CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Costco pricing versus supplier price? Becky? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=448928)

Jamaison 04-17-2016 03:11 PM

Costco pricing versus supplier price? Becky?

My dealer tells me that I can get supplier pricing because of my employer. I also have a Costco membership and used it to get a nice discount on a Toyota Highlander we bought a few years ago. Yesterday on the phone (anticipating my Camaro will arrive for pickup this week), I asked him which would be better: supplier pricing or the Costco member price? He kind of laughed at me and said the supplier pricing would be "much better" than Costco, but also kind of acted like he wasn't going to look into it beyond that. He's probably right, but I thought I'd also ask the pros here: is supplier pricing indeed better than Costco member price? Becky -- if you see this, what's your opinion?

AndOne707 04-17-2016 03:56 PM

You can get a Costco member discount at the dealer ?
That's a first. How much did u manage to save on the Toyota ?

Modshack 04-17-2016 04:06 PM

I heard they were about the same...Plus he may not be an authorized Costco dealer. I'd go with supplier and pick up the car with no hassle..

Jamaison 04-17-2016 05:16 PM

The dealer is an authorized Costco dealer, I already checked. AndOne707, you go to Costco's website, enter your membership number, select the car and options, and I believe it gives you a price and notifies the closest authorized dealer near you. The dealer will call you but there's no obligation. When I bought my Highlander, it was a brand-new model with no manufacturer incentives but I saved about $3000 on the deal.

mjw930 04-17-2016 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamaison (Post 9037932)
The dealer is an authorized Costco dealer, I already checked. AndOne707, you go to Costco's website, enter your membership number, select the car and options, and I believe it gives you a price and notifies the closest authorized dealer near you. The dealer will call you but there's no obligation. When I bought my Highlander, it was a brand-new model with no manufacturer incentives but I saved about $3000 on the deal.

There's a shit ton more margin in a Highlander than a Camaro. The Camaro margins are barely 7%. SUV and Truck margins run closer to 14%.

RallyHT 04-19-2016 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjw930 (Post 9038426)
There's a shit ton more margin in a Highlander than a Camaro. The Camaro margins are barely 7%. SUV and Truck margins run closer to 14%.

The margins on Camaros are much thinner. COSTCO can get you something, but how much depends on when you take delivery so you don't know if they and GM settle on incentives until the month of your delivery.

They only give you one authorization number and one dealer, but if for some reason it does not work out, let's say the dealer is nit honest about their allocation, you can request to cancel that authorization and have them move you to another authorized dealer. It is not easy for the because they only accept dealers with very high customer satisfaction scores so they will try to work out your issue with the dealer first.

COSTCO has nothing to do with your deposit so make sure 1) it is fully refundable 2) you pay with a credit card so you have the credit card company on your side if things go South and 3) you escalate to the dealers GM if you find the sales rep or sales management are not being truthful. Demand to know their allocation. If they don't have allocation, call them every Tuesday morning and ask if they got allocation and are going to match you to it. Then trade out dealers when you have had enough lies.

Jamaison 04-19-2016 06:51 AM

I ran my Camaro order through the Costco site yesterday to compare prices: Costco price was equal to dealer invoice. What I don't know is how this compares to "supplier discount."

Jamaison 04-19-2016 06:59 AM

Okay, just found gmsupplierdiscount.com, and the build price there is the same as Costco: invoice price.

HyperBlueX2 04-19-2016 07:30 AM

Dealers are not obligated to costco pricing. Supplier price with an authorization number they are. Can you get an Auth #?

Jamaison 04-19-2016 08:57 AM

Not sure about supplier auth #, but I have the auth # from Costco, and my dealer is already the matched Costco dealer. So I guess I'm covered.

HyperBlueX2 04-19-2016 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamaison (Post 9041415)
Not sure about supplier auth #, but I have the auth # from Costco, and my dealer is already the matched Costco dealer. So I guess I'm covered.

Sounds good!

bpang1234 04-19-2016 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamaison (Post 9037932)

If you buy the car, Costco also gives you a special coupon for 50% off accessories up to $200 in total savings. I used mine on my front splitter.

Racer2000 04-19-2016 06:47 PM

Im going with Costco pricing and getting 2500 below invoice

enzia35 04-19-2016 07:33 PM

I seriously doubt you're getting that much under INVOICE pricing.