CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   sales fiqures....camaro....sad... (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=540083)

rburke76 10-05-2018 07:23 PM

sales fiqures....camaro....sad...

https://www.torquenews.com/106/ford-...-still-sinking

SPARTAN sui 10-05-2018 07:29 PM

I’m not a fan of the redesign, so I don’t feel bad. I think GM really missed the mark.

JerseyGTO 10-05-2018 07:38 PM

I don't get it. I was a lifelong Mustang guy. Between my parents and me, we've owned four. The 6th gen Camaro is just a better car than Mustang or Dodge. It really isn't even close. 30,000 miles in our '18 SS and it's never made me regret my decision.

DaveC113 10-05-2018 08:15 PM

I think the reason for slower sales is that it's harder to live with as a DD vs the Ford and Chrysler. Visibility, tiny backseat w fronts that don't slide fwd and mail-slot trunk opening is not helping. It's an ok compromise for some, and they might want to stay away from overlapping with the Caddys too much if the car was more conventional.

It seems tough to design a car to be both a $30k sporty DD as well as a $75k car with supercar performance capabilities.

DangerZL1 10-05-2018 08:17 PM

I have a feeling the redesign is only going to contribute to declining Camaro sales. I gotta give Dodge credit for gaining market share with a 9 or 10 year old design.

JerseyGTO 10-05-2018 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveC113 (Post 10330461)
I think the reason for slower sales is that it's harder to live with as a DD vs the Ford and Chrysler. Visibility, tiny backseat w fronts that don't slide fwd and mail-slot trunk opening is not helping. It's an ok compromise for some, and they might want to stay away from overlapping with the Caddys too much if the car was more conventional.

It seems tough to design a car to be both a $30k sporty DD as well as a $75k car with supercar performance capabilities.

LOL! We have three boys - 9, 11 and 18. I pick the two youngest up from their aftercare program everyday. Ours is my daily driver. Having coming from Mustangs and strongly considered the '18, I can say unequivocally:

- If you're buying a Mustang for improved rear seat and trunk capacity, you're going to be disappointed.

- 6th gen Camaro visibility issues are vastly overstated.

As always, YMMV.

rickr9504 10-05-2018 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerZL1 (Post 10330462)
I have a feeling the redesign is only going to contribute to declining Camaro sales. I gotta give Dodge credit for gaining market share with a 9 or 10 year old design.

if it ain't broken...

Joshinator99 10-05-2018 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerZL1 (Post 10330462)

Yep, totally agree. I only have one “kid” left here at home (he’s 17), but on the rare occasion he comes out for a ride with the wife and I, it’s tough for him space-wise. And the wife has to push her seat all the way forward. I love my SS, but can see why people buy Challengers or Chargers. Hell, I can’t even find space for my sunglasses... :lol:

Glen e 10-05-2018 09:26 PM

Another year or two of these type sales numbers and GM corporate finance will kill this car. GM has no real winners right now, that they can afford to carry this car as a halo/nostalga unit. IMO....

torqueaddict 10-05-2018 10:11 PM

Quote:

or those curious about some sort of monthly comparison, Chevrolet averaged 4,816 Camaro sales over each of the past three months. Dodge only sold 4,647 Challengers in August, so the Camaro may have actually finished second for that month, but it was still nowhere near the Mustang.
It really isn't as bad as the sensationalist headline is making it out to be when you read between the lines. And this writer sounds like he owns a Mustang.

Deputy Dog 10-06-2018 12:37 AM

GM management at the top too stupid to realize one must advertise to show your product. They are stupid. The GM Management at the very Top needs to be fired instead of giving themselves raises.

Deputy Dog 10-06-2018 12:39 AM

Quote:

No, the reason is a lot of people don't even know what a Camaro looks like.

Deputy Dog 10-06-2018 12:43 AM

Quote:

Its the perfect DD, its not a family car, its a performance Sports Coupe. The Camaro has never been a "Family" car. The Mustang back seat is no better than the Camaro and we don't buy them for the back seat.

whitelightning011 10-06-2018 12:43 AM

Oh no, the JD Power ad campaigns aren't working???

Not to mention the Camaro is not even advertised.

GM needs a complete overhaul of their marketing team.