Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   GREAT DEAL OR OK DEAL!?!? Need feedback!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210209)

#TeamChevy 03-17-2012 12:18 PM

GREAT DEAL OR OK DEAL!?!? Need feedback!!

I'm looking at getting a 2LT 2010 camaro. fully loaded RS package orange black stripe, sunroof. 27,000 miles and still has a warranty. All for 21,500!!! Good deal or GREAT?? Only con its a stick shift and i don't know how to drive it lol. Keep looking or take it? I've done my research but I have never found exactly what I want at this price! PLEASE GIVE YOUR HONEST FEEDBACK!!

kjkjr27 03-17-2012 12:22 PM

Sounds like a good deal to me bought my fully loaded 2011 2lt/rs brand new for 32k. Better learn how to drive stick fast

TwistedEnergy 03-17-2012 12:35 PM

I learned to drive stick on my Camaro, never had a minute behind the wheel of a manual car before I got mine. But I knew an automatic was not even an option. Took me about 6 hours behind the wheel spread over 2 and a half weeks before I finally got my starts smooth, but I'm still stalling it a few times. Don't get discouraged it may get extremely frustrating at first but you just need time and practice. Once I figured it out I couldn't stop smiling. Some of the noises I heard during the first few hours of driving my car I thought something was going to fall out and cause serious damage, there was so much clunking and jerking but you will get the hang of it. If you do go manual try using the no gas method when starting out to find the catch point, have to release the clutch very slowly and the car will start rolling. Just my $.02

Linker239 03-17-2012 12:38 PM

I say go for it!

PLuche 03-17-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #TeamChevy (Post 4660805)
I'm looking at getting a 2LT 2010 camaro......Only con its a stick shift

Sounds like the biggest PRO to me.

puertoricanfont 03-17-2012 01:27 PM

go for it. I got my new 2010 camaro ls for 21400. So 21500 for a fully LT is one heck of a good deal. And dont worry about it being a manual. This was my first manual. Ended up getting my marine corps buddy to drive it back home for me then practice all day. Since then no more stalls :). And nothing can compare to ripping thru the gears.

#TeamChevy 03-17-2012 02:13 PM

I really appreciate it! I'm supposed to be practicing today on another car but I have noticed that you do not have to hit the has as fast im the camaro. I know a little something it's just getting my timing right to make the ride smooth. I'm a pretty tall dude and my parents are worried that in the long run it will put a strain on my knees in the future. But of course I'm not looking at all that lol its a camaro i dont care