Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   armorall Wash & wax? good or bad? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344717)

revived 02-26-2014 10:40 PM

armorall Wash & wax? good or bad?

So as a gift I got one of those walmart armoral detailing kits.

Im not using any of it on my car (wipes/spray ect) but I was considering the wash and wax soap.

Does anyone think its a bad idea to use it on exterior?

I had a very bad experience with turtle wax tire wet spray which was like a clearcoat and it ruined my wheels because it got overspray and it stained my tires/wheels. (look it up on google tons of peoples cars ruined by this stuff) I even watched a video where a poor guy was spraying it on his bmw's plastics since it looks nice when first applied and then turns green and it wont come off even with acids).

ec1990 02-27-2014 12:30 AM

It's mediocre quality at best. Better off re-gifting it.

JTruck 02-27-2014 12:31 AM

If your are questioning it then I wouldn't use it... I've never used it and I doubt no one else here has either, so you aren't going to get much of opinionated experience.

Buy some of the better washes suggested on the forum, they aren't expensive and have great qualities.

myold88 02-27-2014 04:50 AM

OP: Why would you not use any of it ? Just because it's from WalMart ? I use the
Turtle Wax Car Wash and Miguires Cleaner Wax, both excellent products imo.
Watch out fo the product pushers here and elsewhere on the net.

WiSSDiver 02-27-2014 07:47 AM

I don't think it's a product pusher thing as much as it is there seems to be enough evidence that the rest of their products don't exactly stand up to what some of us consider to be a professional grade detailing product.

It can be a personal preference as a product that is good enough for your own taste, but not others.

Personally, I won't let any armoral products touch my car, but that's my preference.

I agree with others who suggest regift or return.

Spartan01 02-27-2014 07:54 AM

It's a great product for a quick wash and wax.
But for a serious detailing I wouldn't use it- for that I use a 3 pass hand wash system, then a rinse, then clay bar, then polish, then 2 coats of wax. But this process takes several hours, whereas a quick wash and wax, maybe 30 minutes.
It really depends on your immediate needs and goals.

Adam's Polishes 02-27-2014 12:43 PM

I've re-gifted some of these kits over the course of a few years from distant relatives/friends who don't know my ties to Adam's. The look on everyone's faces who know what I do for a living when they see me open the gifts are priceless!!

OP, give it a whirl and see if you like it. It won't melt the paint off your car, but there are other products out there that I guarantee you'll like better. :)

WiSSDiver 02-27-2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick@Adams (Post 7455931)
OP, give it a whirl and see if you like it. It won't melt the paint off your car, but there are other products out there that I guarantee you'll like better. :)

Some would say Nick will guarantee it 110% :lol:

revived 02-27-2014 11:56 PM

I tried it and its really isn't bad at all. I will never use armoral on my interior but the wax/soap worked actually really well. I have severe swirls and it actually filled a lot of them and made the paint shine like crazy.. It does require a good drying to kind of buff our the wax remains.

Im actually happy with it, surprisingly...

WiSSDiver 02-28-2014 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revived (Post 7457529)
I tried it and its really isn't bad at all. I will never use armoral on my interior but the wax/soap worked actually really well. I have severe swirls and it actually filled a lot of them and made the paint shine like crazy.. It does require a good drying to kind of buff our the wax remains.

Im actually happy with it, surprisingly...

Fixed or filled? Not trying to be confrontational here, but many of these products like this are only fillers and your swirls are only hidden. There's only one way I know of to "fix" the swirls and it isn't with a product that fills them in.

Also, many of them are not ph balanced and will actually strip away any LSP you may have on your paints surface (Sealant and wax) and you probably don't want to be striping those products off in between washings and thinking your paint is protected.

AWSME SS 02-28-2014 08:21 AM

In my experience Armor All car wash works good with hot water.

revived 02-28-2014 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AWSME SS (Post 7457888)
In my experience Armor All car wash works good with hot water.

Yep used hot water aswell it was kinda cold outside.

JTruck 03-01-2014 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revived (Post 7459704)
Yep used hot water aswell it was kinda cold outside.

Be careful pouring hot water on cold glass...

flyinlow89 03-01-2014 05:46 PM

I use it when I go to my parents place. I was my dads cars for him. He has a jug there and it works perfectly fine.