CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Camaro water damage? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611699)

zackcworley 11-29-2022 04:30 PM

Camaro water damage?

Hey so I had my puppy pee in my passenger floor when I was taking her to the vet because of a broken leg, very tragic situation. But anyway I had to shampoo the floor like 7 times now trying to get that god forbidden smell out and I was wondering if the water from the shampooer will leave any type of water damage, I’ve had to soak the floor and now I’m worried if that would be a problem.

Val Walkinshaw 11-29-2022 04:51 PM

I would recommend a professional detailer. They use an extractor that's far superior to what the average consumer has at home. I'm on a detailing forum and for example a decent one like Myree costs $1k starting. Something like this would be 15mins worth of easy work for them. For the long term smell, bacteria and biohazard now in that carpet, leave it to a professional. Our Camaros are worth that.

I'm sorry about your pup. I lost mine this summer and just today I was standing over his grave having a moment. It's gonna be hard this holiday season without him. Tbh, I could be coping better.

Anyways. Enough sappy stuff. Good luck to you and your fur baby.

Edit: get on FB and become a member of "detailing 101 by autogeek". Not only will you learn a lot, you'll likely get the same answer if not get a recommendation on someone in your area.

"GLEN e" is also a detailing geek here on these forums. He's also a good resource.

STYLO LT1 11-29-2022 07:28 PM

I’d try positioning a fan in the direction of the floor and try drying it out just as a preventative measure against mold forming in the future.

truckrglenn 11-29-2022 07:58 PM

Use the a wet/dry vac to suck the water out of the carpet.

Spaceme1117 11-30-2022 04:27 AM

I would recommend taking the carpet out of the car to clean it. You can then also check to see if there is any water still on the floor board.

You need to remove the seats and a few other things but it is actually pretty easy to do.

Also, an excellent time to do the seat reclining mod also.

Hope your puppy is okay.

jamala00 11-30-2022 05:54 AM

Hope you get your car cleaned up... but even FAR more important... How is your puppy doing. That's sad...

22SS1LE 11-30-2022 07:10 AM

you need something that will break down the enzyms from the pee
regular carpet shampoo wont remove that
https://www.autoality.com/store/pc/P...oz-61p8805.htm
https://www.petsuppliesplus.com/cate...128&position=5
The skouts honor stuff works really well

TP2SS 11-30-2022 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spaceme1117 (Post 11258047)
I would recommend taking the carpet out of the car to clean it. You can then also check to see if there is any water still on the floor board.

You need to remove the seats and a few other things but it is actually pretty easy to do.

Hope your puppy is okay.

I'd do this but one step further. Remove and replace the jute as well. The jute is the "padding" that goes under the carpet. They're probably pretty inexpensive. The jute will absorb the urine and you'll never get the smell out by just cleaning the carpet. With the carpet out, you can clean it thoroughly by using a power washer (gentle pressure not full!) and get it fully dry by setting it out in the sun. New jute and clean carpet and you're all set, good as new and no lingering smell!

JTS 11-30-2022 12:02 PM

I hope as all you pooch is doing well first and up most .
All the above are very good suggestions, and will work , some maybe a little overkill , but how much did your pooch pee, on the front passenger floor , I can suggest trying this first before you remove the seat and replace the padding, Walmart households dept has a cleaner specifically made for pet urine (can't remember the brand ) used it before and works to disinfect and neutralise the possible urine smell .
Pull the door sill plate off , lift the carpet an pad , shampoo both use neutraliser , use towels to pat dry prop up carpet and pad with paint stick or 2 , or like object and run a space heater ( common in most homes or a hair dryer , monitor for safety reasons . I bet this will totally eliminate the problem. We had the same issue a few years back in my wife's new Tahoe our pooch had an accidental pee from a UTI couldn't control herself. A suggestion. Happy Motoring. Again hope your pooch is recovering .

Nothing like an SS 11-30-2022 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTS (Post 11258174)
I hope as all you pooch is doing well first and up most .
All the above are very good suggestions, and will work , some maybe a little overkill , but how much did your pooch pee, on the front passenger floor , I can suggest trying this first before you remove the seat and replace the padding, Walmart households dept has a cleaner specifically made for pet urine (can't remember the brand ) used it before and works to disinfect and neutralise the possible urine smell .
Pull the door sill plate off , lift the carpet an pad , shampoo both use neutraliser , use towels to pat dry prop up carpet and pad with paint stick or 2 , or like object and run a space heater ( common in most homes or a hair dryer , monitor for safety reasons . I bet this will totally eliminate the problem. We had the same issue a few years back in my wife's new Tahoe our pooch had an accidental pee from a UTI couldn't control herself. A suggestion. Happy Motoring. Again hope your pooch is recovering .

First, hope the pup is ok.

This is the best suggestion I have seen, was about to post something very similar.

keep_hope_alive 11-30-2022 12:34 PM

Quote:

Hope your puppy is okay.

I would also remove the carpet from the car. I would also replace the padding under the carpet. This will let everything dry out properly. Only ~30 minutes of effort to remove carpet.

22LT1Camaro 11-30-2022 03:03 PM

Rocco & Roxie Pet Stain & Odor Remover is my "go to" enzyme based cleaner.

2 dogs - one just turned 1, the other nearing 2, tons of accidents on my carpets and you'd never know.

You'll still probably want to get the car to a detailer or replace the carpet and what's underneath at some point, but, dogs are like kids - keeping things nice can be tough, and expensive.

zackcworley 12-11-2022 10:21 PM

Quote:

Hope your puppy is okay.

How do I go about removing the carpet exactly?

DamonZ28 12-12-2022 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Val Walkinshaw (Post 11257951)
Edit: get on FB and become a member of "detailing 101 by autogeek". Not only will you learn a lot, you'll likely get the same answer if not get a recommendation on someone in your area.

I just joined. :cool: