Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Mary Barra needs to resign (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624724)

MyNameIs 04-06-2024 11:49 PM

Mary Barra needs to resign

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoiYa0G_SpA

Number 3 04-07-2024 04:20 PM

Sorry GM is making 10 Billion PROFIT per year like a printing press under her leadership. Not going to happen.

LT1Zob 04-07-2024 06:09 PM

Buying a 10year treasury note would have been a much smarter investment decision than buying GM (oh sorry, gm or gM or whatever the f@$& they identify as today) stock the day she took over. A complete waste of investor cash buying that stock since bk.

Evergreen6 04-07-2024 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT1Zob (Post 11416998)
Buying a 10year treasury note would have been a much smarter investment decision than buying GM (oh sorry, gm or gM or whatever the f@$& they identify as today) stock the day she took over. A complete waste of investor cash buying that stock since bk.

How much did you buy?

LT1Zob 04-07-2024 06:45 PM

Exactly $0.00

wakespeak 04-07-2024 07:14 PM

Umm your phone tracks you on GPS 1s pings if you have an iPhone. Mine knows where I work, where I live, what my typical commutes are whom I have called, texted, been called from. It has an accelerometer too to potentially measure dynamic changes like braking events. You can go on and on, Google, Hulu, Netflix, Bing, Instagram, Facebook all track your history. At least GM is stopping the practice. Sounds like that woman is driving recklessly often, should we be subsidizing that with higher overall insurance rates?

MT-SS1LE 04-07-2024 07:43 PM

Thankfully I'm not tied to my phone like it's an appendage. Even if there was cell coverage in the areas I like to go for spirited drives, which there isn't, I can turn it off, put it in a Faraday bag, or simply not take it with me. GM was caught behaving in a sleazy, unethical, if not illegal manner. I hope it costs them millions, That is the only language these corporations understand.

302crossram 04-07-2024 08:13 PM

affirmative action hire ain't going nowhere..
that said, I opted out of OS enrollment upon delivery and pulled the fuse.

fuk 'em

olrocker 04-07-2024 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 11416986)
Sorry GM is making 10 Billion PROFIT per year like a printing press under her leadership. Not going to happen.

Yes, we know how your GM is perfect.

Keep telling us. We just can’t get enough of your devotion to your heart and soul. :love:

arpad_m 04-07-2024 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakespeak (Post 11417009)
Umm your phone tracks you on GPS 1s pings if you have an iPhone. Mine knows where I work, where I live, what my typical commutes are whom I have called, texted, been called from. It has an accelerometer too to potentially measure dynamic changes like braking events. You can go on and on, Google, Hulu, Netflix, Bing, Instagram, Facebook all track your history. At least GM is stopping the practice. Sounds like that woman is driving recklessly often, should we be subsidizing that with higher overall insurance rates?

As others have clearly stated already, this is a false equivalence, because I am in complete control of my phone as opposed to a tracking device built into the car that cannot be turned off (apart from disassembling the module that contains it and removing the board, hardly an intended or customer friendly manner).

As to the lady in the video, you are jumping to conclusions, especially when we know for certain from other people's shared GM smart driver data that normal, barely more dynamic than grandma driving triggers the "hard acceleration" and "hard braking" events, so it's absolutely not certain she was driving recklessly often. Possible, yes, but we don't know, yet she's suffering the consequences of someone else's sleazy actions, because she did not cause any accidents herself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 302crossram (Post 11417016)
affirmative action hire ain't going nowhere..
that said, I opted out of OS enrollment upon delivery and pulled the fuse.

fuk 'em

DEI is destroying many a company from within, it's an ugly mind virus that seems to linger way longer than its predecessors. With that said, Mary Barra is not a diversity or affirmative action hire, she has been with GM from a very young age and started as an assembly line worker, checking panels and hoods, so let's not be mistaken or disingenuous here.

GreenZLE 04-07-2024 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arpad_m (Post 11417023)

DEI is destroying many a company from within, it's an ugly mind virus that seems to linger way longer than its predecessors. With that said, Mary Barra is not a diversity or affirmative action hire, she has been with GM from a very young age and started as an assembly line worker, checking panels and hoods, so let's not be mistaken or disingenuous here.

She might not be a DEI hire, but she's likely been pushed up the ladder by DEI.

At any rate, unless GM starts making vehicles I want to buy, I'll go elsewhere in the future.

olrocker 04-07-2024 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenZLE (Post 11417027)
At any rate, unless GM starts making vehicles I want to buy, I'll go elsewhere in the future.

The 6th Gen is GM’s last link to their glory days of making affordable cars people really want. The Corvette is easy to make people want.

In the 80s GM was making people want affordable G-bodies from every division. They couldn’t build enough of them. So then in ‘88 they said “let’s make em all look like inverted bathtubs and front drive and make the interiors out of cheap plastic! That’ll be better” lol

After Camaro and Corvette now there’s really nothing people really want from GM.