Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   7th Gen Camaro may be a coupe after all? (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=618610)

SnakeEyeSS 08-09-2023 08:06 PM

7th Gen Camaro may be a coupe after all?

https://jalopnik.com/gm-electric-cou...ent-1850721352

Number 3 08-09-2023 08:21 PM

I believe/hope GM creates something wonderful that will challenge most in this site. But having worked there for 25 years I understand the trepidation,

JKOR 08-09-2023 08:52 PM

Not going ev (again, as I currently have a Tesla that I want to sell)

SS_Don 08-09-2023 09:00 PM

GM should let the Camaro name die in peace. It should never be associated with an EV. It would be an insult to all of the great ICE Camaros. GM should find a new name.

JT6Speed 08-09-2023 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS_Don (Post 11345560)
GM should let the Camaro name die in peace. It should never be associated with an EV. It would be an insult to all of the great ICE Camaros. GM should find a new name.

I agree. Let the nameplate live on in it's true legacy.

Bumbleboy92 08-09-2023 09:38 PM

Whatever the VSS-R platform becomes I’d like to think they’d have a coupe for it. The presentation while back GM did with their one of their electrification announcements had outlines of all their electric/planned electric cars and one that matched the Camaro sillouette so that’s my only hope

GreenZLE 08-09-2023 09:56 PM

An electric Camaro will be gross. I hope it fails.

SnakeEyeSS 08-09-2023 10:41 PM

So...call it the Panther?

My problem with electrics is WOT range. If you have seen the Tesla charge use per lap a guy made when he tracked his 3, a bone stock 90 Miata would kill it in a 1 hour race

jamala00 08-10-2023 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKOR (Post 11345556)
Not going ev (again, as I currently have a Tesla that I want to sell)

Is that a very challenging task to try to sell a used EV? It seems like it would be. You expecting to loose your ass selling it? Again, seems like that would be the case.

Wyzz Kydd 08-10-2023 05:42 AM

Just be glad you’re not a young person starting out in today’s economy. You’re being priced out of new cars and new homes.

People who used to be in the market for starter homes are now hoping they can afford a double wide trailer. People who used to be in market for an entry level new car now hope they can afford a decent used car.

Follow that path and you realize people who in the past were in the market for a trailer or used car now can’t afford either.

This is not an accident.

jamala00 08-10-2023 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd (Post 11345613)
Just be glad you’re not a young person starting out in today’s economy. You’re being priced out of new cars and new homes.

People who used to be in the market for starter homes are now hoping they can afford a double wide trailer. People who used to be in market for an entry level new car now hope they can afford a decent used car.

Follow that path and you realize people who in the past were in the market for a trailer or used car now can’t afford either.

This is not an accident.

^^^^ Truth!

olrocker 08-10-2023 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS_Don (Post 11345560)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JT6Speed (Post 11345568)
I agree. Let the nameplate live on in it's true legacy.

Agreed. I've been saying since the first hints that Queen Mary reassigned Mark Reuss from Corvette/Camaro team development to the new electric development team that this was gonna happen, and I'd rather the Camaro name die completely than go on anything that doesn't make noise and at least give you the option to row your own gears.

Don Yenko is rolling in his grave right now with what's going on with the Camaro nameplate.

Iconic 08-10-2023 06:15 AM

The Camaro name should end when they stop putting internal cumbustion engines in them. Just like when they stopped using Z28 when the supercar Camaro went away from NA and switched supercharged motors. But, sadly, I could see GM continuing to use the Camaro name on an electrik vehicle. Use an iconic name to try to market something few people want. Like the SUV Mustang. Silverado used to be a top level trim package on the 1500 trucks. Now all 1500 trucks are silverados, including low trim level trucks.

FlukeSS 08-10-2023 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd (Post 11345613)

This is not an accident.

Oh you mean like every other generation that came before them? Welcome to adult hood, the younger generation are not the first, and won't be the last. It is called the American Dream. Rich get richer, poor get poorer and the middle class disappears.