Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Just Grabbed the ZL1 Spot at Dealership (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181875)

IcePick06 11-11-2011 07:43 PM

Just Grabbed the ZL1 Spot at Dealership

Just wanted to give a shout to Dan Boardmand (Fleet Manager) over at Power Chevy in Mesa AZ (he's a member of this forum too). I grabbed his 3rd and final ZL1 spot for MSRP. Just put down the $2k deposit and will order next week, I'm still trying to decide on whether I want the stripe package or the sunroof on my ASHEN GREY w/ Manual Transmission and exposed CF extractor. :headbang:

For those of you looking for a ZL1, don't be afraid to look out of state. I live in Socal and Dan assured me I could have the vehicle drop shipped directly from GM to my local dealership (COURTESY DELIVERY) and the fee shouldn't really be more than $150. I've already found a dealership right next to my work (CONNELL CHEVY) that can do $150 courtesy delivery :cool:

Z_Rocks 11-11-2011 08:16 PM

Congrats!!!

I'd stay away from sunroof. More weight to an already heavy car.

For the color you're picking (beautiful) keep the strip away. That gray should be it. Simple is more elegant.

CF extractor will look nice with gray.

6M definitely.

mcamisgroup 11-11-2011 09:41 PM

I totally agree with Zrocks. I have also ordered the Ashen Gray with no stripes and no sunroof and know it will look fabulous with that reverse mohawk roof and exposed weave carbon fiber hood.

IcePick06 11-11-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z_Rocks (Post 4003751)
Congrats!!!

I'd stay away from sunroof. More weight to an already heavy car.

For the color you're picking (beautiful) keep the strip away. That gray should be it. Simple is more elegant.

CF extractor will look nice with gray.

6M definitely.

that's what I was thinking. Plus with a grey car and a grey stripe I dont know if there would be much of a contrast to look "good". Thanx for the input ;)

Uneducated Guess 11-11-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcePick06 (Post 4004070)
that's what I was thinking. Plus with a grey car and a grey stripe I dont know if there would be much of a contrast to look "good". Thanx for the input ;)

That's why I chose the black insert with the black stripe. I think the contrast will look good

IcePick06 11-11-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uneducated Guess (Post 4004083)
That's why I chose the black insert with the black stripe. I think the contrast will look good

Yea but something about raw exposed CF just looks "racy" and "fast" to me. Plus I can just wax the whole car like normal. BTW: have u seen the CF edition ZL1 photos? :drool:

Grimelock2009 11-11-2011 09:58 PM

Congrats bud..

Uneducated Guess 11-11-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcePick06 (Post 4004109)
Yea but something about raw exposed CF just looks "racy" and "fast" to me. Plus I can just wax the whole car like normal. BTW: have u seen the CF edition ZL1 photos? :drool:

Yeah...I very much like it but I just really like the idea of the stripe. Don't get me wrong though, that exposed cf looks awesome and I've contemplated changing to it but like you said, the stripe wouldn't really stand out. Plus, mostly everybody getting the AGM is getting the exposed so I figure mine would be somewhat unique. ;)

Z4me 11-11-2011 10:06 PM

Awesome welcome to the ZL1 group. Remember the therapy sessions
are on Wednesday nights at 7:00 pm.
Trying to pick the color and options can be a real challenge, Esp
when were placing an advance order with out knowing the price yet.
Just make it your own and enjoy the h*ll out of it. :cool:

mlee 11-11-2011 10:07 PM

:clap:

1BADZL1 11-12-2011 01:12 AM

Congrats!

69NMYSS 11-12-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcePick06 (Post 4003633)
Just wanted to give a shout to Dan Boardmand (Fleet Manager) over at Power Chevy in Mesa AZ (he's a member of this forum too). I grabbed his 3rd and final ZL1 spot for MSRP. Just put down the $2k deposit and will order next week, I'm still trying to decide on whether I want the stripe package or the sunroof on my ASHEN GREY w/ Manual Transmission and exposed CF extractor. :headbang:

For those of you looking for a ZL1, don't be afraid to look out of state. I live in Socal and Dan assured me I could have the vehicle drop shipped directly from GM to my local dealership (COURTESY DELIVERY) and the fee shouldn't really be more than $150. I've already found a dealership right next to my work (CONNELL CHEVY) that can do $150 courtesy delivery :cool:

Dont you have to worry about CA emissions when registering the vehicle? If you live in CA I thought you couldn't buy a new car out of state because you wont be able to register it. CA requires vehicles have specific emissions controls which other states do not which, the dealerships make cars specifically for CA. Can someone please elaborate.

69NMYSS 11-12-2011 09:29 PM

here is the link

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures...cts/ffvr29.htm

2010 SSRS 11-12-2011 11:41 PM

congrats