Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Anyone getting a Lotus Emira? (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=600773)

Dabjbr 12-26-2021 11:22 AM

Anyone getting a Lotus Emira?

1 Attachment(s)
I know it’s not exactly something a Camaro owner would cross shop, but I’m wondering if any of you are considering this little gem?

I currently own a SS1LE and am quite satisfied with the overall package. However, I can’t say it’s on par with the looks of the Emira which is gorgeous IMO. In fact, I find the Emira so desirable that I placed a $2500 deposit.

So, anyone else here considering the same?!

Christian1LE 12-26-2021 11:58 AM

I think the only others cars I would consider right now are the Cayman GT4, and the new M2 Competition (not released yet, just speculation). Oh yeah, also a ZL1 :)

LT1ornothing 12-26-2021 12:00 PM

I'm definitely not getting one, lol. Yes they do look very nice and the low curb weight is very appealing, but $77K for a four banger? And the supercharged v6 for over $90K? I hope you ordered yours with a v6 manual. That will definitely be worth some serious cash in the future as one of the final manual ICE sports cars to be offered.

jamala00 12-26-2021 12:23 PM

Nope, I'd get a C8 before that.

hotlap 12-26-2021 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christian1LE (Post 11112812)
I think the only others cars I would consider right now are the Cayman GT4, and the new M2 Competition (not released yet, just speculation). Oh yeah, also a ZL1 :)

I would consider the M2 Competition as my next move.
Quote:

A PROPER M POWERTRAIN
As reported by AutoCar, the 2023 BMW M2 will arrive with a familiar engine to any fan of the current M lineup. Known as the S58, this turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-six debuted in the BMW X3 M and X4 M models, before finding service in the new M3 and M4 platforms. Compared to the outgoing N55 and S55 engines in the most recent M2 models, the S58 features twin mono-scroll turbochargers, reworked heads, a new crankcase design, and a more efficient injection system. Sources close to the automaker have told the publication that the engine should be good for around 410 hp in the standard M2, while a more powerful M2 CS variant could get as much as 430 hp. That is just 50 hp shy of the full-blown M3 and M4, which should be plenty in the M2’s smaller chassis. Better yet, torque is expected to be up as well, with AutoCar reporting a figure of 428 lb-ft of torque on offer from the standard M2 model. The engine is expected to come mated to both a six-speed manual and an eight-speed automatic transmission, the latter of which replaces the old seven-speed dual clutch unit found in the current car.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a3...7/2023-bmw-m2/

Dabjbr 12-26-2021 01:07 PM

I’ve only made a deposit so far. I will spec it out when my number comes up which would probably be another year! But yes, I would do manual v6 for sure.

There are other cars that have similar and maybe better performance/price but I think the Emira wins in the looks and rarity department.

arpad_m 12-26-2021 01:16 PM

Dunno, it looks like another Ferrari wannabe to me—everyone be honest, if someone photoshopped the prancing horse logo onto the front bumper and swapped out the text on the rear, could you even tell it isn't one? Not saying it's bad per se, just that it's yet another plain, mostly copycat Euro car design...

Performance is nothing special either, car weighs 3100 lbs, which is light, but not extremely so for the anemic 4-banger. The supercharged V6 is much better, but at $90K+, it should be waaaaay better, not just okay.

Just my 2 cents' worth.

Jsreo 12-26-2021 01:20 PM

Beautiful car there, any HP # for the V6?

Dabjbr 12-26-2021 01:24 PM

I think it possibly passing for a Ferrari is a huge compliment.

V6 manual specs are 400hp and 317 torque. Most lap times and acceleration data puts it’s on par with the 1le. (assuming it performs like the Evora Gt)

redcoats1976 12-26-2021 01:35 PM

im considering buying a new set of tires this year,and maybe a trans fluid change.that is a good looking car though...

LT1ornothing 12-26-2021 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dabjbr (Post 11112826)
I’ve only made a deposit so far. I will spec it out when my number comes up which would probably be another year! But yes, I would do manual v6 for sure.

There are other cars that have similar and maybe better performance/price but I think the Emira wins in the looks and rarity department.

Hell yeah, that car in that configuration will definitely hold it's value if not appraise over time. Should be really fun as well, real shame they couldn't get a manual on a C8 Z06. Slower than the auto as it would be, I could barely imagine anything more fun and engaging than rowing through the gears in a c8 Z06.

WhyUMad1LE 12-26-2021 01:52 PM

Funny you mention this. I was just playing around with the configurator this morning. Make mine a 6MT in yellow please.

Ultimately I want to import an S1 Elise or Exige, because I miss the mechanical element of the older models.

LT1ornothing 12-26-2021 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE (Post 11112846)
Funny you mention this. I was just playing around with the configurator this morning. Make mine a 6MT in yellow please.

Ultimately I want to import an S1 Elise or Exige, because I miss the mechanical element of the older models.

Those were some incredibly fun little cars if you fit and found comfort in one. Hard pass for me, way too cramped even as a track toy. I'd love to try an Opel Speedster, looks to have a slightly more comfortable interior and a 2.0T Ecotec on a 2000 lbs mid engine car sounds like a lot of fun.

Geese1 12-26-2021 02:53 PM

If the Camaro I have on order doesn't pan out, I've toyed around with the idea of saving up for a year or two and getting into one of these instead. I've heard that Lotus cars generally seem to be some of the best handling cars around, and I also think it looks fantastic. While I'm sure I'll be happy with the 1LE, I think this would be on another level.