Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   P0011 Code thrown after VVT cam was installed. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=445159)

BloodyFaizal 03-20-2016 11:43 PM

P0011 Code thrown after VVT cam was installed.

So here's the issue. My car recently had a 218/232 VVT Cam from Comp Cams installed in it. After getting it tuned by a renown tuner in the East Texas Area I was driving it and having a little fun going wot and what not. After about 50 miles of driving the car threw a code. I used my i2 handheld to see what the code was and it's P0011: A Camshaft Position - Timing Over - Advance or System Performance. Can anyone tell me whether this is a mechanical or tuning issue. Any help is appreciated at this point. My car hasn't touched 10k miles yet and would really appreciate the information. Thanks in advance.

BloodyFaizal 03-21-2016 12:28 PM

Bump. Really appreciate any insight on this.

trw427ss 03-21-2016 02:33 PM

It's probably mechanical. Cam installed incorrectly. That's generally the only time you will see that code.

hammdo 03-21-2016 04:14 PM

Phase limiter installed with the cam I assume?

-Don

ZOOMSS 03-21-2016 09:04 PM

I'm curious about the outcome too, I'm 99% sure I know which East Texas shop you took it too and I'm planning on having a tune done by them, so I'm very interested in the quality of their work and any how easy they are to deal with when mistakes need to be fixed.

BloodyFaizal 03-23-2016 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZOOMSS (Post 8982498)
I'm curious about the outcome too, I'm 99% sure I know which East Texas shop you took it too and I'm planning on having a tune done by them, so I'm very interested in the quality of their work and any how easy they are to deal with when mistakes need to be fixed.

Which shop are you talking about?

BloodyFaizal 03-23-2016 03:46 AM

The situation was resolved. The shop that did the install took the car apart and double checked there work. Everything on the mechanics end was good. Turned out I didn't recieve the vvt tables to give to my tuner which in turn was causing that code to pop up. After the vvt tables in my tune were adjusted and the code was cleared it didn't show up again. Cars running great.

Texas_RS 03-23-2016 01:44 PM

Glad you got it figured out! That had to be scary thinking that you were WOT on cam that was possibly installed wrong

BloodyFaizal 03-23-2016 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_RS (Post 8986005)
Glad you got it figured out! That had to be scary thinking that you were WOT on cam that was possibly installed wrong

Believe me it was!

ZOOMSS 03-27-2016 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyFaizal (Post 8985059)
Which shop are you talking about?

East Texas Muscle cars, seeing as they are closer to Tyler than Mast down in Nacogdoches. I worked as a mechanic for several years and between that and the nightmare experiences I have witnessed many people go through when dealing with small speedshops it's made me very picky about who I am willing to let touch my car when I'm not able to do the work myself. Good work doesn't always mean good business practices, so I'm glad to hear things turned out they way they did for you, especially if it is ETMC you are using.

BloodyFaizal 03-28-2016 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZOOMSS (Post 8994569)
East Texas Muscle cars, seeing as they are closer to Tyler than Mast down in Nacogdoches. I worked as a mechanic for several years and between that and the nightmare experiences I have witnessed many people go through when dealing with small speedshops it's made me very picky about who I am willing to let touch my car when I'm not able to do the work myself. Good work doesn't always mean good business practices, so I'm glad to hear things turned out they way they did for you, especially if it is ETMC you are using.

I didn't use them I used a shop called Motorsports Mafia. They're pretty good about making sure the work is done correctly. They're located in Tyler, TX. If you think they haven't done something correctly they'll go through it again and double check the work done.