Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   C5 Fest Suggestions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268314)

lawdog 12-30-2012 04:37 PM

C5 Fest Suggestions

Okay, so I loved C5 Fest last year and thought the committee did a great job, However, as a former Event coordinator for several different Organizations I thought maybe a suggestion box Thread may be useful, and I will start the first suggestion.

It would be a great idea to place an easel capable of holding a 2x3 posterboard, dry erase board in the Lobby of the Host Hotel and Overflow hotels with the schedule and any announcements for changes in times locations or additions to the schedule.

Oh and someone else suggested a list of places to eat on a thread but I would go one further then that, maybe we can get a club discount for advertiseing the restaurant to our participants if we talk to the GM's of the Restaurants ?

Smkymts 01-01-2013 04:51 AM

Suggestion: Can the event be longer? It is nearly impossible to participate in both Autocross and Drag Racing. As a participate that attempted to do it last year as told I could, it would be much more enjoyable to have separate days dedicated to each event so everyone could do both events. I was forced by organizers to drag then cut line in the autocross in order to keep my same position. It caused headaches for all, not to mention I had to run without cool off time. Both are great events and both are great fun, but both could/should be stand alone events! That's my suggestion. Anyone else agree/disagree?

mlee 01-01-2013 05:12 AM

Great suggestion lawdog and we have been discussing this very subject of announcements and schedule. I really like your dry erase board idea.

As for restaurants maybe we could get some volunteers or committee to tackle this one. Another great idea

Smkymts - I agree as I myself didn't get to participate in AutoX w/ my brand new ZL1... ughhhh. Due to virtually thousands of $$ the fest won't be extended a day, but we are going to address your suggestion this year. In fact this is our main focus as we plan the competitions around each other. We definitely don't want to shut one down so we can run the other, but competitons should not be run at the same time. You yourself can choose AC on day one and drags on day two or vice versa. When we call up classes for drag competition they run through pretty fast and it's back to test and tune. But we will try to open things up more, especially on Friday. More to come when those threads start up.

RubyCamaro 01-01-2013 11:23 AM

#1 - More hydration stations available for race event participants. Since you have to have your car empty and can't really be walking back & forth between vendors & race venues, staying hydrated in the heat becomes a challenge. Personally I can't drink Dasani water (due to the potassium additives) and that was all you could buy.

#2 When you decide on rules, make sure you plan to enforce the ones you adopt. I was a bit miffed to see guys racing at autocross in their shorts & I was sweltering in pants. Now I realize there is a difference between me in my bootie shorts and guys in their long shorts but still.

#3 And yeah, better coordination for folks who want to participate in multiple drag classes & also some Camarocross.

Toasty 01-02-2013 12:20 AM

also, if there is going to be open test and tune time, for those not competing, that should be posted. (not that there is time, but if there is, etc)

mlee 01-02-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toasty (Post 5981004)
also, if there is going to be open test and tune time, for those not competing, that should be posted. (not that there is time, but if there is, etc)

It's all test n tune if you want. The only time it was anything other is the head to head brackets at the end but those go very fast. Even if you are called up by your class it can still be test and tune for you. You don't have to compete. All day Friday will be test and tune this year.

mlee 01-02-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 5978667)
#1 - More hydration stations available for race event participants. Since you have to have your car empty and can't really be walking back & forth between vendors & race venues, staying hydrated in the heat becomes a challenge. Personally I can't drink Dasani water (due to the potassium additives) and that was all you could buy.

#2 When you decide on rules, make sure you plan to enforce the ones you adopt. I was a bit miffed to see guys racing at autocross in their shorts & I was sweltering in pants. Now I realize there is a difference between me in my bootie shorts and guys in their long shorts but still.

#3 And yeah, better coordination for folks who want to participate in multiple drag classes & also some Camarocross.

1) Good point on the water.

2) As far as I know the rules for pants were drag racing rules and I did see you drag racing as well as AC. This rule for drags will not change.

3) Working on it.

skipinminn 01-02-2013 05:09 PM

LETTING SKIPINMINN be the first to KNOW the host Hotel :) LOL

dianeokie 01-03-2013 09:47 PM

Have some better signage at the venue and hotel to let the participants know where the specific events are being held and maybe some maps at the site. Continue the excellent vendors. Start auto events earlier in the day for cooler temperatures and more time between morning and afternoon events. Have volunteer coordinators for some of the events. Notify attendees as to which moderator is coordinating which part of the event.

edog 01-05-2013 01:39 PM

I would like to see night time drag racing. Cooler temps, better times...Better comfort when geared up.

RubyCamaro 01-05-2013 01:51 PM

That right there is a thought when you are talking about August. A local map with resturants, stores & places of interest would be helpful. And make sure the hotel fully staffs it's resturants, bars, etc, as apparently this is a crew with a lot of folks that just want to stay close by.

its a syn 01-05-2013 02:00 PM

An event map/schedule. Last year we didn't know about the packets till day 2. Made day 1 at the track kinda confusing as where to park and all.

its a syn 01-05-2013 02:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Try the Beaver Bar, right around the corner from The Hard Rock downtown.

Ryanbabz71 01-05-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by its a syn (Post 5995129)
An event map/schedule. Last year we didn't know about the packets till day 2. Made day 1 at the track kinda confusing as where to park and all.

Being local and not staying at the host hotel I had no idea packets were even given out

Ryan