Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Are all C7 Corvettes "Stingrays"? (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353434)

CFrance 04-17-2014 10:20 AM

Are all C7 Corvettes "Stingrays"?

The other day I was talking to a friend about the C7s and he was sure that only some of them are stingrays (like it was a trim level or an option you can add). I thought all the C7s were stingrays, am I wrong? :thanks:

Stingray 04-17-2014 10:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my thoughts based on Chevy's website nomenclature... technically the answer is no. The choice of available models reveal Stingray Coupe, Stingray Convertible, and then the new Z06 which will soon be distinguished as coupe or convertible. And to add, the Z51 and the Z07 are "performance package options" available on Stingrays or Z06s respectively. Obviously all this is debatable but it shouldn't really be a big deal... at the end of the day, they are all C7 Corvettes and that's what counts to each one of us and our preferences.

:c7:

CFrance 04-17-2014 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stingray (Post 7588518)
Here's my thoughts based on Chevy's website nomenclature... technically the answer is no. The choice of available models reveal Stingray Coupe, Stingray Convertible, and then the new Z06 which will soon be distinguished as coupe or convertible. And to add, the Z51 and the Z07 are "performance package options" available on Stingrays or Z06s respectively. Obviously all this is debatable but it shouldn't really be a big deal... at the end of the day, they are all C7 Corvettes and that's what counts to each one of us and our preferences.

Okay, so basically if you don't get the new Z06 then you have a stingray?

Yes I agree, ultimately it doesn't matter which is why I didn't argue with the guy lol I told him that I thought they were all stingrays but I said I am still learning about them and definitely didn't claim to know everything haha

But it has just been bugging me for the last couple weeks so I figured this was the best place to find the answer.

CFrance 04-17-2014 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stingray (Post 7588518)

By the way.... Your cars are BEAUTIFUL!!!! I was just looking at your website and damn those things are sexy :drool: just out of curiosity, which one is your favorite? Do you have a favorite or are you equally in love with all of them? :lol:

Stingray 04-17-2014 11:01 AM

Yes... if you do not have a Z06 then you either have a Stingray Coupe, or a Stingray Convertible, or a Stingray Coupe with the Z51 Performance Package option, or a Stingray Convertible with the Z51 Performance Package option. Again, all are Corvettes.

My fav... is the C7. Thanks! :happy0180:

RidgebackKing 04-17-2014 11:06 AM

There are Stingray's, Z06's, and C7.R's. GM distinguishes the Z06 from the Stingray, which is why it has Z06 where the Stingray emblems would be. It is built off of the Stingray platform, but they don't call it a Stingray. Just like you wouldn't call a Mustang Cobra a Mustang GT :)

GM uses this kind of text on their website: "the Corvette Z06 is distinguished from the Stingray with..."

Richardlord 04-17-2014 03:06 PM

Yes, all 2014 C7s thus far built are Stingrays. Regardless of models, they all sport the same Stingray Badge, and all the information says Stingray. The only significant difference is the Z51 Package, but even then, they all have the same small block with the same HP. The only boost in HP is 5HP for the Performance Exhaust. So, while my C7 is a Vert 3LT Z51 with Performance Exhaust, it is no more a Stingray than a base C7 coupe without these options. The 2015 ZO6/Z07 is another story.

GB EB 04-17-2014 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richardlord (Post 7589317)
Yes, all 2014 C7s thus far built are Stingrays. Regardless of models, they all sport the same Stingray Badge, and all the information says Stingray. The only significant difference is the Z51 Package, but even then, they all have the same small block with the same HP. The only boost in HP is 5HP for the Performance Exhaust. So, while my C7 is a Vert 3LT Z51 with Performance Exhaust, it is no more a Stingray than a base C7 coupe without these options. The 2015 ZO6/Z07 is another story.

OR.... more simply said: Yes, so far.

CFrance 04-18-2014 11:02 AM

Thanks everyone for the replies! I thought they all were but after that conversation I was questioning myself lol

1KUIKC7 04-18-2014 06:48 PM

:thumb:STINGRAY BABY!!!!

REVVIC 04-20-2014 01:37 AM

Doesn't the chrome stingray emblem on the fenders say it all?