Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Magnetic Ride Control? Yes or No (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332697)

Cinco DT 12-14-2013 09:12 PM

Magnetic Ride Control? Yes or No

Is it worth to get the Magnetic Ride Control? Has anyone has this option and how was it and can you see a difference with out it? Is is worth the money to have it before I add in this option. Thanks!

bnall40 12-14-2013 11:17 PM

Cinco ... Yes from my view but this is another personal choice. I ordered Mag on my C7 and my C6 and you definitely can feel the difference between touring and sport ... with the idea that with sport and track you need firmer control.
I also ordered Z51 which includes stiffer shocks and so that minimizes the difference between touring and sport/track.
I have read that the Gen III Mag control offers a softer ride if you do not include Z51 so that is a consideration.

laborsmith 12-15-2013 09:00 AM

Can you get a C7 with mag ride without Z51 now?

Or maybe I misunderstood something.

The difference between sport and tour was noticeable on the C6. Can't imagine it would be less so currently as you switch through the several choices.

Laborsmith

bnall40 12-15-2013 12:07 PM

Laborsmith UR right. Mag apparently can not be ordered w/o Z51. My C6 had Mag w/o performance upgrades. Somewhere, though there is a fairly current discussion of the Gen III Mag ride that I "thought" discussed the soft ride without the heavy Z51 shocks? Wrong,it seems? Will see if the Gen III discussion can b located again.

bnall40 12-15-2013 12:19 PM

A search of Gen III Magnetic Shocks brings up a good discussion that answers the initial Q that Cinco had. ... And corrects my misunderstanding: No Gen III w/o Z51 ... But why? With Z51 in constraint?

laborsmith 12-15-2013 01:43 PM

My guess is the Gen III mag ride is so wrapped up in the eDiff that it needs it for all of its elements to work optimally (is that a word?).

Laborsmith

Cinco DT 12-17-2013 08:51 PM

Thanks! Is everyone getting the Magnetic Selective Drive Control when you order?

H2OStingray 12-18-2013 12:07 AM

I am not getting it. I was on the fence about getting it then I asked my dealer who is a good guy and has been nothing but honest unlike the other chevy dealership I first had to deal with. He basically told me he saw a very little difference but not that big of a differenece where he could justify that price. Always suprising to have someone selling you something not try to make you spend more money. Honestly unless you could hover like the delorean in back to the future no car will feel good on the lame excuse we have for roads here in Shreveport, LA.

hikingjerry@gmail.com 12-18-2013 06:46 AM

please check RBHN34thank you

laborsmith 12-18-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hikingjerry@gmail.com (Post 7268945)
please check RBHN34thank you

Surprising as it may seem, there is a thread dedicated to answering this question. This thread is stickied, was started by BeckyD (Becky Doyle), and the title of the thread includes the word status.

If you actually desire an answer, which I doubt, then posting in that thread will do wonders toward satisfying your curiosity.

Any hostility read between the lines is sincerely intended.

Laborsmith

zimm888 12-18-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laborsmith (Post 7269177)
Surprising as it may seem, there is a thread dedicated to answering this question. This thread is stickied, was started by BeckyD (Becky Doyle), and the title of the thread includes the word status.

If you actually desire an answer, which I doubt, then posting in that thread will do wonders toward satisfying your curiosity.

Any hostility read between the lines is sincerely intended.

Laborsmith

LOL!! So true