Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   More Horses (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=720)

ROCKYSSDREAM 03-02-2007 06:24 PM

More Horses

Hello Camaro fans !
I have Dreamed of buying a 69 Camaro since i was a boy, but them came the new concept Camaro.
I will buy one when they come out.
I want the fastest bad ass Camaro they make.
Does any one know if they will offer anything faster then the SS with the 400 Horses ?
Thanks, Rocky

camarosc35 03-02-2007 06:28 PM

I read in Hot Rod magazine that there is possibly a 427 cubic inch version with 505 bhp and read somewhere else about a big block cranking over 500 bhp, too.

TAG UR IT 03-03-2007 02:06 AM

Welcome to the site, Rocky! At this point in time, no one has solid info. Everything is hearsay or speculation. My opinion? I believe GM will put out something w/ enough hp to compete w/ all the rest....Mustang, Challenger, etc. I'm not worried one bit...GM will do us right.

Moose 03-03-2007 06:43 AM

Welcome Rocky :thumbsup:

As for a 5th Gen. with over 400HP, I'd say there's a pretty good chance. ;)

MaroMike 03-03-2007 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camarosc35 (Post 7807)
I read in Hot Rod magazine that there is possibly a 427 cubic inch version with 505 bhp and read somewhere else about a big block cranking over 500 bhp, too.

I read that same issue my friend. It was the one with several different puter pics of the front end including the hide-aways. If memory serves, they were speculating that the 427 would be designated the ZL1.

We can only hope..........but I'm a hoping.;)

Rock36 03-03-2007 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaroMike (Post 7822)
If memory serves, they were speculating that the 427 would be designated the ZL1.

Somehow naming a mass production Camaro a ZL1 doesn't sound right to me.

I wouldn't want to dilute what ZL1 stands for. Plus I wouldn't want to be a victim of price gouging like what has been going on with the Shelby GT 500.

If the GT500 was just called another Mustang Cobra I don't think the markups would be this bad. The same thing might happen with a ZL1

MaroMike 03-03-2007 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock36 (Post 7823)
Somehow naming a mass production Camaro a ZL1 doesn't sound right to me.

I wouldn't want to dilute what ZL1 stands for. Plus I wouldn't want to be a victim of price gouging like what has been going on with the Shelby GT 500.

If the GT500 was just called another Mustang Cobra I don't think the markups would be this bad. The same thing might happen with a ZL1

I couldn't agree more. When I said I'm hoping..........I meant the HP. I wouldn't care how it was badged. :)

At the same time, a very limited number of pure ZL1's would not hurt the image at all. IMHO.

Regards!! Mike

3whiterag 03-03-2007 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 7819)
Welcome to the site, Rocky! At this point in time, no one has solid info. Everything is hearsay or speculation. My opinion? I believe GM will put out something w/ enough hp to compete w/ all the rest....Mustang, Challenger, etc. I'm not worried one bit...GM will do us right.

:) :) :) :) :)

camarosc35 03-03-2007 10:08 AM

Yeah, I am sure there will be engine options available, considering there will be the Sports Coupe (with a six cylinder and an eight), an SS, and Z28.

ROCKYSSDREAM 03-05-2007 10:41 AM

Thanks for the replys. Glad to see there are so many Camaro fans. I can not wait to be behind the wheel of this sweet machine ! I have my Camaro Key chain on my desk ready for the keys ! Silver or Charcoal with Black Ralley stripes ! I've got a long wait. Thanks again for the information. Rocky

ROCKYSSDREAM 03-05-2007 10:54 AM

Thanks for the reply. Nice Camaro. I had a 74 and my first new car was a 82 blue & silver Z28 pace car, but a drunk driver came in my lane and hit me head-on and totaled it. Take care if the sweet machine. Rocky

Casull 03-05-2007 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaroMike (Post 7824)
I couldn't agree more. When I said I'm hoping..........I meant the HP. I wouldn't care how it was badged. :)

At the same time, a very limited number of pure ZL1's would not hurt the image at all. IMHO.

Regards!! Mike

Exactly. While I am not holding my breathe for a 500+HP Camaro, I do think it would give the car all kinds of great publicity. If they did release a ZL-1 type car, it would probably cost a boat load because I almost guarantee it would be made in very limited quantities (to keep the Vette crowd happy) which means an already expensive car would cost more through dealer markups.

IROC'em 03-05-2007 02:47 PM

Pffft I would rather buy a Vette.

LSxcellent 03-05-2007 03:03 PM

If they release the LS9 with the supercharger on it for the Cadillac CTS-v (as is rumored to be true) then we would probably see that engine in the Camaro (both would be high volume sellers that would spread development cost faster).

The 427 is a pretty pricey engine, ESPECIALLY since its only featured as a low-volume crate engine and in the Z06... but if they sell a lot more of these than maybe its the cheaper engine option... who knows.?

My guess is that we'll see 500hp pretty quick (since the Z07 vette is moving up to 700hp!!! :eyebulge: ). GM has several engines now capable of achieving this number...

I have to just pause here and say 500hp, Camaro, possible.? :headbang:

Now is the Golden Age of muscle!

~LSx