Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   turn signals (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573173)

lemontwist 04-08-2020 09:28 PM

turn signals

i think my biggest peeve is not using you signals:mad0260: PLEASE use your turn signals. i drive a 18 wheeler and i'm doing my part keeping the supply chain going,a dude almost wrecked me on my way home from work:fear:.
i run with my T/C off,i flew off the handle :mad2:and in a fit of rage i found out that i can shift the SS while getting sideways into second keep fishtailing and BARK third.for once no 1-2 grind on a 6k quick shift.
i am ashamed of myself i am suppose to be a "professional":pout:

WS6ADDICT 04-08-2020 11:01 PM

i always want to go up to their window, tap on it, and when they roll it down, grab their turn signal lever and rip it off. Hand it to em and say, "guess ya don't need this!!!" and walk off.......

Nothing like an SS 04-09-2020 06:48 AM

I always assumed that turn signals were too expensive an option for some people, they just weren't going to pay the extra for them!

Yes, that really gets me going too! Especially when they cross two lanes to cut me off without ANY hint they are going to. Some people should be banned from the road!

strykerg8gt 04-09-2020 08:00 AM

Wait, is this a BMW forum now? LOL

KenKat 04-09-2020 08:18 AM

I think sometimes people don’t realize that their blinker fluid has run out and they think they are signaling correctly.

Bigdumogre 04-09-2020 08:58 AM

I have had my share of angry fishtailing burnouts too lol

BLU DUCE 04-09-2020 09:34 AM

I have been behind someone pulling into a gas station with no signal. If I can get the chance I will pull in behind them. And tell them if they get the chance have some one put turn signal fluid in for them. The turn signal fluid bottle is empty your blinker isn't working.

Blue_6.2 04-09-2020 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemontwist (Post 10763012)
... i can shift the SS while getting sideways into second keep fishtailing and BARK third.for once no 1-2 grind on a 6k quick shift.

I found out about that as well. It was somewhere between terrifying and exhilarating.

It also got the gentleman who seemed intent on driving into my trunk to give me all the road I wanted.

pyroguy 04-09-2020 11:40 AM

Just beware Prius drivers. I thought BMW drivers were bad...I've been hit by a Prius, and almost taken out by countless others. Stay safe, stay calm, and stay healthy. Thanks for driving so the rest of us can keep on having things in our lives. I isn't easy driving those big things around and the amount of morons that think you can stop like a high performance race car don't make it any easier.

Camaro2ss2010 04-09-2020 01:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
More people should purchase this

Iron Lung Jimmy 04-09-2020 05:00 PM

Around here if you put on your turn signal to change lanes, more than half the time the person behind you in the lane you want to get into will speed up to close the gap so you can't.

If I'm turning off of the road I will use them, but otherwise no.