CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=294)
-   -   Overflow’s 2016 Red Hot 2SS (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=617869)

Overflow 07-14-2023 08:41 AM

Overflow’s 2016 Red Hot 2SS

1 Attachment(s)
I wanted to start this build journal with some backstory on why I got this car.

From 2018-2023, I owned a 2010 2SS/RS. I bought the 2010 after returning from my final deployment to the Middle East as a gift to myself. In the 5 years I owned it, I put 70,000 miles on it and visited 11 states behind the wheel of that car. I also took immaculate care of that car, until life took an unfortunate turn.

While deployed in 2018, I had unknowingly been exposed to multiple toxins from burn pits in the area. 4 years later, the consequence of that event reared its head as an aggressive form of stage 4 Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma in my neck, spine and a tumor crushing my right lung and surrounding my heart. I was 25 years old when diagnosed. I underwent 6 months/596 hours of chemotherapy before I made it to remission.

This was a major wake up call to me. I realized that life could be taken from you in the blink of an eye.

Overflow 07-14-2023 08:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Now that the mushy stuff is over, I decided to treat myself to a “I beat Cancer” gift. This started the search for a 6th gen to replace my 5th.

After 2 or 3 weeks of search dealerships every day, I stumbled upon this 2016 2SS A8 with only 26,000 miles. I learned that if it’s too good to be true, it probably is. I doubted I was lucky enough to stumble upon a low mileage A8 with a good transmission. Through Camaro6, I was able to track down the old owner, he confirmed that the torque converter went out around 10,000 miles, and was replaced by GM under warranty and worked fine since then. It seems I was lucky after all.

It was already lightly modified by said fellow Camaro6 owner. This begins the mod list:

1. MRR M017 wheels painted silver
2. Drilled and slotted rotors
3. Z23 Powerstop brake pads
4. BMR lowering springs
5. Front lip (I believe EOS)
6. RDP ZL1 sideskirts painted black
7. Painted engine cover
8. GM Performance strut tower brace
9. LT Headers (haven’t been able to figure out which brand)
10. X Pipe
11. American Thunder axleback

Overflow 07-14-2023 08:59 AM

3 Attachment(s)
A could weeks after owning it, I took it on the 813 Camaros annual Tampa cruise.

Overflow 07-14-2023 09:17 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Spent my time going to car shows with friends.

Overflow 07-14-2023 09:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally, I started modding the car. It originally had the normal, red taillights, but I really liked the black 1LE lights. So I made the swap.

12. 1LE taillights

Overflow 07-14-2023 09:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Added these carbon fiber A-pillars from TruFiber. I was very impressed with the craftsmanship. Especially because they even remembered to add the holes for the Bluetooth microphone.

13. TruFiber A-pillars

Overflow 07-14-2023 09:39 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Added a ported 95mm TB and LT2 intake manifold from SMG Speed. I hated the naked manifold look, so added the C8 Corvette cover. Then of course had to add the carbon fiber valve covers by TruFiber.

14. Ported 95mm TB
15. LT2 intake manifold
16. C8 Corvette manifold cover
17. TruFiber carbon fiber valve covers

Overflow 07-14-2023 09:40 AM

Of course I had to be tuned by the best.

18. Tuned by Tampa Tuning

Overflow 07-14-2023 09:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Been eyeing this intake for forever, it’s absolutely beautiful.

19. Cold Air Inductions Carbon Series intake

ariZona28 07-20-2023 11:45 AM

First off congratulations on overcoming an extremely serious health challenge. The fact that this was brought on during your service to this great nation makes it even more disheartening. Saying "Thank you for your service" almost seems trivial in this situation but it is all that I can offer. I hope you realize that that there are individuals such as myself who never served but appreciate your sacrifice and enjoy the freedoms you helped to defend.
Secondly, bad ass 6th Gen! Looking at your 5th it must have been a bit of an emotional farewell but DAMN, what a replacement. Seems like you're off to a good start on personalizing it. Keep up the good work and continue to post updates. :thumbup:

Overflow 07-31-2023 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ariZona28 (Post 11338267)
First off congratulations on overcoming an extremely serious health challenge. The fact that this was brought on during your service to this great nation makes it even more disheartening. Saying "Thank you for your service" almost seems trivial in this situation but it is all that I can offer. I hope you realize that that there are individuals such as myself who never served but appreciate your sacrifice and enjoy the freedoms you helped to defend.
Secondly, bad ass 6th Gen! Looking at your 5th it must have been a bit of an emotional farewell but DAMN, what a replacement. Seems like you're off to a good start on personalizing it. Keep up the good work and continue to post updates. :thumbup:

Wow… thank you so much for the kind words. It honestly made my night.

Overflow 08-01-2023 10:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
20. Anderson Composites Carbon Fiber Decklid with Integrated Spoiler

My first major cosmetic mod on this car.

The rumor is true, the third brake light hole on the trunk isn’t made big enough by AC, so sanding is required.

Still very happy with how this looks.

Bumbleboy92 08-01-2023 03:42 PM

Beautiful car, these AC parts are some good looking parts for sure! I had the Copo style hood and drove home with it, made me debate putting the stock hood on after the drive lol

My other won out wanting to keep warranty though and now I’m stock with the hood in storage

Trochoidal 08-01-2023 04:20 PM

Thanks for your service and sharing your story.

Those wheels in silver look great! I also like the carbon fiber theme you’re using because it’s not gaudy. Keep at it and enjoy your gift to yourself.