Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Sports Lounge (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   JEFF GORDON GETS HIS 83RD WIN!!! (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131912)

"prima"Donna 02-28-2011 12:20 AM

JEFF GORDON GETS HIS 83RD WIN!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Way 2 Go today at Phoenix for Jeff!!! :thumbsup: :respekt:

Jeff got his 83rd win today, and ties for 5th place for all-time Cup Series wins!!! :clap: :bow:

After 66 races without a win, since April 2009 in Texas, Jeff led the most laps today and passed Kyle Busch to re-claim the lead with less than 10 laps left...he drove away for the win!!! :burnrubber:

Jeff was as excited today as if it was his first win ever...so happy for him...he's had a lot of bad breaks...he's had eight 2nd place finishes since his last win, and 4 last year alone :( :rolleyes:

"The Drive For 5 Is Still Alive", IMHO!!!! :happyanim:

Congrats to Jeff and the entire 24 team, including Mr Rick Hendrick, his car owner, and Alan Gustafson, his new crew chief for 2011 :clap:

Congrats to his entire pit crew, and everyone involved with the 24 car :clap:

Glad to see that 24 Chevy in Victory Lane, once again!!! :chevy:

I've been a Jeff Gordon fan 'through thick and thin', since his rookie year in 1993!!! :wub:

:happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim:

"prima"Donna 02-28-2011 12:30 AM

So sorry I put this in the wrong section :facepalm:

I thought it was ALL motorsports, and just now realized it is Camaro motorsports :facepalm:

Can one of the Mods please move it to the Sports Lounge for me? :iono:

Thanks! :thumbsup:

11_Camaro 02-28-2011 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "prima"Donna (Post 2897246)
Way 2 Go today at Phoenix for Jeff!!! :thumbsup: :respekt:

Jeff got his 83rd win today, and ties for 5th place for all-time Cup Series wins!!! :clap: :bow:

After 66 races without a win, since April 2009 in Texas, Jeff led the most laps today and passed Kyle Busch to re-claim the lead with less than 10 laps left...he drove away for the win!!! :burnrubber:

Jeff was as excited today as if it was his first win ever...so happy for him...he's had a lot of bad breaks...he's had eight 2nd place finishes since his last win, and 4 last year alone :( :rolleyes:

"The Drive For 5 Is Still Alive", IMHO!!!! :happyanim:

Congrats to Jeff and the entire 24 team, including Mr Rick Hendrick, his car owner, and Alan Gustafson, his new crew chief for 2011 :clap:

Congrats to his entire pit crew, and everyone involved with the 24 car :clap:

Glad to see that 24 Chevy in Victory Lane, once again!!! :chevy:

I've been a Jeff Gordon fan 'through thick and thin', since his rookie year in 1993!!! :wub:

:happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim:

+1

Tampa Tuning 02-28-2011 06:55 AM

Camaro Firebird Corvette GTO GM Truck Trans Am Tuner in Tampa

He's no longer a young gun and time has been catching up with him

Welcome to the war on Ponies !!
www.TampaTuning.com
Camaro Firebird Corvette GTO GM Truck Trans Am Tuner in Tampa
Vist the Tampa Tuning web site for all your tuning needs

TooCool5 02-28-2011 07:45 AM

Someone had to stop Busch. Jeff beat him fair and square.

TOMS1SS 02-28-2011 09:03 AM

I remember when Jeff Gordon was supposed to be the next Dale Earnhardt/Richard Petty and sure looked like when he won his 4th championship. Father time and bad divorces catch up to everyone (cough Tiger Woods) in sports it seems like. Jimmie Johnson might not have wins but he's far surpassed Jeff Gordon already career wise. Now if Chevy can start having the cup guys run Camaros instead of crappy Impalas that would be a real trick.

BackinBlackSS/RS 02-28-2011 09:42 AM

It was AWESOME!!!!!! I am so happy for him. :headbang:

chozn4service 02-28-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS (Post 2898014)
It was AWESOME!!!!!! I am so happy for him. :headbang:

+2:clap: :thumbsup: :word: :happyanim: :w00t:

MLL67RSSS 02-28-2011 11:20 AM

Jeff gordon would have two more championships if the points were done the way they should be, before the "race for the chase" B.S. (And IIRC J.J. would have only won two of his last five).

arod55 02-28-2011 07:43 PM

I was glad to see him win and of course J.J. came in third. I belive Chevrolet placed five cars out of the first six. Go Chevrolet :chevy: :chevy: :headbang:

2010 SSRS 02-28-2011 07:48 PM

Gordon wins :headbang:

TOMS1SS 02-28-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS (Post 2898368)
Jeff gordon would have two more championships if the points were done the way they should be, before the "race for the chase" B.S. (And IIRC J.J. would have only won two of his last five).

Its a completely different game now. The first 26 gets you in, the last 10 is the real run for the points title. Don't forget how many times the 48 was leading the points and would tank the final 5 or so pre-chase races testing equipment and setups. We could make the same comparision to the pre-1975-2010 points system where you got points based on your prize money.

mercedestech 02-28-2011 09:19 PM

Great Job Jeff! I have been a fan for many years, and briefly met him in person at the August Michigan race last year. Hope this is a glimpse of more to come this season!

coolman 02-28-2011 09:24 PM

I"m not a Jeff Gordon fan by any stretch of the imagination ,but it sure beats seeing Kyle bush win. (or any toyota for that matter)