Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   2014 C7 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Pricing Tipped at $71,860? (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284025)

Tran 03-20-2013 03:24 PM

2014 C7 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Pricing Tipped at $71,860?

2 Attachment(s)
Has the approximate price for the C7 Corvette Stingray Coupe been revealed GM's Win-A-Corvette-Sweepstakes?

The contest, which is officially run by GM, lists an approximate retail value of $82,610 (listed in the contest's official rules PDF) for the winning package. But, the rules specifically lists an Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of $71,860 for the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray.

There's no indication whether the winner's C7 will include the Z51 performance package nor what other options/packages it will be equipped with, but this figure at least gives us a ballpark estimate of the C7 Corvette Stingray coupe's price range.

Attachment 487459

Attachment 487597

bolteon593 03-20-2013 03:59 PM

i'm going to go ahead and call it now; a full optioned stingray sits at that price. time to save up that $72k!

//edit

actually...

reading the pdf regarding contest rules, this part specifically:

"Winner is responsible for title, license, registration, dealer preparation costs, auto insurance
and other fees associated with prize."

ie tax is included as well as destination... unassumingly that they would fail safe the tax at the highest in the nation possible (10% in Birmingham, AL)

http://taxes.about.com/od/statetaxes...and-lowest.htm

that brings the cost down to ~$65,327. take off the usual $795 for destination and you come to possible MSRP of:

$64,532...

thoughts?

FenwickHockey65 03-20-2013 04:24 PM

It's for a fully loaded Z51 model.

DucMan 03-20-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bolteon593 (Post 6311267)
i'm going to go ahead and call it now; a full optioned stingray sits at that price. time to save up that $72k!

I think the 72k makes sense as well.

If you take a stock C6 at 50k plus the '...if you can afford a C6 you will be able to afford the C7...' delta at say 10% puts it at 55k.

4LT on the 2013 is 10k puts it at 65k

Add the Z51 and Magnetic Ride probably does get you close.

Camaro_Corvette 03-20-2013 05:19 PM

Where do I go to enter this:laugh:

price seems about right! Very surprised if that's fully loaded. I actually expected a little more.

Jabs 03-20-2013 08:58 PM

Ya maybe a fully loaded 3LT with the Z51 package will be around that price... If that's starting price I know a lot of people including myself will not be purchasing the C7 :(

volsfan0911 03-20-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabs (Post 6312687)
Ya maybe a fully loaded 3LT with the Z51 package will be around that price... If that's starting price I know a lot of people including myself will not be purchasing the C7 :(

I have read some posts on "the other forum" from folks who were at NAIAS and the statement they reported was "base will be under $60K" and then that was quickly amended to "well under $60K". It's 3rd party hearsay and definitely NOT admissible in a court of law :biggrin:. Plus it was free so might be a case of you get what you pay for. I'm still going for the 10% school of thought, $54K-ish for a 1LT no-option stripper. If you compare to the C6 GS, then a 3LT Z51 could push $65,000 pretty easily, maybe $70K with all the options.

LMAO - come to think of it, a stripper with no options doesn't sound like much fun huh? :pound:

(ducking tomatoes)

Camaro_Corvette 03-21-2013 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by volsfan0911 (Post 6313137)
I have read some posts on "the other forum" from folks who were at NAIAS and the statement they reported was "base will be under $60K" and then that was quickly amended to "well under $60K". It's 3rd party hearsay and definitely NOT admissible in a court of law :biggrin:. Plus it was free so might be a case of you get what you pay for. I'm still going for the 10% school of thought, $54K-ish for a 1LT no-option stripper. If you compare to the C6 GS, then a 3LT Z51 could push $65,000 pretty easily, maybe $70K with all the options.

LMAO - come to think of it, a stripper with no options doesn't sound like much fun huh? :pound:

(ducking tomatoes)

I've read the same thing. Below 60k. I personally think it will be around 54,XXX. Which would make me pretty happy. :D If not....Well, shit....

Stingray 03-21-2013 03:45 AM

Quote:

(ducking tomatoes)

Actually as far as the new C7 goes.... this all new stripper already comes with plenty of standard features that would have been optional prior... so a base model stripper would still be a happy ending. :love: :thumb:

Many want a Kate Upton but won't complain at all if they settled with a Kaley Cuoco... :biggrin:

(tomatoe tomato potatoe potato)

Jabs 03-21-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

(ducking tomatoes)

I'm hoping this is the case :thumbsup:

They did say if you can afford the current vette then you'd be able to afford the new one!

volsfan0911 03-21-2013 11:21 AM

right now, the 'Vette I would price out is a GS, 2LT, NPP, mag shocks and add a transparent roof. MSRP = $60,800 + 6% Maryland state sales tax +$250 registration/title so call it $65K roughly. It's awfully hard to beat that, especially with the ridiculous discounting going on now (the mega dealers will probably do that for $49K right now). Even with a 10% increase, you're looking at one hell of a ride for $66K MSRP. Give it a year for some discounting to take place and I'm there. :happy0180:

WesC5 03-21-2013 12:29 PM

IMHO.... It might seem like a great price for the value (and it is)..... For those of us who are "baby boomers"....most will probably still get the C7--if they had planned on it in the first place.

However, touching 60K for a 2LT C7 is going to do just the opposite of what GM was trying to do.....lure the younger generations. Of course there will always be "x" % that can afford it, but if GM believes they can sell 30k cars at a starting price of 54k and up....I think they have greatly miscalculated. Especially in this economy with the cost of everything rising...

I hope I'm wrong....

volsfan0911 03-21-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WesC5 (Post 6315310)
IMHO.... It might seem like a great price for the value (and it is)..... For those of us who are "baby boomers"....most will probably still get the C7--if they had planned on it in the first place.

However, touching 60K for a 2LT C7 is going to do just the opposite of what GM was trying to do.....lure the younger generations. Of course there will always be "x" % that can afford it, but if GM believes they can sell 30k cars at a starting price of 54k and up....I think they have greatly miscalculated. Especially in this economy with the cost of everything rising...

I hope I'm wrong....

I was born in 1964 so that makes me a late boomer/early Gen X (God, how depressing). Probably a little old for GM's intended new "youth" target. But you're only talking 45,000 units per year max for C7 production. Given the money spent on exotics, Harleys and other toys, I really think that Chevy will achieve their goal of moving the age demographics down somewhat. A $60K 'Vette isn't cheap but these are the days of a $40K Camaro ($60K for a ZL1), $45K pickups and $60K SUV's. I think there are enough gearheads out there that would plop down the $ for the C7. We'll really have to see if Tadge & the boyz & girls from Bowling Green have delivered what they've promised later this summer. I certainly hope so - can't wait to drive it.

FenwickHockey65 03-21-2013 03:38 PM

Younger generations can't afford the current C6 anyways. The point was to appeal to younger buyers and get them interested in Chevrolet and GM again.