CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   buying a ZL1 soon, need help (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=550748)

jake2212 03-26-2019 08:51 AM

buying a ZL1 soon, need help

I am starting to look and do my research on gen 6 ZL1's and hopefully by the end of the year I'll be ready to buy one. I'm wondering what sort of features people that actually own one find useful and "must-haves" and what sort of stuff to look out for when I do finally check out some ZL1's. All input is appreciated and thanks for your time

unavailablezl1 03-26-2019 09:04 AM

I have a sunroof, you can have it, it just takes up head room and makes the car top heavy. PDR is very nice but not high def or anything. I like the exposed carbon hood insert. Don't care for the black gas cover.

Jmueller 03-26-2019 09:05 AM

A10 - I like this feature.

jake2212 03-26-2019 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unavailablezl1 (Post 10471551)
I have a sunroof, you can have it, it just takes up head room and makes the car top heavy. PDR is very nice but not high def or anything. I like the exposed carbon hood insert. Don't care for the black gas cover.

yeah my only worry with a sunroof and the less headroom is fitting my helmet in there

LT4Greg 03-26-2019 09:17 AM

Just get the options you want Jake! It’s a matter of personal preference you know. I personally like my ZL1 because of its lack of many options, no sunroof and 6 speed transmission. A ZL1 comes standard with a lot of features that the other Camaros don’t have. Probably the reason they cost a lot more too. I do like the exposed weave carbon fiber hood insert and in my opinion it should be a standard feature on the Zs. I really don’t see any issues with the ZL1s now including the standard features and options. Good luck!

KLR ZL1 03-26-2019 09:51 AM

Probably the only think I would have past on was the Nav. Since you can plug your phone in and it pops up on the head unit.

JonDaddy82 03-26-2019 09:53 AM

I actually wanted as close to zero options as possible since it really comes with everything you need standard. Didn't want the sunroof since I'm tall and it ruins the roofline, didn't want to pay for a PDR I'll likely never use, and surely didn't want to pay for carbon I don't care about or a transmission I can't row myself. Strangely the only option I wanted was navigation...I use it all the time in my Chevy truck.

nicktechla 03-26-2019 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unavailablezl1 (Post 10471551)

I like the roofline better without the sunroof too

mlee 03-26-2019 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jake2212 (Post 10471559)
yeah my only worry with a sunroof and the less headroom is fitting my helmet in there

...and it ruins the lines on this car. Definitely not something you want on a track based car either.

PDR is a must and A10 too as long as you're confident in your manlihood.

LT4Greg 03-26-2019 10:18 AM

I bought mine used 3 weeks ago with 422 miles on it. I put 1000 more miles as of now. But I checked what few options were on the car and decided it was worth buying. Will I use PDR probably not. And it being a 2017 with that low miles and a good price I decided to jump on it and had equity in my 2016 2SS that I used for a trade in on the Z.

DevilsReject97 03-26-2019 10:58 AM

If you are going to track the car more than once in a blue moon:

PDR, A10 trans

If you are more concerned with just driving it and having some hoonage fun:

Sunroof, M6 trans, PDR

Why the PDR? Because it is a really useful tool that allows you to record the data in front of you, when you are driving, for whatever purpose.

I truly don't see the need for a NAV in this day and age given that virtually everyone in a car has a cellphone anymore...

JonDaddy82 03-26-2019 11:03 AM

You’d be surprised. Sometimes I want my phone in my pocket without a cord hanging out. Sometimes I need to navigate somewhere and also do something on my phone, and the Nav makes that easy.

Gunkk 03-26-2019 11:11 AM

There is really only one option that matters:

Convertible:thumb:

arpad_m 03-26-2019 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonDaddy82 (Post 10471683)
You’d be surprised. Sometimes I want my phone in my pocket without a cord hanging out. Sometimes I need to navigate somewhere and also do something on my phone, and the Nav makes that easy.

This, plus the factory nav is nicely integrated into the dash and the HUD. Granted, it costs money to get and to update, but some do prefer its convenience to messing around with cell phones. The cord nuisance could at least be solved if AA worked via a wireless connection, but the other point would still remain. I for one don't regret choosing this option at all.