CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Show me your Garage Floors for Camaros (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624111)

mlee 03-16-2024 09:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by NYTMARE23 (Post 11411903)
I live in a climate that goes from 100+ in the summer to -20(not including windchill) in the winter so cracking was a concern for me which is why I chose the poly since its more "flexible". Paid 5k for our flooring in 2018 and 6 years later I'm glad we went with it. Looks just like it did when it was put down and no signs of cracking or wear and tear. Would do poly again if we moved to another house. Just my .02 and experience with poly so far. :noidea::thumbup:

5k seems reasonable then. They are also going to bring a trailer and move my stuff out as well which pretty much seals the deal as my biggest issue has been all the tool boxes, shelving and refrigerator in the back.

Attachment 1148239

NYTMARE23 03-16-2024 09:49 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Should have done this earlier but here are some before/in progress and afters. Only part I didn't get/show was that as part of the prep, they acid etch the floor, fix any existing cracks in the cement, and then diamond grind it prior to laying down the base coat.

Attachment 1148297

Attachment 1148298

Attachment 1148299

NYTMARE23 03-16-2024 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 11411906)
5k seems reasonable then. They are also going to bring a trailer and move my stuff out as well which pretty much seals the deal as my biggest issue has been all the tool boxes, shelving and refrigerator in the back.

Attachment 1148239

Oh man! Yes, if they are willing to move your stuff then that's GREAT! I had to rent a storage shed and move all my stuff in/out..:faint:...BUT I have to say...it was WORTH IT! :happy0180:

Evergreen6 03-16-2024 10:05 AM

Wow, beautiful floors. I'd like to do something with mine...this is giving me inspiration.

Dabjbr 03-16-2024 11:18 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Just realized I don’t have any pics of the fully renovated garage. However, these will give you an idea. I really like the color. However, when you drop a screw, it can be a bitch to find!

Dabjbr 03-16-2024 11:42 AM

Btw, my floors are epoxy. Didn’t even know about poly until this thread. However, I live in moderate weather California and my garage never gets sun exposure. Paid $3k last year for a 3 car garage. I’m quite satisfied.

Vtor_ZL1 03-16-2024 12:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 11411904)
A white floor was definitely under considerations and yours looks great... so Apoxy finished with Poly.

Is that a lift they are working around? It never did really show.

Yes - in ground scissor type lift. Custom color did not add much costs ($200 n change for 400sq ft and i have gallon size zip lock of extra for any future repairs / patches). Lead time was roughly 3-4 weeks. Chips Unlimited has really cool tool on website to add base color and then vary percentage of colors added, pretty dam accurate.

http://www.chipsunlimited.com/

Carzzy 03-16-2024 05:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Race Deck...

CalgaryZL1 03-16-2024 06:06 PM

I have actually never thought of doing the floor, car always parks on the lift and in the air when working on it. Now I have something else to consider spending money on.

mlee 03-17-2024 10:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by NYTMARE23 (Post 11411908)
Oh man! Yes, if they are willing to move your stuff then that's GREAT! I had to rent a storage shed and move all my stuff in/out..:faint:...BUT I have to say...it was WORTH IT! :happy0180:

Might have helped that my floor already had a lot of work done on it. Now I'm kind of glad the rain came and we never finished. Hadn't heard of Polyurea before.

Attachment 1148316

mlee 03-17-2024 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evergreen6 (Post 11411911)
Wow, beautiful floors. I'd like to do something with mine...this is giving me inspiration.

:thumbup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dabjbr (Post 11411963)
Btw, my floors are epoxy. Didn’t even know about poly until this thread. However, I live in moderate weather California and my garage never gets sun exposure. Paid $3k last year for a 3 car garage. I’m quite satisfied.

I didn't either until the guy came by for the estimate. Then I needed to do research and not just take his word for it.

I think I'm going to copy your tire rack setup too. That's perfect. Where do I get this stuff. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 (Post 11411972)
Yes - in ground scissor type lift. Custom color did not add much costs ($200 n change for 400sq ft and i have gallon size zip lock of extra for any future repairs / patches). Lead time was roughly 3-4 weeks. Chips Unlimited has really cool tool on website to add base color and then vary percentage of colors added, pretty dam accurate.

Absolutely love that lift. Pretty cool how they have the custom chip selector for this too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carzzy (Post 11412035)
Race Deck...

Your garage looks great... signs and all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalgaryZL1 (Post 11412038)
I have actually never thought of doing the floor, car always parks on the lift and in the air when working on it. Now I have something else to consider spending money on.

:smiling1:

arpad_m 03-17-2024 11:18 AM

Here's mine: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=18. Race Deck CircleTrac (much easier to keep clean than diamond pattern tiles).

mlee 03-17-2024 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arpad_m (Post 11412148)
Here's mine: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=18. Race Deck CircleTrac (much easier to keep clean than diamond pattern tiles).

Definitely not going tiles because I want this all the way up the step and over the edge of the garage door opening but it does look great. Especially when the floor would need a lot of grinding to get smooth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamala00 (Post 11412156)
Mine (like a couple others) is a Polyurea. It's the black/grey/white flakes. I love it, it's the best decision I made for the garage. The only thing I do not like is if you drop something small and don't have carboard or something down, you will have a VERY hard time finding it.

I just signed the contract with them so Poly it is... will post up pics when done.

NYTMARE23 03-17-2024 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 11412159)
Definitely not going tiles because I want this all the way up the step and over the edge of the garage door opening but it does look great. Especially when the floor would need a lot of grinding to get smooth.

I just signed the contract with them so Poly it is... will post up pics when done.

Awesome! Congrats and excited to see the pics!!!:happyanim::thumbup: