CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=254)
-   -   As someone who lives in Europe, what's the best way to get a tune? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=555386)

SliChillax 05-30-2019 06:22 AM

As someone who lives in Europe, what's the best way to get a tune?

I'm not familiar with tuning for this platform. I had a BMW M235i previously and I simply flashed a remap in 10 minutes by connecting my laptop to the obd port and the tuner did the rest remotely. How does it work for Camaros? I don't have any local tuners, or any tuners countries nearby. I plan on doin headers, pulley, intake, throttle body to my ZL1 and tune of course, I just don't know where to go from here.

thebanks06 05-30-2019 10:31 AM

The same would pretty much be the same with this platform. You should purchase hptuners and hit any rep tuner up to remote tune it for you. Rickifast does mines, but there are plenty of good tuners throughout the forum.

JANNETTYRACING 06-06-2019 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SliChillax (Post 10531262)
I'm not familiar with tuning for this platform. I had a BMW M235i previously and I simply flashed a remap in 10 minutes by connecting my laptop to the obd port and the tuner did the rest remotely. How does it work for Camaros? I don't have any local tuners, or any tuners countries nearby. I plan on doin headers, pulley, intake, throttle body to my ZL1 and tune of course, I just don't know where to go from here.

I can help you with all the parts and tuning for your ZL-1 contact me tedj@jannettyracing.com

Ted.

JCunningham 06-10-2019 09:23 PM

yep get a HP Tuners MPVI2 from a remote tuner and a AEM 30-0334 gauge. being supercharged you need a wideband o2 tune.

MakCamaro 06-14-2019 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING (Post 10537425)
I can help you with all the parts and tuning for your ZL-1 contact me tedj@jannettyracing.com

Ted.

Same here. I bought my European 2018 SS A8 in the UK a couple of weeks ago. I don’t plan any mods for the time being, I am just considering a tune. What would be the benefits of doing just that in terms of hp and Tq? Is it worth it? Would a tune void warranty?

As a previous Mustang EcoBoost owner, I had a device (Accessport) which I used to datalog, export datalogs to my computer and emailed them to my tuner. Then he would send the updated tune back to me, I would transfer it to the Accesspot, which I would use to flash the tune to the car. This would happen 4-5 times until the final tune was flashed.

Is it a similar process with the HP tuners device? I am really interested, but first I need to know what the real benefits would be.

JCunningham 06-14-2019 05:16 AM

it will void the drive train warranty. works the same but with being forced inducted you need to use a wide band o2.

MakCamaro 06-14-2019 05:25 AM

It’s not forced induced. It’s naturally aspirated. Mine is the SS, not the ZL1.

JCunningham 06-14-2019 05:29 AM

o ya i was thinking you were the original poster with the ZL1 but you still should use a wideband o2 no matter what.

JANNETTYRACING 06-14-2019 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakCamaro (Post 10544252)
Same here. I bought my European 2018 SS A8 in the UK a couple of weeks ago. I don’t plan any mods for the time being, I am just considering a tune. What would be the benefits of doing just that in terms of hp and Tq? Is it worth it? Would a tune void warranty?

As a previous Mustang EcoBoost owner, I had a device (Accessport) which I used to datalog, export datalogs to my computer and emailed them to my tuner. Then he would send the updated tune back to me, I would transfer it to the Accesspot, which I would use to flash the tune to the car. This would happen 4-5 times until the final tune was flashed.

Is it a similar process with the HP tuners device? I am really interested, but first I need to know what the real benefits would be.

I answered you under JRE tune.

Ted.

MakCamaro 06-14-2019 08:28 AM

Thanks Ted, I ‘ve read your answer. :thumbsup: