CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=257)
-   -   A8 problems (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=578167)

Ikankerr 07-05-2020 04:48 PM

A8 problems

I just purchased a 2016 2ss yesterday and today the cel came on and the transmission started not wanting to shift and the D was flashing on the cluster. The codes are

P0700 just a generic tranny code
P0658 this says Actuator Supply Voltage – Circuit Low

I know they are both to do with the transmission. If I clear the codes it drives normal until I park it, but then they come back. Do I need to reflash the pcm and tcm or does the harness need replacing. I searched on here but I couldn’t find any clear answers.those where the only two possible solutions I could find.

I told my wife I could teacher her to drive a 6spd, but she had to have an a8. :bonk:

arpad_m 07-05-2020 08:27 PM

Unwind the deal if this wasn't disclosed prior to sale, or take the car to a competent dealer or a mechanic who knows the A8 well and get the trans fixed up properly. Helpful as most people in this forum are, I don't think anyone can responsibly diagnose and solve your problem over the internet based on just a generic and a specific code. You can roll the dice, but these tranny issues are best left to experts.

Mark114 07-05-2020 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arpad_m (Post 10823377)
Unwind the deal if this wasn't disclosed prior to sale, or take the car to a competent dealer or a mechanic who knows the A8 well and get the trans fixed up properly. Helpful as most people in this forum are, I don't think anyone can responsibly diagnose and solve your problem over the internet based on just a generic and a specific code. You can roll the dice, but these tranny issues are best left to experts.

Agreed. Hopefully you have a few days to return and walk away. Take it back and get the dealer to fix it or walk away from the deal.

Ikankerr 07-05-2020 09:45 PM

Thanks guys, I’m going to try and take it to a dealer tomorrow. Hopefully, they can fix it. If not I’ll be going back to the dealership that sold it to me.

arpad_m 07-06-2020 10:00 AM

Good luck, mate :happy0180:
...and before I forget (where were my manners), :welcome: to the forums, hope this will get fixed up and you'll soon be able to :happyanim:the beast.

Ikankerr 07-06-2020 02:32 PM

Woke up this morning turned the car on and it was gone. Drove it over two hours and it was fine. Dealership said it might have been a glitch.

DougCBJ 07-06-2020 10:58 PM

of course they did.

Ikankerr 07-07-2020 09:52 AM

Wife drove it across town 40miles to work and didn’t have any problems. Fingers crossed it was just a glitch.

arpad_m 07-08-2020 11:12 AM

Apart from a bad electrical connection, it could be a weak battery, too. If the car still has the original battery, you may want to replace it anyway.