The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members List

Switchin2Chevy Switchin2Chevy is offline

iTrader Rating

iTrader Profile Recent Ratings
iTrader Rating:
Positive Feedback:
Members who left positive:
Members who left negative:
Total positive feedback: 0
View Complete Feedbacks for Switchin2Chevy
6 Months
12 Months
 Positive 0 0 0
 Neutral 0 0 0
 Negative 0 0 0

Visitor Messages

Showing Visitor Messages 31 to 40 of 43
  1. bhut
    10-20-2009 10:40 PM
    Get it in this week and you could have it under the tree this year! Then you'd just need a couple stocking stuffers and you'd be set.
    Mine's on the line this week. Hope to get it down here before turkey day. I'm looking forward to it, 5 months is long enough I think.
  2. Switchin2Chevy
    10-19-2009 08:18 AM
    No, not yet. Still waiting for the go ahead from my Grandfather so I can get the ball rolling. Hopefully this week...
  3. bhut
    10-18-2009 06:25 PM
    Got your order placed yet? The production has picked up, but 6-8 weeks from order date is still the norm from what I've seen. I'm hoping mid-Nov still.
  4. Switchin2Chevy
    10-14-2009 02:33 PM
    The conversation went fairly well. I was there for roughly 15 minutes waiting for them to cut the check. I should be hearing from my Grandfather's guy in Alabama sometime this week and hopefully I'll be able to get my order placed soon. The dealship stated that the wait shouldn't be more than 4-5 weeks! So I'm preeety excited. Plus if they accept all my dicounts it'll be a steal. I don't have much to put down but every little bit helps.
  5. bhut
    10-13-2009 01:51 PM
    How did the conversation with Tony go? Considering his good reputation, I expected better. I received a personal answer to my letter to GM from both the CEO (Henderson) and the VP of Chevrolet Global (Dewar). They were both appreciative of my persistence and thanked me for the letter - the VP was going to look into the disconnect at Lou Sobh. I wonder whether there will be any trickle-down action from it. Overall it made me feel better; good, prompt replies from the big boys shows that they are at least listening.
    If you can get employee pricing through your grandfather, you'll be set. That's a good 2K off and combined with any other discounts should make this a great purchase for you. If you have a Navy FCU account, you can probably qualify for the USAA account and get another 750 cash off. That deal runs through Dec 31 I believe.
  6. Switchin2Chevy
    10-09-2009 08:12 AM
    I finally got my deposit back yesterday. And I did speak to Tony directly. My grandfather went to his dealer to speak with the guy he knows there but he's out until next week. When I had my Father go up there and speak with one of the dealers they said they have open allocations and it could take roughly 3-5 weeks. And they accept any discounts I qualify for. I get the supplier discounts cause I have an account with Navy Federal and one from my job. But my Grandfather is retired from Ford & GM so I could possibly get the A plan from him. I'll have to work out all the details and see whats next....
  7. bhut
    10-09-2009 12:11 AM
    I saw your message from the other day and was wondering if you got your money back. Were you able to talk with Tony Coogle directly? No one was in the showroom when I showed up to pick my check up.
    Hopefully you can get up there on an off day and get it. If family is involved, you can probably do the paperwork by fax and have one of them bring it down to you. Think your grandfather would mind tooling around in a new Camaro for a day?
    I finally wrote up a letter to send to GM - addressed to Fritz himself. It's polite, but I doubt anyone could read it and think I was a happy camper.
    Let me know how your re-order goes! If there's an allocation available, its only 6-8 weeks to the happy day.
  8. Switchin2Chevy
    10-03-2009 09:32 AM
    That is awesome! I am actually going to call my Grandfather today and get all the specifics. The only hurdle will be getting time off from work to go and get the car and trade the one I've got now. Let's just say with the job I'm at now it'd be easier for me to walk through fire than take a day off...!
  9. bhut
    10-02-2009 11:50 PM
    I did get my deposit back. I think they have more ability to keep it if your car was actually accepted (2000 status), but I imagine you can get it back. Start getting the run around from them? I figured your order would have been placed when I left, since you ordered two days after me and were probably right behind me in the allocation order.
    Good luck with your order, I imagine you'll be happy you switched when the order codes start changing. After I placed my order with Becky from Rodgers Chevy, I went from 1100 to 3000 in 10 days. Already have a production week (10/19) and expect the car in the first two weeks of November.
  10. bhut
    09-25-2009 10:32 PM
    The sales manager for the dealer I am using outside of Detroit is out here. The member is "BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet". She's been absolutely great - she sends me email updates and calls with news, and she treats you right. Number is 734-676-9600, ask for Becky and tell her Brent sent you.
    I went from 1100 last Friday to 2500 on Tuesday. Should have the car by mid-November.
    I'm in grad school so I took advantage of college/supplier pricing. There's $500 off if you decline the 60 day return deal, and I should get another $750 for USAA membership. It ought to be around 2K total off before I pay the courtesy fee.

About Me

  • About Switchin2Chevy
    Currently 2015 Mustang GT manual.
    Milton, FL


Total Posts
Visitor Messages
  • Wiki Contributions: 0
  • Last contributed Never
General Information
  • Last Activity: 05-12-2018 05:50 PM
  • Join Date: 07-04-2009
  • Referrals: 0


Showing Friends 1 to 5 of 5

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.