CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Can Owners Please Helo Chronicle 2016-2024 6th Gen Changes? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=620824)

NovaSS4spdFan 11-03-2023 10:33 AM

Can Owners Please Helo Chronicle 2016-2024 6th Gen Changes?

NOW THAT CAMARO 6 IS ENDING, MANY OF US WOULD APPRECIATE AND LEARN A GREAT DEAL FROM A LISTING OF THE CHANGES MADE BY GM TO THE CAMARO 6 OVER THE YEARS.
I FULLY REALIZE THAT IT HASN'T BEEN EARTH SHATTERING, BUT FOR THE SAKE OF TODAY AND TOMORROW'S COLLECTORS, THE TIME SEEMS RIGHT.
I, FOR ONE, WASN'T PLANNING TO PURCHASE A CAMARO 6 UNTIL ABOUT A YEAR AGO WHEN TURNED OFF BY THE C8 VETTE AND UNWILLING TO SPEND ON WHAT I DEEMED AS OVERPRICED USED C7'S, I CAME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT AN SS 2024 VERT WITH A M6 CHECKED OFF ALL THE BOXES FOR ME.
I CAN TELL EVERY DIFFERENCE WITH NOVA SUPERSPORTS 1968-1974, BUT CAN'T SAY I HAVE THE SAME KNOWLEDGE WITH CAMARO 6.

I DO KNOW THE FOLLOWING:
-THERE WAS A CHANGE TO THE HOOD VENTS TO A SINGLE CENTER PIECE
-THERE WAS A TAIL LIGHT CHANGE
-THERE WAS A FRONT BUMPER CHANGE AFTER ENTHUSIASTS BLASTED GM

OK, PLEASE LIST WHAT YOU KNOW AND THE YEARS AFFECTED. FEEL FREE TO BE CORRECTED BY SOMEONE MORE KNOWLEGEABLE. I AM.

CTRifecta 11-03-2023 02:44 PM

WHY ARE YOU YELLING

DevilsReject97 11-03-2023 02:59 PM

2019+ Refresh

New front/rear fascias for all models except the ZL1 (rear fascia only).
New tail lights on all models (goggles)
Added 1LE Turbo 4 cylinder model
Added 10spd to ZL1 1LE
LT1 model added (stripper version ala 1SS from 5th gen)
Hood vents switched to a center one piece vent vs. the original vents on each side of the hood

Chevy also later refreshed the refreshed front fascia due to it being FUGLY - paint matched bumper instead of giant black bar across front

Those are what I can remember just off the top of my head..

PostalLDMC 11-03-2023 03:05 PM

When covid hit and some parts didn't make it. I don't have stop start and my side skirts are from a SS. Also, I didn't get the black strip with the red hash mark. It's a RS. So good luck when we can't get how many of each are built with standard equipment.:faint:

SomeGeoffGuy 11-03-2023 03:07 PM

The stereo has definitely improved from the 2016 version to the 2024 version. Convertible at least. I think it happened in 2019 or 2020.

-Geoff

CalgaryZL1 11-03-2023 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NovaSS4spdFan (Post 11375739)
NOW THAT CAMARO 6 IS ENDING, MANY OF US WOULD APPRECIATE AND LEARN A GREAT DEAL FROM A LISTING OF THE CHANGES MADE BY GM TO THE CAMARO 6 OVER THE YEARS.
I FULLY REALIZE THAT IT HASN'T BEEN EARTH SHATTERING, BUT FOR THE SAKE OF TODAY AND TOMORROW'S COLLECTORS, THE TIME SEEMS RIGHT.
I, FOR ONE, WASN'T PLANNING TO PURCHASE A CAMARO 6 UNTIL ABOUT A YEAR AGO WHEN TURNED OFF BY THE C8 VETTE AND UNWILLING TO SPEND ON WHAT I DEEMED AS OVERPRICED USED C7'S, I CAME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT AN SS 2024 VERT WITH A M6 CHECKED OFF ALL THE BOXES FOR ME.
I CAN TELL EVERY DIFFERENCE WITH NOVA SUPERSPORTS 1968-1974, BUT CAN'T SAY I HAVE THE SAME KNOWLEDGE WITH CAMARO 6.

I DO KNOW THE FOLLOWING:
-THERE WAS A CHANGE TO THE HOOD VENTS TO A SINGLE CENTER PIECE
-THERE WAS A TAIL LIGHT CHANGE
-THERE WAS A FRONT BUMPER CHANGE AFTER ENTHUSIASTS BLASTED GM

OK, PLEASE LIST WHAT YOU KNOW AND THE YEARS AFFECTED. FEEL FREE TO BE CORRECTED BY SOMEONE MORE KNOWLEGEABLE. I AM.

OR do the legwork and share your findings!

BatMobileLT1 11-03-2023 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTRifecta (Post 11375818)
WHY ARE YOU YELLING

+1 :smiling1:

See https://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/camaro/2016/review/
and check out "What's new" for each model year to get a pretty good list of the changes.

N Camarolina 11-03-2023 05:01 PM

2021: added A10 option for the SS 1LE
2022: added copper free Brembo brake pads as option/required (state dependent) in the SS 1LE, along with slightly larger Brembo calipers

NovaSS4spdFan 11-03-2023 06:16 PM

Sorry for the accidental cap lock, but really it wasn't all that big of a font. I'm just a stupid old senior citizen who is into muscle cars and Corvettes. Besides the young guys are always so knowledgeable about almost everything.

Appreciate the posts of those who thoughtfully responded and for the record, I did in fact research as best I could without turning it into a thesis project.

I thought this forum was for sharing information but there are some guys who get a kick outta being snarky.

Guess my idea fell flat.

CalgaryZL1 11-03-2023 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NovaSS4spdFan (Post 11375870)
Sorry for the accidental cap lock, but really it wasn't all that big of a font. I'm just a stupid old senior citizen who is into muscle cars and Corvettes. Besides the young guys are always so knowledgeable about almost everything.

Appreciate the posts of those who thoughtfully responded and for the record, I did in fact research as best I could without turning it into a thesis project.

I thought this forum was for sharing information but there are some guys who get a kick outta being snarky.

Guess my idea fell flat.

Sorry for coming across snarky, your idea didn’t fall flat. Maybe your idea could become a sticky?

BatMobileLT1 11-03-2023 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NovaSS4spdFan (Post 11375870)

Guess my idea fell flat.

Hey - not a bad idea, This has the info that I think you want (without the snark!):

and check out "What's new" for each model year to get a pretty good list of the changes.

arpad_m 11-03-2023 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BatMobileLT1 (Post 11375876)
Hey - not a bad idea, This has the info that I think you want (without the snark!):

Meh, just checked model year 2018 at that page and Edmunds forgot about the most important novelty in that model year: THE MIGHTY WIPER FLUID SENSOR :smiling1:

To NovaSS4spdFan, depending on the level of detail it can be a ton of work to compile a comprehensive, easily digestible list with changes, maybe that (and the all caps) is why some sprayed a little dose of snark on your post. Us who are past 50, though, should have already achieved nirvana-esque ZFG state, so that shouldn't be an issue :smoking:

The thing is, having a topic won't necessarily help either, because the info will be trickled in dispersed and endlessly duplicated from, some of it even plain wrong, so extracting it from this thread will take some effort as well. The Edmunds list, while rudimentary with its trim level info, is indeed a good start.

CTRifecta 11-03-2023 07:33 PM

NO WORRIES MAN WE ALL GET IT!

NovaSS4spdFan 11-03-2023 08:32 PM

Thanks, guys. My faith restored.

Who was it that said the ole'gray mule ain't what he used to be ?