CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=254)
-   -   MHD tuning and Reflex tuning (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=623735)

WiggyB 03-03-2024 03:36 PM

MHD tuning and Reflex tuning

Came across this video where the guys speaks to how MHD now allows BMW and Toyota drivers to tune their port injection using the reflex brains straight from the ODB2. So basically they can adjust their DME without plugging into the reflex box.

I know the word is out that DSX has a kit in the works you can tune with HPTuners but it would be awesome if you could do the same with the reflex. Since there are quiet a few out there with the reflex setup already it would be a game changers for new installers but make tuning adjustments easier for those of us that already have it.

Here's the video I'm referencing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq1fRWcH0ME&t=146s

radz28 03-04-2024 06:59 AM

This seems more like an HPTuners integration equivalent.

WiggyB 03-04-2024 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 11408841)
This seems more like an HPTuners integration equivalent.

That's exactly what I was getting at. My not have said it the best way though. :noidea:

WiggyB 03-05-2024 05:20 PM

This is the response I got from Motiv:

Hello,
If you are referring to the Ecutek and MHD integrated PI control for BMW/Toyota and also the C7/8 GM. Those are all controlled by the custom SW from those flash companies, we dont control who integrates the control into the ECUs we just work with them to make it work on both ends. If HP tuners has support to do so or an open canbus we can setup on our end then we'd work together to bring it all together.

What platform are you referring/interested in?

Now I need to go bug HP Tuners........ lol

radz28 03-06-2024 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WiggyB (Post 11409229)
This is the response I got from Motiv:

Hello,
If you are referring to the Ecutek and MHD integrated PI control for BMW/Toyota and also the C7/8 GM. Those are all controlled by the custom SW from those flash companies, we dont control who integrates the control into the ECUs we just work with them to make it work on both ends. If HP tuners has support to do so or an open canbus we can setup on our end then we'd work together to bring it all together.

What platform are you referring/interested in?

Now I need to go bug HP Tuners........ lol

Thanks for the initiative! Fingers crossed!

Joshinator99 03-06-2024 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 11409331)
Thanks for the initiative! Fingers crossed!

Agreed! The DSX one still vapor ware at this point (they told me it’d be ready by end of ‘23) so might be nice to see what THPSI can do with the Reflex in terms of integration with the ECM.

radz28 03-06-2024 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshinator99 (Post 11409413)
Agreed! The DSX one still vapor ware at this point (they told me it’d be ready by end of ‘23) so might be nice to see what THPSI can do with the Reflex in terms of integration with the ECM.

I think Steck posted an ETA of Summer, now... I'm sure you already saw that...

jlaudio11 03-06-2024 03:56 PM

Per Motiv anything Gen V LT is done through Toohighpsi, so it would be up to them to work on integrating it with the E92 pcm/getting hptuners support.

Joshinator99 03-06-2024 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 11409415)
I think Steck posted an ETA of Summer, now... I'm sure you already saw that...

Did not see that…! Ugh…

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlaudio11 (Post 11409487)
Per Motiv anything Gen V LT is done through Toohighpsi, so it would be up to them to work on integrating it with the E92 pcm/getting hptuners support.

I wouldn’t put this past Mike. He’s a smart dude.

radz28 03-07-2024 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshinator99 (Post 11409521)
Did not see that…! Ugh…

I wouldn’t put this past Mike. He’s a smart dude.

Yeah. I spent some time trying to find more information and went through many comments and posts on FB, and some time on HPTuners, and we're still months away. The way he makes it sound, it's going to be awesome, and didn't mind being up front about how little information's going to be available as to how it works, other than you plug it (maybe HPTuner's CORE ECM - it looks like it will work with CANBUS) in, enter some basic information (and I THINK there was an implication I read somewhere about a different OS for the E92 [I could be making that up], and completely reversible, too), and that was mostly it. It sounds very awesome, and I don't doubt he, working with HPTuners, can make it happen as simple as that, but he also knows what he needs for all that hand shaking, so...

I'd never suggest Mike couldn't get it done, and respect him as much as Steck (and moreso, honestly), and I'd pay to have this kind of software upgrade done. I get the feeling (and assumption only, from a few comments I've come across) he's got enough work and there's only enough time to pay the bills and have a life, so I'm not terribly hopeful this could/would happen. I'd gladly be incorrect though.

Megahurtz 03-07-2024 08:19 AM

I would guess that both companies are going to eventually integrate with the stock ECU. Dave is openly working on it but that doesn't mean that Mike isn't secretly working on it too.

I plan on getting the DSX kit as soon as Dave will ship me one lol.

jlaudio11 03-07-2024 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 11409611)
Yeah. I spent some time trying to find more information and went through many comments and posts on FB, and some time on HPTuners, and we're still months away. The way he makes it sound, it's going to be awesome, and didn't mind being up front about how little information's going to be available as to how it works, other than you plug it (maybe HPTuner's CORE ECM - it looks like it will work with CANBUS) in, enter some basic information (and I THINK there was an implication I read somewhere about a different OS for the E92 [I could be making that up], and completely reversible, too), and that was mostly it. It sounds very awesome, and I don't doubt he, working with HPTuners, can make it happen as simple as that, but he also knows what he needs for all that hand shaking, so...

I'd never suggest Mike couldn't get it done, and respect him as much as Steck (and moreso, honestly), and I'd pay to have this kind of software upgrade done. I get the feeling (and assumption only, from a few comments I've come across) he's got enough work and there's only enough time to pay the bills and have a life, so I'm not terribly hopeful this could/would happen. I'd gladly be incorrect though.

From my understanding the DSX kit is going to integrate and work like the fords do with dual injection. You basically put in the percentage of port you want in the hptuners tune file, the ecm knows about the fuel and his separate controller handles the outputs. I'm pretty excited for it.

Megahurtz 03-07-2024 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlaudio11 (Post 11409657)
From my understanding the DSX kit is going to integrate and work like the fords do with dual injection. You basically put in the percentage of port you want in the hptuners tune file, the ecm knows about the fuel and his separate controller handles the outputs. I'm pretty excited for it.

That is my understanding as well, which then means you don't have to fudge the Torque Model due to the Airmass inaccuracy of having to tune separate controllers.

radz28 03-07-2024 10:52 AM

Unless I hear differently about the REFLEX, I'm going to jump ship to this, too. It just sounds too good, and my OCD will be happier about it, lol. I'm already redo'ing my aux' system anyways, so why not this, too, and just bring it up to date as well. Hopefully the price stays around what Steck was alluding to a while ago...