Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Will 1 7/8 Stainless Power catted long tubes help my mph at the track (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515728)

rontammy0 12-09-2017 07:46 PM

Will 1 7/8 Stainless Power catted long tubes help my mph at the track

Ordered a set of Stainless Power longtubes through my tuner and expect them to come in just after Christmas. He will do the install and retune. Im at 375 rwhp now and 392 ft torque with shorties and hi flow cats. Ive trapped 109 with them. Just wondering if the longtubes help out up top because on the fast list guys running with similiar boltons to me with longtubes seem to be running at least 112 and up. I am not expecting real rwhp changes but auctual track improvements. Thanks in advance. Ps.....this isnt a shorty vs longtube thread.:sm0:

Soybeanrice 12-10-2017 02:43 AM

yes, but watch heat

pyroguy 12-10-2017 07:12 AM

OMG the OP said shortys!!!!!!!@#$@!#$! :lol:

Yes you should see some gains however, that's really nice numbers for shorty headers through an automatic even with high flow cats.

STALKER 12-10-2017 09:02 AM

Yes. You should see an improvement in trap speed with a proper tune.

InFiD3ViL 12-10-2017 10:08 AM

Ron, those are some great numbers for what you have.

I know when I installed my long tubes, the power in the upper rpms really improved. It was noticeable from my first test drive.

frankwjr 12-10-2017 10:21 AM

[QUOTE=pyroguy;10004575]OMG the OP said shortys!!!!!!!@#$@!#$! :lol:

and what pray tell is wrong with shorties? looked over your build thread bro, been to the 1/4? post some time slips...just sayin...peace out!

btw - some of us still live is gestapo states with emissions...my car will pass any smog test incl. visual..doubt I would gain much in the 1/4 and since I DD she will eat anything around here alive without breakin a sweat...seriously any more power and I might as well start stockin rears...

rontammy0 12-10-2017 10:58 AM

Thanks fellas for the info. I thought those numbers were pretty good as well. But imo they didnt traslate to the track. My car was just retuned by my current tuner. I went to track right after and pickup some mph. The trans tune wasnt done becauae of weather. Im looking for a better track time. Maybe low 12s @ 113 mph or so. That what im hoping fkr with the longtubes and my better trans tune.

CamaroDreams76 12-10-2017 12:48 PM

[QUOTE=frankwjr;10004688]
Quote:

Originally Posted by pyroguy (Post 10004575)

and what pray tell is wrong with shorties? looked over your build thread bro, been to the 1/4? post some time slips...just sayin...peace out!

btw - some of us still live is gestapo states with emissions...my car will pass any smog test incl. visual..doubt I would gain much in the 1/4 and since I DD she will eat anything around here alive without breakin a sweat...seriously any more power and I might as well start stockin rears...

I dont think this guy was trying to start anything. No need to get the pants in a wad. I'm sure you have seen the threads where people ask if shorties are worth it and everyone and their mother comes in posting "DONT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY, GET LONGTUBES!" I think it was a shot at those people, not the ones running shorties. :grouphug:

I'm ready to see the changes in power vs the hfc/shorty combo.

pyroguy 12-10-2017 02:08 PM

[QUOTE=frankwjr;10004688]
Quote:

Originally Posted by pyroguy (Post 10004575)

Calm down. The :lol: was for those who freak out every time anyone ever mentions shorty headers. When I start spending money on a person's build only then can I tell them how to build their car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rontammy0 (Post 10004728)
Thanks fellas for the info. I thought those numbers were pretty good as well. But imo they didnt traslate to the track. My car was just retuned by my current tuner. I went to track right after and pickup some mph. The trans tune wasnt done becauae of weather. Im looking for a better track time. Maybe low 12s @ 113 mph or so. That what im hoping fkr with the longtubes and my better trans tune.

Good luck to you. As I'm sure you know, the trans tune is super critical with any automatic. I hope you hit your goal!

frankwjr 12-10-2017 03:04 PM

hahaha...so easy to stir the pot it seems! lol I too want to see the results which is what it's all about any way'zzz,,,right? peace out...

pyroguy 12-10-2017 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankwjr (Post 10004949)
hahaha...so easy to stir the pot it seems! lol I too want to see the results which is what it's all about any way'zzz,,,right? peace out...

:paddle::thumbup::drinking:

rontammy0 12-10-2017 05:46 PM

[QUOTE=CamaroDreams76;10004839]
Quote:

Originally Posted by frankwjr (Post 10004688)

I dont think this guy was trying to start anything. No need to get the pants in a wad. I'm sure you have seen the threads where people ask if shorties are worth it and everyone and their mother comes in posting "DONT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY, GET LONGTUBES!" I think it was a shot at those people, not the ones running shorties. :grouphug:

I'm ready to see the changes in power vs the hfc/shorty combo.

Lol.....ive been taking a beating for years for my shorties......and I have a K@N cai lol.

rontammy0 12-10-2017 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyroguy (Post 10005081)
:paddle::thumbup::drinking:

I know franks a good sport and I was aware of your meaning in your post lol. My new tuner doesnt think my trans was tuned very good ....not really in sync with the stall and 391s. So it will be redone in the spring on warm dry roads. He did say he needs a few hours to dial it in the way he likes. Headers and tune will be done as soon as they arrive....cant wait.:happy0180:

rontammy0 12-10-2017 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankwjr (Post 10004949)

I knew what you were doing.:smiling1: