Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ask the Camaro Team (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=309)
-   -   Swapping Recaros with 2ss seats? (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=550557)

JKH18SS 03-23-2019 10:52 AM

Swapping Recaros with 2ss seats?

Hi Al,
I drove 650 miles in early March to get my new Garnet red 2018 1ss 8spd Camaro. Great dealership and traded in my 18 1ss Red hot car. The new car has the Recaro seat option and I'm a bit larger than average. The seat back bolsters hit me right in the kidneys. I bought a set of leather 2ss seats from a wrecking yard last weekend. Had to replace 1 blown airbag and drivers upper seat cover. My car does not have the seat memory function onboard with these seats. When I installed them they don't work? Can I take the harness out of the Recaros and install them in the 2ss seats to correct? Oddly the Recaros have heating and cooling blowers just like the 2ss. I've got a ton of time and money tied up in these seats and I'm hoping I can salvage the effort.

Love the car, just gets painful after a couple hours of driving. My nephew is in prison and its a 6 hour round trip to go see him. BTW - I'm keeping the Recaro seats and putting them away in case I ever trade the car in. Great seat if I was 5'7 and weighed 140 pounds. They were already on the car along with Mag ride and a sunroof.

Thank you for your help,
JKH18SS

JKH18SS 03-27-2019 11:41 AM

Update: I had to disassemble the Recaro seats to get the wiring harness. I installed the harness in the 2ss leather seats (both had seat heaters and cooling blowers). disassembled the 2ss seats to install the Recaro harness and now I have done away with the seat memory (not on my 1SS w Recaros) and seats are working properly. For any of you that want to install Recaros in your cars, you will need all (6) of the harnesses, memory CPU as well as Door switch and factory body connections. If I ever sell or trade the car in I'll reinstall the harnesses in the Recaros and have brand new F&R seats in the car. Thanks Al, I'll save my ask for next time.

kropscamaro16 03-27-2019 11:45 AM

booo i was gonna say ill buy em how much!!

DevilsReject97 03-27-2019 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKH18SS (Post 10472763)
Update: I had to disassemble the Recaro seats to get the wiring harness. I installed the harness in the 2ss leather seats (both had seat heaters and cooling blowers). disassembled the 2ss seats to install the Recaro harness and now I have done away with the seat memory (not on my 1SS w Recaros) and seats are working properly. For any of you that want to install Recaros in your cars, you will need all (6) of the harnesses, memory CPU as well as Door switch and factory body connections. If I ever sell or trade the car in I'll reinstall the harnesses in the Recaros and have brand new F&R seats in the car. Thanks Al, I'll save my ask for next time.

You do realize Al got moved out of the Camaro team like several months ago? It's possible he's not even available to respond to these now.

Richkidd87 04-11-2020 07:58 PM

How do u remove the harness?

Aboynamedsue 04-16-2020 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKH18SS (Post 10472763)

Did you take any pics or videos of the disassembly? I have some Recaros that I would love to install on my 1SS that are sitting in my basement. I tried to remove the harness but chickened out when it got difficult. I was afraid that I would mess up one or both seats and possibly not have a driver seat at all.

Level300 05-05-2020 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aboynamedsue (Post 10768445)
Did you take any pics or videos of the disassembly? I have some Recaros that I would love to install on my 1SS that are sitting in my basement. I tried to remove the harness but chickened out when it got difficult. I was afraid that I would mess up one or both seats and possibly not have a driver seat at all.

What do you need help with? I have my drivers seat down to the frame.

Aboynamedsue 05-06-2020 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Level300 (Post 10782805)
What do you need help with? I have my drivers seat down to the frame.

I actually finished the install (with a lot of help) a couple days ago. Thanks for checking in, though!