Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Hellcat, rumor is today they show a new HP increase (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=532573)

IneedAZ 06-28-2018 07:15 AM

Hellcat, rumor is today they show a new HP increase

I read one of the Mopar forums that today Dodge will release info that the HC for 2019 will be 797HP. Supposedly the announcement is at 11:30. Not sure it is standard HC or a special edition though.

newmoon 06-28-2018 07:46 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=oXJVAmUPqy4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9utmZvcdd4

They better put a tire under this model and not the 275s.

FastCarFanBoy 06-28-2018 07:47 AM

nice

newmoon 06-28-2018 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy (Post 10233162)
nice

I'm guessing that the release of information on the new GT500 is coming very soon, Dodge is trying to steal it's Thunder.:D

ST1LE 06-28-2018 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newmoon (Post 10233169)
I'm guessing that the release of information on the new GT500 is coming very soon, Dodge is trying to steal it's Thunder.:D

I think you are spot on, Dodge is SO good at marketing....if anyone can it is them.

There is no stealing the Thunder from the GT500 though, the most anticipated vehicle release in a LONG time.

FastCarFanBoy 06-28-2018 08:10 AM

they probably would have waited til after Ford released info of that was their goal.

2K16SummitSS 06-28-2018 08:10 AM

:popcorn:

I'm not a Mopar guy, but I'm in a local muscle car group that has quite a few. Always interesting to see what they are up to.

BlaqWhole 06-28-2018 08:20 AM

The standard HC with widebody package is supposed to be at 725 or so I was led to believe. 797 tho would be incredible because we know the GT500 is over 700. So the GT500 would have to be close. Now here's the thing. Hellcat come fully optioned with everything you can imagine. And they come in at high $60Ks. And I'm pretty certain that the Dodge faithful have learned their lessons on paying markups. So if the HC is really going to have 797 HP, and if the GT500 is going to be competitive, then it will need to come in at the same price range, have full options (none of this if you choose the tech package then you can't have this or that with it dumbass nonsense), and be free of markups.

NW-99SS 06-28-2018 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ST1LE (Post 10233191)
I think you are spot on, Dodge is SO good at marketing....if anyone can it is them.

There is no stealing the Thunder from the GT500 though, the most anticipated vehicle release in a LONG time.

Mostly due to delay after delay.

Ford is in a tough spot. Do they target Dodge in acceleration (good luck), or take on the ZL1 in handling (1LE all but ensured that won't happen) - or be quicker than the Camaro with less handling, but slower than Dodge (maybe they will try to be quicker than the HC's, but the new power increase announcement puts that goal further out of reach as well)...

Time will tell, but I'm not anticipating the GT500 as much as I am curious as to where they focus the performance of it.

ISHLISS 06-28-2018 08:28 AM

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/06/28/...vealed-073119/

No power change for the Charger, would be surprised if they made the Challenger more powerful.

BlaqWhole 06-28-2018 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISHLISS (Post 10233222)
https://www.autoblog.com/2018/06/28/...vealed-073119/

No power change for the Charger, would be surprised if they made the Challenger more powerful.

The Charger will probably remain unchanged. This is straight from FCA:

"New for 2019, the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye is possessed by the Demon. Its 797-horsepower supercharged HEMI® high-output engine makes it the most powerful, quickest and fastest muscle car reaching 0-60 miles per hour (mph) in 3.4 seconds and the fastest GT production car with a ¼ mile elapsed time (ET) of 10.8 seconds at 131 mph. It also reaches a new top speed of 203 mph. Joining the Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye is the 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat with its more powerful 717-horsepower engine, as well as the Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody, which features fender flares from the SRT Hellcat Widebody and adds 3.5 inches of width to Scat Pack’s footprint. The 2019 Dodge Durango SRT, America’s fastest, most powerful and most capable three-row SUV with a best-in-class tow rating of 8,700 lbs. fills out the brands’ performance lineup. These visceral performance models join a 2019 brand lineup that includes the Durango, Grand Caravan, Journey, Charger and Challenger—a showroom that offers performance at every price point."

BlaqWhole 06-28-2018 08:35 AM

Based on this statement from FCA it looks like the Charger will stay at 707 while the Challenger will get a bump to 717 all the way up to 797.

"New for 2019, Dodge is repositioning the Charger lineup into six distinct, attitude-infused models that offer a range of performance and powertrain options for every modern muscle-car customer. The lineup ranges from the 707-horsepower Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat – the quickest, fastest and most powerful sedan in the world – to the efficient V-6 power of the new Charger GT RWD performance model and the all-wheel-drive capability of the new SXT AWD model."

ISHLISS 06-28-2018 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaqWhole (Post 10233229)
The Charger will probably remain unchanged. This is straight from FCA:

"New for 2019, the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye is possessed by the Demon. Its 797-horsepower supercharged HEMI® high-output engine makes it the most powerful, quickest and fastest muscle car reaching 0-60 miles per hour (mph) in 3.4 seconds and the fastest GT production car with a ¼ mile elapsed time (ET) of 10.8 seconds at 131 mph. It also reaches a new top speed of 203 mph. Joining the Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye is the 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat with its more powerful 717-horsepower engine, as well as the Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody, which features fender flares from the SRT Hellcat Widebody and adds 3.5 inches of width to Scat Pack’s footprint. The 2019 Dodge Durango SRT, America’s fastest, most powerful and most capable three-row SUV with a best-in-class tow rating of 8,700 lbs. fills out the brands’ performance lineup. These visceral performance models join a 2019 brand lineup that includes the Durango, Grand Caravan, Journey, Charger and Challenger—a showroom that offers performance at every price point."

Impressive, got a link?

ST1LE 06-28-2018 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NW-99SS (Post 10233209)
Mostly due to delay after delay.

Ford is in a tough spot. Do they target Dodge in acceleration (good luck), or take on the ZL1 in handling (1LE all but ensured that won't happen) - or be quicker than the Camaro with less handling, but slower than Dodge (maybe they will try to be quicker than the HC's, but the new power increase announcement puts that goal further out of reach as well)...

Time will tell, but I'm not anticipating the GT500 as much as I am curious as to where they focus the performance of it.

You are 100% right. I forget who brought this up in another VS chat, but the longer they wait, the higher GM and Dodge raise the bar. A tough spot indeed! I think it will end up being on par with the ZL1 on track(slower than the 1LE), faster on the strip. Slower than the HC on the strip, faster at the track. A bit of an in between I think.