Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   w/w cap will not stay shut (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215921)

usafboy 04-11-2012 07:01 PM

w/w cap will not stay shut

i got my injen cai about a month ago and reused the stock w/w cap, but it will not stay shut no matter what. currently i have tape wrapped around it keeping it shut but i'm looking for a easy and cheap solution to this. i don't want to contact injen and swap tanks though. looking more for a cap that just goes over the opening and creates a good seal so there's no leakage. am i the only one that has had this issue? if not, what did you all do to fix it?

rtcat600man 04-11-2012 09:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by usafboy (Post 4791399)
i got my injen cai about a month ago and reused the stock w/w cap, but it will not stay shut no matter what. currently i have tape wrapped around it keeping it shut but i'm looking for a easy and cheap solution to this. i don't want to contact injen and swap tanks though. looking more for a cap that just goes over the opening and creates a good seal so there's no leakage. am i the only one that has had this issue? if not, what did you all do to fix it?

Mine did not stay shut well either. I rarely use the fluid so I keep the tank only half full to prevent it from splashing out.

Also, I painted my bottle and this aluminum billet cap. Seems to have helped.

usafboy 04-11-2012 09:26 PM

yea your engine bay looks awesome! did you buy all your caps as a set? every set i've seen seems expensive. all i want is something for the w/w tank lol

formare 04-11-2012 09:39 PM

Twist the cap slightly clockwise then snap it down. Keeps mine shut every time.

rtcat600man 04-11-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usafboy (Post 4792376)
yea your engine bay looks awesome! did you buy all your caps as a set? every set i've seen seems expensive. all i want is something for the w/w tank lol

Thank - you. (another addition is in the mail, cover for the battery post, wire loom arrived today).

Yeah you can get the caps seperate, Try Ebay or Ohio-speed.com

usafboy 04-11-2012 10:23 PM

will look into this, thanks again man. hope michigan is treatin you good man. your about 2 1/2 hrs south of my hometown

rtcat600man 04-12-2012 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usafboy (Post 4792679)
will look into this, thanks again man. hope michigan is treatin you good man. your about 2 1/2 hrs south of my hometown

Grayling?

and yes, we have had some GREAT weather early, then typical Michigan. Warming up again starting today.

usafboy 04-12-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtcat600man (Post 4793364)
Grayling?

and yes, we have had some GREAT weather early, then typical Michigan. Warming up again starting today.

no Tawas. You probably never heard of it. you pass through it is you stay on US23 north. about an hour or so north of saginaw

rtcat600man 04-12-2012 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usafboy (Post 4793455)
no Tawas. You probably never heard of it. you pass through it is you stay on US23 north. about an hour or so north of saginaw

been there done that. Been to Mio a few times with buddies for snowmobiling. and we have traveled to Tawas.

bee sting 04-12-2012 09:17 AM

My cap leaks like hell to ! I ran black electrical tape on mine just to keep it from leaking all over my engine bay . I even tried another factory cap and still the same :mad0260:#//+++ !
I don't think the factory cap will seal on the aftermarket part. Injen needs there own cap to come with there washer bottle.
Anyone else have a fix other than run the washer haft full???:iono:

BowtieBelle 04-12-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usafboy (Post 4793455)

I've been to Tawas a time or two :D

usafboy 04-12-2012 11:41 AM

i agree that injen should make a cap to go over their tank.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowtieBelle (Post 4794407)
I've been to Tawas a time or two :D

it's a small world! bcus it's a small city haha