Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   reason number 1001 not to go to dealer for basic maintenance. C8 joy ride (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=593566)

CamaroSSStlfan 06-11-2021 06:50 PM

reason number 1001 not to go to dealer for basic maintenance. C8 joy ride

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/06...orvette-video/

if I recall he's the guy who keeps having issues with his C8. Feel bad for him. Any way he could eventually lemon law the car?

This time around her went to his dealer for annual maintenance and discovered they took the car up over 100mph! Probably a low level lacky.

Another reason never to use Stealerships for service work unless you have no choice.

At least they didn't put the Vette on the lift wrong and total it like some service depts have done.

Chrome383Z 06-11-2021 07:06 PM

I didn’t watch the video and there are asshole mechanics out there... but I worked for a guy back in college and after we fixed a car he’d tell me to take it out and make sure I get on it. Said problems don’t show up babying it... now that didn’t mean going to the track, cruise, or drag racing. But if all he did was get on it and hit 104mph I wouldn’t worry about it. That’s a few seconds of winding it out...

Hell I hit over 100 mph test driving my mine... :shrug:

Now with that said, if all that was done was an oil change that’s almost a bit much.

Sir Nuke 06-11-2021 07:31 PM

to be honest.....ANYONE whether its a Vette or a Camaro, or ANY nice car the has a "VALET MODE" AVAILABLE......use it!!! had that owner done that very simble thing, AND had the PDR set to record when he dropped it so that anytime the car is started it records....this would not have been an issue. LIVE AND LEARN!

mlee 06-11-2021 07:45 PM

That guy could not have made a more boring video.

Monroe 06-11-2021 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan (Post 11024272)
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/06...orvette-video/

if I recall he's the guy who keeps having issues with his C8. Feel bad for him. Any way he could eventually lemon law the car?

This time around her went to his dealer for annual maintenance and discovered they took the car up over 100mph! Probably a low level lacky.

Another reason never to use Stealerships for service work unless you have no choice.

At least they didn't put the Vette on the lift wrong and total it like some service depts have done.

You call that a joy ride. More like a cruise down the highway. Not once did this guy slam that Vette. The guy actually respected the man's car not sure why he's binching.

Jerry300zx 06-12-2021 06:29 AM

I don't think this is a big deal. Cars under warrantee and is designed to do what he did.

When I finally decided to sell my Nissan 300zx twin turbo. The car was 23 years old. I figured it was time to get rid it. It needed to be refurbished.

This guy comes to test drive it. So we go out for a ride and he decides to dump the clutch at 4k and do a burn out while hitting the Rev limiter multiple times. I got so pissed and told him to go back to my house. He didn't even make an offer and left. To me this was messed up to do that to a old car before buying it.

Bartbart 06-12-2021 06:45 AM

OEM mechanics are forbidden to work on my Camaro

Bartbart 06-12-2021 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry300zx (Post 11024414)
I don't think this is a big deal. Cars under warrantee and is designed to do what he did.

When I finally decided to sell my Nissan 300zx twin turbo. The car was 23 years old. I figured it was time to get rid it. It needed to be refurbished.

This guy comes to test drive it. So we go out for a ride and he decides to dump the clutch at 4k and do a burn out while hitting the Rev limiter multiple times. I got so pissed and told him to go back to my house. He didn't even make an offer and left. To me this was messed up to do that to a old car before buying it.

I wouldve slapped him

Camaro_QC 06-12-2021 09:34 AM

Well, that is not a joy ride... That's just a little pull (illegal for sure). This guy is just trying to be sensational...

Realist 06-12-2021 10:18 AM

Each time I dropped my ZL1 off for service, I would snap a pic of mileage, enable Valet mode on PDR and explain how I didn’t want the vehicle taken off the dealership premises. Boring video or not, I don’t agree with the 16mile drive, the speed or another dealer employee who may have grease on them or their shoes sitting in the passenger seat. If the car was in for a driving issue at high speed, I could understand but that would be about the only reason. In my eyes, a dealership should be explaining to perspective employees that laws should not be broken in customer cars and a document signed by the employee that they are aware that termination is possible.