CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   plant closures in North America - all GM (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596849)

len125 09-02-2021 04:21 PM

plant closures in North America - all GM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...edgdhp&pc=U531

Whitespeed 09-02-2021 05:33 PM

Excluding Corvette, Camaro and Blackwing.

redcoats1976 09-02-2021 05:42 PM

kind of makes sense,there are still other models on the lot unsold,but no sporty cars to be had new.

CamaroSSStlfan 09-02-2021 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redcoats1976 (Post 11064657)
kind of makes sense,there are still other models on the lot unsold,but no sporty cars to be had new.

Yep they keep pumping out trucks and equinoxes. Buy a camaro instead of stupid suv. My mom has an equinox and it's slow as balls and boring to drive.

Camaro is a better car overall than any suv or sedan

jamala00 09-02-2021 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan (Post 11064669)
Yep they keep pumping out trucks and equinoxes. Buy a camaro instead of stupid suv. My mom has an equinox and it's slow as balls and boring to drive.

I saw the closures on the news tonight.

I have a Tahoe and a Camaro. I couldn't disagree with you more. They all have their own purpose. When you want to pack up the family and go on a trip, tow a camper, tow a pontoon boat... (I could go on and on) you sure as hell are not going to do it in or with a Camaro. Maybe it's better for "You" and your current situation. That's about it. Matter of fact by the sales in the US it seems just about everyone buying a new vehicle in todays world would disagree with you.

Camarokid1996 09-02-2021 07:00 PM

Quote:

Yeah, that's gotta be the most ignorant thing I've read in a while

s2mikey 09-02-2021 08:32 PM

Quote:

Actually - do NOT encourage anyone else to buy a Camaro right now. I want mine by next spring. Let them keep buying SUVs. ;). I need Camaros to go to my fellow Camaro brothers that also recently ordered or have been waiting for a while.

JKSully 09-02-2021 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s2mikey (Post 11064742)
Actually - do NOT encourage anyone else to buy a Camaro right now. I want mine by next spring. Let them keep buying SUVs. ;). I need Camaros to go to my fellow Camaro brothers that also recently ordered or have been waiting for a while.

Yeah! Besides, the more Camaros out there, the less effective your dating profile pic will be! :D:bonk:

CamaroSSStlfan 09-02-2021 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s2mikey (Post 11064742)

Or if you're in the market for one.

When the new 2021s and 2022s hit the lot if they just sit there for months and months it will cause the used ones to go down in price and better deals on new ones.

Camaros new and used to NOT move quick around me, at least the v8 models. I suspect end of the year there will be deals on these when dealers can't push them.

Lets face it our 6th are not popular cars.

Co2SS 09-02-2021 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan (Post 11064761)

When the new 2021s and 2022s hit the lot if they just sit there for months and months it will cause the used ones to go down in price and better deals on new ones.

Camaros new and used to NOT move quick around me, at least the v8 models. I suspect end of the year there will be deals on these when dealers can't push them.

I’m glad they aren’t that popular. I hate being in the “in-crowd.” I see way more McLarens, Lamborghinis, Ferraris and the like driving around Denver than I ever see 6th gen ZL1s. And I’m so glad for that.

396ssrat 09-02-2021 11:03 PM

I used to tow my boat with an 85 Irocz and an 87 rs to and from the Colorado River from OC California without any powertrain or chassis drama. That was roughly 275 miles each direction. Boat was a 20' Outboard Tunnel Hull. Can't see why it couldn't be done today unless you can't put a hitch on a gen 6. And if you can't that is regressing for sure.

BundiMan 09-02-2021 11:21 PM

They make a hitch for the 6 gen but it only a class B

s2mikey 09-03-2021 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKSully (Post 11064755)
Yeah! Besides, the more Camaros out there, the less effective your dating profile pic will be! :D:bonk:

Right? Good call! :smiling1:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan (Post 11064761)

We very well could see deals on these by years end(2022) if production ramps up. They are not super popular, no. If my deal falls through or seems to take forever(ordered about 2 weeks ago) then maybe I could convince myself to wait longer, save up and score a deal later in the year. I just cant go all summer without a "fun" car though. Gonna have to pull the trigger by like end of June at the latest, me thinks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Co2SS (Post 11064793)
I’m glad they aren’t that popular. I hate being in the “in-crowd.” I see way more McLarens, Lamborghinis, Ferraris and the like driving around Denver than I ever see 6th gen ZL1s. And I’m so glad for that.

Crazy, right? Even where I am I do see more exotics and high-dollar cars than 6th gen Camaros. Its one of things that I like though!

Way more Mustangs and Challengers too, almost to where those are approaching the dime-a-dozen category. When I do see a 6th gen Camaro I actually look at it. I gotta have one!

Martinjlm 09-03-2021 07:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 396ssrat (Post 11064809)
I used to tow my boat with an 85 Irocz and an 87 rs to and from the Colorado River from OC California without any powertrain or chassis drama. That was roughly 275 miles each direction. Boat was a 20' Outboard Tunnel Hull. Can't see why it couldn't be done today unless you can't put a hitch on a gen 6. And if you can't that is regressing for sure.

Sez who?