Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   I have to admit... (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=737)

Urthman 03-08-2007 03:56 PM

I have to admit...

I was just at a local Ford dealer getting my truck fixed. (I ran over a deer and completely screwed the alignment and camber on the front passenger side.) They had 10 or so 2007 Mustang GTs in various colors on the lot, so while I was waiting I checked them out. Those are damn nice cars. I would have driven one off the lot if I had the money. I have to admit that I have a new found respect for them. Don't get me wrong, I still want my Camaro...but I might have to pick up a Mustang before the Camaro comes out then trade it in after the craziness of the Camaro dies down.

Seanskny 03-08-2007 05:13 PM

Save some money and pick up a used/well maintained 4th gen. I work with a girl that owns a 07' GT and my 99" Z28 w/ 93k miles smokes it. If you want something fat/heavy and slow to please you now, go to the closest trailer park. I will personally wait for the faster and sexier model.

SoFlaZ 03-08-2007 07:23 PM

:laughabove:

OverAnxious 03-08-2007 10:08 PM

I'd roll a new Mustang if the Camaro wasn't coming around the corner :D

$anani 03-09-2007 01:16 AM

the mustang i nice but it lags interior design. the camaro has both so i'll wait.

TAG UR IT 03-09-2007 01:25 AM

If I HAD to buy a car tomorrow...first, I'd try to find another 4th gen. I know'em like the back of my hand. If I HAD to buy new...tough choice. I'd look into a Solstice, Sky, might look at a Mustang (although I'm pretty sure I'd pass it right up - but I'd check it out so I could say I knew I was right), Infiniti Q35 (everytime I see it, I have to stare...oh, and I'd have to turbo it!), not sure what else.

Moose 03-09-2007 06:43 AM

Having a sister who's interested in a new Mustang, I've visited the Ford dealers and seen them up close numerous times. I have to say, the new Mustang is the first Mustang I'd consider buying in a long time.

That being said, I'd first look at used C5's or a C6 (if I could find one), or as Tag said, the Saturn Sky might be a possibility. Ideally, I wait it out and look for someone to sell their 'Intimidator SS'. :bow: (I LOVE those :wub: )

Ed

Urthman 03-09-2007 07:57 AM

I'd love to have a C5 or C6, or a 4th gen. I'm just saying that actually sitting in the new Mustang and looking them over for a while I appreciate them a lot more than I did before. I always liked the looks of them on the outside; and yes, the interior is lacking but I still like it enough to buy one if I could.

Casull 03-09-2007 08:05 AM

I too have seen the Muskrat up close and personal several times, even test drove them a few times. The first one I test drove was a V-6 because my wife really liked them and she wanted to see what it was like. So we test drove it. I will admit, I thought the interior was fairly well put together. In terms of "drivability" however, I thought the V-6 was under powered and it handled very sloppy.

When i drove the GT version, I honestly felt like it drove like the V-6 should have, but severely lacked the power I expected out of a V-8. I just kinda felt cheated, like I just wanted getting my money's worth power wise... Maybe it was just me.

LowRider 03-09-2007 10:37 AM

idk I woulod go buy a 4th gen SS or a 02 Trans AM with the ram air package. Both nice cars. That would eat that mustang and spit it out the tailpipes.

IROC'em 03-09-2007 09:15 PM

I have a good vehichle for now, but if 2010 rolled around and no Camaro, I would hafta go Challenger.

Dave McFly 03-09-2007 10:25 PM

I will only buy a new mustang when ford releases it in THIS color:

http://www.mustangevolution.com/imag...ws/bullitt.jpg

FYI ford is gonna release the mustang in that color for the 2008 year to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the movie bullitt. From what i have read/seen it is basically a base V6 car but with all the drive train and suspension and wheels/tires to a GT. this reminds me of the LX mustang 5.0s of the 80s/90s, which were basically 4 cyl LX mustangs but with all the drivetrain goodies of the GT, minus the GT's extra weight for stuff like body cladding and luxury amenities. the LX 5.0 notch and fast backs were real performance bargins, the notchback LX 5.0's were used in florida and californina on the highway patrol when new. This NEW bullitt themed stang will come in the dark green paint, with the black interior, and wood rimmed steering wheel, just like the 1968 original, i bet Steve (Frank Bullitt) McQueen would have LOVED this car.

Im not biased, i like ALL front engine rear drive cars that have balls, even if it has a 'blue oval' or a 'bow tie' or a 'ram head' it's 'ALL GOOD'.

:headbang:

IROC'em 03-11-2007 10:04 PM

That color with white LeMans stripes then youre good to go.

TAG UR IT 03-12-2007 12:40 AM

White stripes and new wheels. Those rims gotta go. They, IMO, don't even look like they belong on that Stang.