The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > TAG UR IT

Conversation Between TAG UR IT and ajs69cam
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7
  1. TAG UR IT
    12-03-2008 01:07 AM
    TAG UR IT
    I thank you very much for your thoughts. The situation is one that we all are terribly saddened over...and know should NEVER have happened. It's just a sad ordeal...
  2. ajs69cam
    12-02-2008 06:03 PM
    ajs69cam
    Doug -- My condolence to you and your co-workers in the lost of officer Robert Davis--
  3. TAG UR IT
    11-09-2008 12:07 PM
    TAG UR IT
    Remember that girl from the bead store I was talking about online? The one that wanted the Challenger, but my wife and I talked her into getting a Camaro? Well, I talked to her husband out of the blue the other day and he had all sorts of questions regarding the Camaro.

He ended up saying he was going to order her the 2LT/RS. And, he was going to Cavender as well. Just thought I'd let you know that...Cavender is apparently doing something right!! Send more people there!!
  4. TAG UR IT
    10-21-2008 12:55 PM
    TAG UR IT
    Oh, man...talk about a great feeling!!! I can't believe it's finally going to happen.

I did NOT go to my dealership (Ancira Winton) as they wanted to charge 2k OVER MSRP for LT's and 5K OVER MSRP for SS's!!! PRICE GOUGERS!!! And, I was told by Rudy Martinez, a salesman from Ancira whom I met at the show, he would give me "$1,000 below invoice" (I know he meant MSRP). I call him and he says "Oh, I can't do that. The manager would never let me!" Of course, I say, "Then why in the world would you go around telling people such things if you can't hold up to your end of the deal??? That's incredibly bad for business" He says, "I'm sorry...then you'll need to talk to the sales manager to see if he can do anything."

I mean...I WAS THE ONE WHO BROUGHT IT TO THEIR ATTENTION THAT ORDERING HAD STARTED. THEY DIDN"T EVEN KNOW THEIR ALLOCATION UNTIL I TOLD THEM IT WAS AVAILABLE!!!

I immediately told him I HAD 4 other Camaro5 members ready to place orders....and then came the "well, we might be able to do something for you then." ....and of course, I said, "Negative...I'll make sure they know that you are not going to hold true to the MSRP you promised the community a year ago. Thanks for your time."

AJ, I'm actually buying mine from a dealer that is 1,507 miles away from me. You will see why I'm going to be getting mine from someone so far away pretty quickly. OH YEAH>>>>

Yes, we both agreed upon a price and are happy. AJ, this is going to be one helluva car!!! WOOT!~!~!~
  5. ajs69cam
    10-21-2008 12:24 PM
    ajs69cam
    Doug--- I see that you ordered your SS--- Great feeling isn't it --- By the way, what dealership did you go to -- Did you get what you wanted for the right price-- I ordered my 2LT R/S from Cavender Chevy off IH 10 West- This side of Boerne--- I got MSRP with $500.00 deposit ( refundable ) going towards purchase price--- Don't work to hard and be careful---- Later A J ( 69cam )
  6. TAG UR IT
    10-03-2008 11:19 PM
    TAG UR IT
    Hey, AJ! It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife as well. I was pretty surprised when Brian mentioned Camaro5 and you were like, "Hey. I'm on that site!" It's really great to meet the members and enthusiasts who share the same passion I have for the 5th Gen and Camaros in general.

Thanks for the compliments on my SS and I hope to see some pix soon!!!
  7. ajs69cam
    10-03-2008 09:44 PM
    ajs69cam
    Tag--- It was nice to have met you today at the new car show here in SA--- Also great to know that you were protecting and keeping a good eye on the vert Camaro that was on show--- By the way , I took more pictures of your car before I left-- You've got an awesome ride--- AJ