Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Has this corona issue affected your job (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571625)

Mr2Hard2See 03-09-2020 12:26 PM

Has this corona issue affected your job

I work in the entertainment industry and this corona epidemic has started to cause some of my work to cancel. It’s a very unfortunate thing but I’ll be alright. Only thing is I now have a bit more free time than expected so it makes me want to work on the cars. At the same time I shouldn’t be spending to much extra with buying new parts since I still have mods I’m attempting to complete still.

Greenhornet2 03-09-2020 01:21 PM

The media craze about this stupid cold is insane. I can't believe how stupid the world is.

detamble13 03-09-2020 01:24 PM

A colleague's daughter just got back back from South Korea so she's working from home for the next two weeks. Problem is our manager went to her place to setup her computer and remote connection. So he's been in contact with her and then comes back to the shop. Not quite the quarantine they're making it out to be but sometimes it's hard to tell your boss his idea is stupid.

Clarkstar 03-09-2020 01:33 PM

I work for a company that produces hand sanitizer dispensers.... needless to say, business is booming... working 7 days a week

pyroguy 03-09-2020 01:53 PM

There's a big mining expo in Vegas this week and many big names pulled out because of the "threat". That's about the impact for me. People still want stuff so I keep making big rocks into little rocks.

Mr2Hard2See 03-09-2020 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detamble13 (Post 10741601)
A colleague's daughter just got back back from South Korea so she's working from home for the next two weeks. Problem is our manager went to her place to setup her computer and remote connection. So he's been in contact with her and then comes back to the shop. Not quite the quarantine they're making it out to be but sometimes it's hard to tell your boss his idea is stupid.

That boss of yours sound “special” lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarkstar (Post 10741609)
I work for a company that produces hand sanitizer dispensers.... needless to say, business is booming... working 7 days a week

Make that extra coin while it’s good. :thumbup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyroguy (Post 10741626)
There's a big mining expo in Vegas this week and many big names pulled out because of the "threat". That's about the impact for me. People still want stuff so I keep making big rocks into little rocks.

Pretty much the same for me. A lot of talks about rescheduling expos for mid summer so it’s not a total loss here

JLSuperfly 03-09-2020 02:19 PM

Nope. I am in the office as usual.

ZED SLED 03-09-2020 02:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I drank 6 Corona Refrescas yesterday and I felt pretty good. Made it into work today, too.

From the Funny Pictures Thread.
Attachment 1023039

xstuntman 03-09-2020 03:24 PM

No, not yet, but im hopeful it rips thru management something awful.

Avenging Orange 03-09-2020 03:30 PM

Wont go as far as Mr President in calling it a hoax...but it has been blown WAY out of proportion. I will say, in my area it is business as usual. Only thing that is being hoarded is Purell.
The world will keep spinning.....just give it a big lime.

Moto-Mojo 03-09-2020 03:46 PM

"No, not yet, but im hopeful it rips thru management something awful. "

:smiling1:

InFiD3ViL 03-09-2020 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avenging Orange (Post 10741701)
Wont go as far as Mr President in calling it a hoax...but it has been blown WAY out of proportion. I will say, in my area it is business as usual. Only thing that is being hoarded is Purell.
The world will keep spinning.....just give it a big lime.

Well it could be much easier to win an election when the MSM and dems blow it out of proportion and intentionally try to sink the economy. They know exactly what they are doing. I will leave my opinions at that since I don't want to taint our site with politics.

Vegas Bound 03-09-2020 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL (Post 10741762)
Well it could be much easier to win an election when the MSM and dems blow it out of proportion and intentionally try to sink the economy. They know exactly what they are doing. I will leave my opinions at that since I don't want to taint our site with politics.

Exactly.

StingrayblueSS 03-09-2020 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarkstar (Post 10741609)

My situation is similar I work for a company that makes the n95 masks so we're working seven days a week also.