CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   BMR Goodies... FEEDBACK (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=605627)

SOCAL.M6.ZLE 05-18-2022 05:53 PM

BMR Goodies... FEEDBACK

10 Attachment(s)
Well, I finally got the last of my BMR suspension stuff installed and wanted to share a few photos and feedback.

1. Motor Mounts... WOW these were a bit of a PITA to install on your back, but they made the headers so easy to install. I was afraid of KR but was pleased to see ZERO on several 20 min on road data logs with crappy roads. I love the positive feeling. Really feels like the power converts more efficiently to the drive-train. I wish I had better photos of this for everyone...

2. (6) rear end pieces all at once... front cradle brace, upper and lower control arms, both trailing arms and tie rods. I was not sure what to expect, as thought the read end felt fine, but after the swap, the rear feels more rigid, and predictable. again... the power train feels so efficient now, from front to back.

No issues to mention... Hope this was helpful.

Damn I love these cars...

kropscamaro16 05-18-2022 05:56 PM

looks good but you should have gone with spl parts if you are going to track it !!

Joshinator99 05-18-2022 07:01 PM

Nice pics and great mods. Agree the feel of the car is so much better with the BMR stuff. :happy0180:

AZIROC 05-18-2022 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 (Post 11175884)
looks good but you should have gone with spl parts if you are going to track it !!

Between bmr and spl, depending on the part, you are really splitting hairs. I will say, the option for the lock-out on the spl rear toe rods is a huge plus. But for the other parts, bmr is just as good.

Mark R 05-18-2022 10:16 PM

I love my BMR pieces too. I like the side by side pics of the trailing arms

sr71bb 05-18-2022 10:52 PM

Duplicate Post (MY BAD) see below

sr71bb 05-18-2022 11:08 PM

SPLPARTS ARE the BEST

The BMR Parts and I use alot of them are VERY GOOD but make no mistake here, the SPLPARTS are the BEST. The aformentioned SPLPARTS TOE ROD for the REAR is especially a MUST HAVE item. Now running -2.7 camber on REAR because of that use of specific part.

Unfortunately SPLPARTS occasionally have out of stock situations on some of their items. On a 1-10 scale, I would say BMR is an 8+ and SPLPARTS are 9.5+. (no one is perfect, lol)

The BMR adjustible sway bars are very good and I use them both FRONT and REAR BUT you have to purchase a set of BILLETT bearing holders to support the delrin bearings on the FRONT bar if you plan on tracking the car in order to NOT split those bearings under extreme pressure. These bearing holders are 300.00 per SET and have to be ordered separately as a special order item from BMR. BMR came up this BILLET bearing holder when racing teams were complaining about SPLITTING the bearings using the stock bearing holders that come with the bar. Notes on this are below:

BMR Billet Steel Bearing Holders for FRONT Sway bar (SBB010 is a SPECIAL Order part from BMR NOT in catalog, cost is around 300.00)

A BETTER choice if they are available would both the HOTCHKIS adjustible Sway Bars front and rear. HOTCHKIS has had supply issues as well.

radz28 05-19-2022 07:54 AM

Congrats' on the install. I really like what I used.

At least you didn't have to do cradle bushings, like I did on my non-1LE. That was fun, lol.

Crushed 1LE 05-19-2022 09:28 AM

I'm in the middle of doing this using SPL. Did you manage to do all this on jack stands? I'm debating doing it myself in my garage (on stands) or getting a shop to do it.

FWIW, I dont believe SPL make All the bits for the rear (upper and lower arms).

20Bluezl1 05-19-2022 10:10 AM

I went SPL all the way and love the quality and adjustability I did go with BMR mounts.

JSH 05-19-2022 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOCAL.M6.ZLE (Post 11175882)
Well, I finally got the last of my BMR suspension stuff installed and wanted to share a few photos and feedback.

What was your goal with this work? Is it a DD or road race or drag car or what?

WhiteMale 05-19-2022 12:21 PM

Which was the best bang for the buck, isn't it the cradle lock out? correct me if that's not the right name for it.

Mark R 05-19-2022 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteMale (Post 11176245)
Which was the best bang for the buck, isn't it the cradle lock out? correct me if that's not the right name for it.

Yes it is, but the OP has a 1LE, so he does not need the cradle lockout.

Fast4wd 05-19-2022 01:04 PM

Sorry to hijack, but are these SPL/BMR parts "necessary" for track days?

If so, what are the benefits?

Lastly, what does it do to NVH during street driving?