Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   C7 Factory Paint and Infotainment System Issues (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324850)

WARP TEN 03-01-2014 12:36 PM

You are doing the right thing going to your dealer and working with them on an amicable basis. Sounds like they are in your corner. But it would also be a good idea to notify Customer Service as well. They like to follow up on problems and solutions. I presume that someone from Customer Service monitors this forum--they do on the other C7 forum. If not, contact directly and explain the problems and your steps to have them remedied. Good luck with it. --Bob

rbscene 03-01-2014 05:39 PM

Update

I talked to the Dealer this morning about the Paint Flaw. They gave me a Couple of options.

1. They repaint the Fender, and clear. (They are not suggesting this as they don't think I will be happy with the outcome even though they can do it.)

2. GM Buyback, they will buy back the car and put me in another Corvette, issue is that there are only two available, both are Black, and Manual's, and I'm not interested in either of them.

3. They Buyback and place an order for a new one, no telling how long it would take, issue is I would be responsible for my Loan during the process, that could cost me thousands, with no use of the Vehicle.

4. Last option was horrible, they offered to compensate my for the flaw and I live with it, I said to them it would have to be significant since the cost of the vehicle, they were more thinking of a Clear Bra for the car or Accessories. I laughed at that one.

So this sucks....

Opinions are Welcome
R

mowilson329 03-01-2014 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbscene (Post 7461519)
I talked to the Dealer this morning about the Paint Flaw. They gave me a Couple of options.

1. They repaint the Fender, and clear. (They are not suggesting this as they don't think I will be happy with the outcome even though they can do it.)

2. GM Buyback, they will buy back the car and put me in another Corvette, issue is that there are only two available, both are Black, and Manual's, and I'm not interested in either of them.

3. They Buyback and place an order for a new one, no telling how long it would take, issue is I would be responsible for my Loan during the process, that could cost me thousands, with no use of the Vehicle.

4. Last option was horrible, they offered to compensate my for the flaw and I live with it, I said to them it would have to be significant since the cost of the vehicle, they were more thinking of a Clear Bra for the car or Accessories. I laughed at that one.

So this sucks....

Opinions are Welcome
R

Geez...

What about a buyback and they find you the car you want from dealer inventory somewhere else?

For option 3, I would think that they pay your lien in full and then you pick up another loan when the new vehicle arrives!

Maybe suggest to them a couple of options that works for YOU, not THEM!

Good luck!!

WesC5 03-01-2014 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbscene (Post 7461519)

So this sucks....

Opinions are Welcome
R

I had similar problems when I ordered/received my C5. I told the dealer I didn't pay "x" amount of dollars for a car I ordered, to be delivered with large paint chips on the hood and front. They asked if I wanted to order another car, I said yes.

I had to wait an additional 8 weeks...but it was worth it. The car was flawless. Really depends on how badly you want the car. For me, I would not accept it.

FYI. I was on the Corvette Plant tour this past Thursday. I saw several cars with large scrapes (one was about 6" by 1/2") and scratches on the hood, top and fenders. :mad0260: With all the automation...I just don't get how all the scratches and scrapes occur. Definitely contact GM customer service about your problems. Terrible QA....

Best of luck....

Nate GM 03-02-2014 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mowilson329 (Post 7461535)
What about a buyback and they find you the car you want from dealer inventory somewhere else?

For option 3, I would think that they pay your lien in full and then you pick up another loan when the new vehicle arrives!

I agree. I would definitely go with option 2 or 3 if they can make it work for you. Go on cars.com and find a dealership that is selling a car that is similar to yours. Then ask your dealership to make a trade with that other dealership so that they have that similar Corvette on their lot. Then have them buy back your car so that you can purchase that similar Corvette instead.

Definitely DO NOT go with option 1 or 4....

Glen e 03-02-2014 09:38 AM

I'd let them paint it....Ive seen two new guys that have repaint some fenders and countless other cars done by excellent body shops , that get it absolutely 100% correct
body shops are no longer out of the 1950s are very sophisticated and completely match the colors with computer..... My body shop has painted two spoilers for me and have got it 100% correct both time- both metallics......look for a shop versed in BMW/Lexus/MB

GTFD2 03-02-2014 08:34 PM

Go with 3. They are caught up with the demand and cars are getting built in just over a month from date of order.

frankjr 07-19-2014 11:00 AM

Had a flaw in paint at rear hatch. Area looked like they tried to touch it up at factory. My dealer is in agreement . They are sending it out to one of the best paint shops in the area for me. They took pictures of it and sending to GM.

F7addict 08-04-2014 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankjr (Post 7829739)
Had a flaw in paint at rear hatch. Area looked like they tried to touch it up at factory. My dealer is in agreement . They are sending it out to one of the best paint shops in the area for me. They took pictures of it and sending to GM.

Touch up attempts from factory??? That is seriously the cheesiest thing I could ever imagine. Foreign sport car enthusiasts that read this stuff are probably having a field day with this bullshit. :emoticon1:

Hulkamaniac 08-05-2014 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F7addict (Post 7867682)
Touch up attempts from factory??? That is seriously the cheesiest thing I could ever imagine. Foreign sport car enthusiasts that read this stuff are probably having a field day with this bullshit. :emoticon1:

Watch Ultimate Factories on NatGeo and you'll see factory touch-ups are standard procedure on every make and model of car on the road.