1440 144hz monitor, the graphics seem to be about 1080p and no better. That's about the only frustrating thing.
I'll whine a little and say "aw, it doesn't have SLI support" but a single GTX 970 is cranking 60fps just fine on unlimited HZ and 1440p output.

Keep in mind it's only 2.6GB installed, and an AMAZING soundtrack. (most of it as procedurally generated as the universe)

Okay, now I'm going to go play more.

mickss 08-14-2016 07:30 AM

I may be wrong but from everything I`ve read and the newest reviews of NMS it has no plot, story line or goals to accomplish. If that is true I would think it might get pretty stale after awhile just exploring one planet after another. I like the idea of open world games and places to discover, but there really should be and end goal to accomplish.

Dizzy82 08-14-2016 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickss (Post 9258268)
I may be wrong but from everything I`ve read and the newest reviews of NMS it has no plot, story line or goals to accomplish. If that is true I would think it might get pretty stale after awhile just exploring one planet after another. I like the idea of open world games and places to discover, but there really should be and end goal to accomplish.

Exactly why I have no interest in getting it.

shibbs 08-14-2016 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickss (Post 9258268)

Whoever wrote that review didn't pay attention because they probably wanted to hate the game to begin with. There's a LOT of people aboard the "IT'S TOO OVERHYPED--I WANT TO KILL IT" train. It DOES have a plot if you pay attention. There are questlines - I'm following the Atlas quests right now. And the end goal is to reach the center of the universe.

:thumbdown:

I mean the game does have its flaws, but what game doesn't?

kalimus 08-17-2016 09:08 AM

Anything further on this one? I've read from many sources that it's biggest downside is tedious repetition.

xrivera91 08-17-2016 09:17 AM

I never thought I'd get it but I suckered my younger brother into getting it so I could give it a shot. I do get the "there is nothing to do in this game feeling" however I keep playing it. Lol I guess the fact that every Planet is different is what keeps drawing me in.