Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Garage Pictures (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=575403)

pyroguy 05-14-2020 02:33 PM

Garage Pictures

1 Attachment(s)
So I've been trying to update a picture of my car in my virtual garage on here for a couple years, but have not been able to. Until now I just said forget it, but I'd like to have a picture or two up.

My question is, how do I upload a picture when there's not a submit picture available to upload a picture?

Attachment 1031993

SSEssence 05-14-2020 03:00 PM

click the choose file button.

Camaro_QC 05-14-2020 06:35 PM

One you click the choose file button, select the picture then press the enter button. When done, at the bottom of the page where the choose file buttons are, you have an upload button. When completed, close the window and then submit your post.

witenite 05-14-2020 07:09 PM

I have never been able to upload pictures to "my garage". They always come over blank. Gave up.

pyroguy 06-10-2020 05:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So now what?

Attachment 1034804

pyroguy 06-22-2020 10:04 AM

Nobody?

RubyCamaro 06-22-2020 01:30 PM

Yeah, I gave up on posting to my garage long ago. I put whatever pics I want on my profile page or post in an appropriate thread or my build thread.

pyroguy 06-22-2020 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 10815570)
Yeah, I gave up on posting to my garage long ago. I put whatever pics I want on my profile page or post in an appropriate thread or my build thread.

I had a picture many years ago, but I wanted to update it so I removed the picture and now I can't get one. I figured I'd ask and see if there was anything that a moderator could help me with. I guess not though. I'll just keep updating my build thread same as you.

ember1205 07-16-2020 04:21 PM

It appears that there's something fundamentally broken with the web site.

I tried being logged in to both camaro5.com and camaro6.com and creating an uploading an album, and every time I got the same web server error message - 500. This indicates an internal server error on the part of the machine that handles the serving of the pages and such and will definitely be able to be traced back to a configuration issue somewhere in the code of the site. Unless an Admin is aware and actually interested in chasing this down to get corrected, it's going to remain a broken feature.

As an aside, it appears that the creation of a "My Garage" album may have been an automatic thing in the past but maybe isn't any longer. It's entirely possible that this functionality was knowingly broken at some point and never corrected. My guess is that the "My Garage" album existed and worked properly when it was just Camaro5, but it got broken when Camaro6 was brought online and set up to work as "the same site" with some different skinning and different sub-forums (but common admin area).