Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Build Consulting and Remote Tuning (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=584952)

jethrobandit 11-24-2020 04:42 PM

Build Consulting and Remote Tuning

Does anyone know of a builder/tuner that does consulting? For instance, helps you create a full build sheet based on your goals and setup? Then someone who can do remote tuning? I'm reaching the end of my experience, research, and knowledge to know how this piece affects this, change this to go with that, etc. But, I still want to do most of the build myself. The big pieces are typically easy to figure out, its all the supporting elements that take experience to know.

For example: 2013 LS3 to hit 800+ to get into 10s
What supercharger can I pair with a BTR Stage 3 NA cam? Then what fuel pump? Then do I need to switch to E85? Do I need to... on and on and on. I can research my way through most of it, but having someone experienced guide through best combos takes a lot of the guess work out of it.

I'm willing to pay for a good consultation, but so far, almost a dozen builders/garages locally and in the US have said "No, we don't want your money." I've asked my local Camaro club... crickets. Just don't know where else to turn to get some guidance. Not being cheap, I just want to build what I drive.

Tajefe Couple 11-24-2020 06:22 PM

Might try the people at GPI https://gwatneyperformance.com/, very knowledgeable and always willing to help. Andrew is a consultant and member on here could always shoot him a pm @ acammer. GL with your build and maybe think about starting a build thread on here, always cool to see what others do.

TheFlyingBananaSS 11-24-2020 07:52 PM

Definitely hit up Andrew at gpi. Dude is a encyclopedia of knowledge.

I can tell you this though. I have gpi SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger on 9psi boost, stock ZL1 fuel pump on 93, FIC 1000 injectors, and a 32-3400 triple disc stall. On a conservative tune I ran 11.40. I'm only 4 tenths from 10's. Which means a skilled driver may be able to cut down to 11.20 or 11.30 and a couple small changes and I'll be able to run it to the 10's which is the build goal. Be prepared, it gets costly real fast.

Oh one more thing, that's on 20 inch wheels too.
I didn't know much about the L99 engine when I started. But I have rebuilt engines in the past. I used the guys here and the information they gave, the vendors, and countless hours of research on every part. You don't need a consultant. You can do it yourself with patience and footwork. Question everything so you learn why it's the best choice for so and so. Read the reviews, look at the fast list and see what other guys are running. In the end, keeping the VVT turned to be the right way to go for the type of build I was putting together.

1JEWLDSSRS 11-25-2020 08:52 AM

As mentioned above,, GPI for sure!! These guys really know what they are doing, especially when it comes to the L99 engines and the VVT. Just take into account they are very popular and are always very busy!! If I would have had the time and money, I would have shipped my Camaro to them for my build. Good luck and have fun!! Oh, and yes, it will get expensive, especially for a VVT build.

CAMARO_HEAVEN 11-25-2020 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jethrobandit (Post 10908111)
Does anyone know of a builder/tuner that does consulting? For instance, helps you create a full build sheet based on your goals and setup? Then someone who can do remote tuning? I'm reaching the end of my experience, research, and knowledge to know how this piece affects this, change this to go with that, etc. But, I still want to do most of the build myself. The big pieces are typically easy to figure out, its all the supporting elements that take experience to know.

For example: 2013 LS3 to hit 800+ to get into 10s
What supercharger can I pair with a BTR Stage 3 NA cam? Then what fuel pump? Then do I need to switch to E85? Do I need to... on and on and on. I can research my way through most of it, but having someone experienced guide through best combos takes a lot of the guess work out of it.

I'm willing to pay for a good consultation, but so far, almost a dozen builders/garages locally and in the US have said "No, we don't want your money." I've asked my local Camaro club... crickets. Just don't know where else to turn to get some guidance. Not being cheap, I just want to build what I drive.

Sent you a PM

John

jethrobandit 11-25-2020 01:16 PM

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I'll check in with GPI and John, I'll definitely talk to Brent since he's in TN.

I'm already well into the $$ doing the foundational suspension and driveline upgrades, so I know what lies ahead. Better spent there than on a new car payment is my thought! I've done a TON of research and have come a long way over the 7 years I've had this. I've just hit a lot of roadblocks and not much info as I get more in depth. Like, finding info on supporting pieces. Say, finally picking a supercharger to go with this cam, getting info on which fuel pump... then which size injectors... fuel rails... etc. is just where information doesn't exist online for this particular application and is just in people's heads.

InFiD3ViL 11-25-2020 01:43 PM

Another vote for GPI. Not only because I'm a customer, but because I know they will spend the time to talk you through your build from beginning to end.

Andrew Cammer is a GPI sales rep and also an active member here. Very cool guy that REALLY knows his stuff.

His Camaro5 member ID is : acammer

1JEWLDSSRS 11-25-2020 03:10 PM

Yea, I can vouch for Cammer, he helped me with some mods I did to mine, and they were spot on!! Thanks cammer..

joshnmn 11-25-2020 03:24 PM

just throwing options out- head east to NC :)

RPMMotorsportsnc,com ask for Jeff or Ryan. Jeff built the Cowmaro and is both friendly and knowledgeable. Ryan (the R in "RPM") knows everything about Camaros.