Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Do you think Chevy will release something like this? (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598466)

raptor5244 10-16-2021 08:55 PM

Do you think Chevy will release something like this?

Dodge EV Muscle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZNX..._channel=Dodge

BlaqWhole 10-16-2021 08:58 PM

They would if they were smart.

Aquarius 10-16-2021 11:37 PM

what is dodge releasing? All I see if smoke, a glowing emblem, and some dark shadows that show almost nothing.

It's hype people...nothing to see here...

FlowTie 10-17-2021 01:59 AM

I think it is likely, however I cannot say I care. If regulations were not changing neither would any of these manufacturers. Honestly "performance" EV is already played out in my mind, and the landscape of car ownership is slowly changing in other ways that make me not care about owning more than the most logical and affordable A to B vehicle if/when it comes to that.

So a big fat "meh" from me. If Chevy is planning a hot EV I hope they make it take a turn like a beast because their world class engine building pedigree isn't going to matter.

HDRDTD 10-17-2021 02:22 AM

GM has already stated that there will be some sort of EV 'Performance' sedan coming.
We just don't know yet what it'll actually be,

Ford has the Mustang E, so it'd make sense that others would also end up producing some sort of 'performance' car to compete with the Mustang E .

Number 3 10-17-2021 05:09 AM

Well the GMC Hummer EV is already capable of 0 - 60 in 3 seconds so pretty sure somethings coming. Just have to wait and see what "it" is.

Also not really sure smoking all 4 wheels is possible unless you put 235s on it like Dodge does, LOL.

raptor5244 10-17-2021 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 11085274)
Well the GMC Hummer EV is already capable of 0 - 60 in 3 seconds so pretty sure somethings coming. Just have to wait and see what "it" is.

Also not really sure smoking all 4 wheels is possible unless you put 235s on it like Dodge does, LOL.

Lol, it will interesting how each manufacturer tries to differentiate now since 0-60mph times in EVs will be pretty much all the same. EV pickups, sedans, SUVs will all be able to achieve 3 sec 0-60 mph. I guess it will come down weight, handling, styling, interior, tech features, range and overall packaging.

raptor5244 10-17-2021 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarius (Post 11085245)
what is dodge releasing? All I see if smoke, a glowing emblem, and some dark shadows that show almost nothing.

This was the larger announcement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQr-..._channel=Dodge

gpskinzhut 10-17-2021 07:16 AM

“Ingenuity”. While touting a 15+ yr old design and slapping the same engine into everything and gluing the suffix “cat” to it… nahh

s2mikey 10-17-2021 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarius (Post 11085245)

I was gonna say.... did we miss something?

Guess I just cannot get into the performance EV thing. EVs are for running 'round town and going to work. They are "Point A to Point B" devices.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpskinzhut (Post 11085290)
“Ingenuity”. While touting a 15+ yr old design and slapping the same engine into everything and gluing the suffix “cat” to it… nahh

Correct - but thats what Mopar does. Lucky for them they have a buyer pool that likes such things. Cool. Have they made a car that can go around a corner yet without rolling over? :D

Martinjlm 10-17-2021 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raptor5244 (Post 11085223)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDRDTD (Post 11085267)
GM has already stated that there will be some sort of EV 'Performance' sedan coming.
We just don't know yet what it'll actually be,

Ford has the Mustang E, so it'd make sense that others would also end up producing some sort of 'performance' car to compete with the Mustang E .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 11085274)

Seems like the question was asked and answered. Yes. Whether each individual on Camaro6 will like it or not is unknown and unknowable until something hits the ground. But, based on GM’s track record (a 3s 9,000 lb vehicle with the aerodynamics of a brick) I’d say that something wicked this way comes.

Martinjlm 10-17-2021 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raptor5244 (Post 11085283)
Lol, it will interesting how each manufacturer tries to differentiate now since 0-60mph times in EVs will be pretty much all the same. EV pickups, sedans, SUVs will all be able to achieve 3 sec 0-60 mph. I guess it will come down weight, handling, styling, interior, tech features, range and overall packaging.

Exactly. I have no problem with automakers fighting it out over styling and handling and tech content. Could be cool times for consumers. Once you get over that whole “no exhaust sound” thing.

chevybill 10-17-2021 08:44 AM

The electrical emblem is a throw back to a dodge emblem from the 1960s.
My brother had a 1964 Polara with an emblem very similar to the video.
Dodge is emphasizing performance, as integral to their brand.

Some of us are old enough to remember when Chevrolet emphasized performance, in a time long, long ago.

Cmax 10-17-2021 08:58 AM

[QUOTE=Number 3;11085274]Well the GMC Hummer EV is already capable of 0 - 60 in 3 seconds so pretty sure somethings coming. Just have to wait and see what "it" is.

That……. I just want to have a high end sound simulation of the 455 SD Pontiac fitted with headers and glass packs…have it mimic the throttle . So loud you can’t even hear the tires melting. Half the appeal of Muscle Cars IMHO is the sound of them.