Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   2017 Camaro Fest (VII) (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   CamaroFest VII: NCM ROAD COURSE Thursday (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480508)

mlee 02-08-2017 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOHNSONROD (Post 9545906)
yeah, its corny as crap i know lol. its winter and i dont have any new good videos of me chasing down guys who actually have a budget. i thought it might help some to see the viewing areas and that they have a store with track stuff in it if needed. Matt is excited for the camaro event. we talked about it the other day.

Loved the video... good stuff. Matt is a great guy. I didn't get a chance to hit the track last time due to setup at Beech Bend but I did stay over a couple extra days last time and stopped by on Monday and visited with Matt. Fingers crossed this time I'll get to break away for a couple hours and give the new Z a run. Just got my VIN a few minutes ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAP'N B (Post 9547820)
WOW!!!:clap: this thread has way more interest than the other threads except the official announcement thread

This is the place to be for sure. Will be fun for all.

jaymsu 02-10-2017 09:19 AM

Getting closer to 75 magic number I see. Awesome!!

I'm going to bring extra helmet. If there is anyone who has never done track event and doesn't want to buy a helmet just yet (because he/she isn't sure the helmet will be ever used again), I can lend them my extra helmet. Just let me know in advance so I don't promise one helmet to two people. :)

Also, I would be happy to give anyone a ride on track - I don't have the fastest car and I won't be the fastest driver out there, but if anyone wants to go for a ride-along, don't be shy and just come and ask for a ride. (I'll be in gray 16 SS)

I was in KY earlier this week - the weather was good enough for a track day. Can we just go now...? :D

GMteSSted 02-10-2017 08:04 PM

I'm not trying to rain on any ones parade but regarding ride-alongs ....

NCM MSP rules are usually pretty tight on who can give rides. Most likely track officials, instructors or competition licensed drivers will be the only ones who may give rides when the track is "hot". If they do lunch time parade laps then rides are allowed while following a pace vehicle at controlled speeds.

Danny may want to clarify?

hammdo 02-10-2017 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOHNSONROD (Post 9538368)
you nailed it Don. ive never seen it rain out an entire day in the summer. we lost most of a day when i was working for extreme experience, but that was in the spring, and they were concerned about letting me drive 1/3 millon dollar cars in standing water. in ky in july it could pop up a thunder banger at any time, but its usually hot n dry. they usually run in damp and even wet track condition but not in standing water. if it pops up a storm, jimmy will go out and blow the water and turtles off the track. then we will go back out. the pros claim you learn more in the wet than the dry. i prefer the dry. i guess that means im an amateur.
i got the brick back together and went over tuesday for a shake down on street tires. car is tight. nice.

Did you do the diff bushings and the eaton?

Getting excited!

-Don

jaymsu 02-10-2017 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMteSSted (Post 9552965)

NCM MSP rules are usually pretty tight on who can give rides. Most likely track officials, instructors or competition licensed drivers will be the only ones who may give rides when the track is "hot". If they do lunch time parade laps then rides are allowed while following a pace vehicle at controlled speeds.

I did give ride to my friends at NCM with 10/10th last October. If the organizer (this case CamaroFest) doesn't allow ride-along, that's the rule to follow (1st page rule said passengers are allowed for advanced group so I thought organizer allows it), but I doubt it will be the NCM track that won't allow the ride-along.

JOHNSONROD 02-11-2017 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammdo (Post 9552997)
Did you do the diff bushings and the eaton?

Getting excited!

-Don

i did everything except the tru trak. im still planning on doing it. i did the solid cradles, the delrin diff, trailing arm polys, camber plates in the front, and all my stuff for TT comp. ive got my appointment to do my NASA dyno pull, and i plan to get it on the rack next week. season starts on march 17th. we are putting a cage in matts PTD car now. there are a couple of spots during the year i could possibly get the eaton done if budget allows.
as far as giving rides goes guys, i think the organizers have said that instructors and advanced group drivers can give rides.

Mr. Wyndham 02-11-2017 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMteSSted (Post 9552965)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymsu (Post 9553099)
I did give ride to my friends at NCM with 10/10th last October. If the organizer (this case CamaroFest) doesn't allow ride-along, that's the rule to follow (1st page rule said passengers are allowed for advanced group so I thought organizer allows it), but I doubt it will be the NCM track that won't allow the ride-along.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOHNSONROD (Post 9553661)
as far as giving rides goes guys, i think the organizers have said that instructors and advanced group drivers can give rides.

:word:

It was up to us to determine the policy with this particular questions. We opted to restrict passengers to the advanced class, instructors, and during the paced parade laps. Any passengers need an SA-class helmet, as well...

hammdo 02-11-2017 11:43 PM

Nice Danny! Can't wait to see that thing go...

-Don

Highjumper 02-13-2017 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymsu (Post 9551854)
Getting closer to 75 magic number I see. Awesome!!

I'm going to bring extra helmet. If there is anyone who has never done track event and doesn't want to buy a helmet just yet (because he/she isn't sure the helmet will be ever used again), I can lend them my extra helmet. Just let me know in advance so I don't promise one helmet to two people. :)

Also, I would be happy to give anyone a ride on track - I don't have the fastest car and I won't be the fastest driver out there, but if anyone wants to go for a ride-along, don't be shy and just come and ask for a ride. (I'll be in gray 16 SS)

I was in KY earlier this week - the weather was good enough for a track day. Can we just go now...? :D

I might need a helmet. I have motocross helmets from racing open class will these kind work? I have a feeling no.
Don't they have some helmets to rent?
I have one street bike helmet as well when I had my GSXR will this work?

M.A.K. 02-13-2017 09:09 PM

As SOON as GM will tell me when our shutdown is this summer I will know! Looking fairly good for second 2 weeks of july at the moment which would be too perfect...ha

Mr. Wyndham 02-13-2017 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highjumper (Post 9556563)
I might need a helmet. I have motocross helmets from racing open class will these kind work? I have a feeling no.
Don't they have some helmets to rent?
I have one street bike helmet as well when I had my GSXR will this work?

M-class helmets (motorcycle) won't work, unfortunately.

I'll check into rentals...

M.A.K. 02-13-2017 09:22 PM

sorry if this has already been answered..

I know we need 75 for the full course, but is it limited to just those 75 who have signed up, or can more people attend? I'm just trying to weigh how long I can wait for work too tell me whats up...
thanks

Mr. Wyndham 02-13-2017 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M.A.K. (Post 9557489)
sorry if this has already been answered..

I know we need 75 for the full course, but is it limited to just those 75 who have signed up, or can more people attend? I'm just trying to weigh how long I can wait for work too tell me whats up...
thanks

We've got to keep to that 75...by the time we take into account the instructors and a few others who aren't counted in that 75 (like us moderators), we'll be breaching 100 participants, which starts to clog up the track. And we don't want that - to preserve the "fun factor". :nod:

M.A.K. 02-13-2017 09:54 PM

Rodger that, was under that assumption, just wanted to be sure.
thanks, hope too know soon!