CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Does my car have an exhaust mode? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=560560)

blackgloves 08-18-2019 10:41 PM

Does my car have an exhaust mode?

2019 2SS

I've went to my driver settings on the touch screen and the only thing available is Steering Mode. The switch near the console allows me to change from Ice/Touring/Sport/Track

I haven't seen anything about the exhaust or suspension.

Sorry for the newb questions. Still very new with this car and trying to learn as much as possible

Thanks in advance

rocknss 08-18-2019 10:44 PM

I believe you only have those options if you have duel mode exhaust and magnetic ride control.

njdad61 08-18-2019 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackgloves (Post 10599799)
2019 2SS

I've went to my driver settings on the touch screen and the only thing available is Steering Mode. The switch near the console allows me to change from Ice/Touring/Sport/Track

Sorry for the newb questions. Still very new with this car and trying to learn as much as possible

Thanks in advance

The main "Mode" switch adjusts how power is delivered, things like throttle mapping, available power, and shift points. I leave mine in Sport unless I'm on the highway for a long stretch. You'll find the steering will loosen or tighten depending on the mode, if you have steering set to automatic. I have that set to Sport as well because I don't like how loose it is in Tour and I find Track to be too tight for daily driving.

You won't have options for exhaust or steering without the corresponding equipment installed on the car (Dual-mode exhaust and magnetic ride control).

blackgloves 08-18-2019 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njdad61 (Post 10599805)
The main "Mode" switch adjusts how power is delivered, things like throttle mapping, available power, and shift points. I leave mine in Sport unless I'm on the highway for a long stretch. You'll find the steering will loosen or tighten depending on the mode, if you have steering set to automatic. I have that set to Sport as well because I don't like how loose it is in Tour and I find Track to be too tight for daily driving.

You won't have options for exhaust or steering without the corresponding equipment installed on the car (Dual-mode exhaust and magnetic ride control).

Thank you. I have an option for steering, just not exhaust or magnetic ride control

RLem619 08-19-2019 03:01 AM

As mentioned above, if you have NPP and MRC you can change them in your MODE settings. If they are not in the settings, it's not equipped.

24v 08-19-2019 07:28 AM

Just look at the back of your car. If you have 2 tail pipes you don't have an "exhaust mode". If you have 4 then you do.

L78toLT1 08-19-2019 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24v (Post 10599904)
Just look at the back of your car. If you have 2 tail pipes you don't have an "exhaust mode". If you have 4 then you do.

It should also be noted that, the exhaust mode occasionally "disappears" from the screen on NPP equipped cars. Mine has only done this once in 18K miles, but some apparently do it more often. There are several related threads on this topic.

blackgloves 08-19-2019 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLem619 (Post 10599841)
As mentioned above, if you have NPP and MRC you can change them in your MODE settings. If they are not in the settings, it's not equipped.

I don't know what NPP, MRC, stands for:frusty:

HartfordRacingCaptain 08-19-2019 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackgloves (Post 10599941)
I don't know what NPP, MRC, stands for:frusty:

User Gunkk replied to your other thread this morning with the ordering guide that contains all acronyms:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=560563

NPP is the dual mode exhaust (4 tail pipes), MRC is magnetic ride control (upgraded suspension)

overdriv 08-19-2019 08:46 AM

NPP is the option code for dual mode exhaust.

MRC = Magnetic Ride Controll

1hprush 08-19-2019 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackgloves (Post 10599799)
2019 2SS

Thanks in advance

If your SS has the quad tips, select settings on your screen, driving modes, engine sound management, select which mode you want.

Mighty Mouce 08-20-2019 12:21 PM

Pretty sure it comes standard with all 2SS's.:cool:

RollaMo 08-20-2019 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mighty Mouce (Post 10601201)
Pretty sure it comes standard with all 2SS's.:cool:

No, dual mode exhaust is not standard.

blackgloves 08-20-2019 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollaMo (Post 10601249)
No, dual mode exhaust is not standard.

Mine doesn't have dual exhaust mode. It has 1 tip on both sides