The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > 2ndtimess

Conversation Between 2ndtimess and chiefmacarthur
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. 2ndtimess
    06-27-2014 06:25 AM
    2ndtimess
    First I had the Hurst short throw shifter unit installed on the car. I ordered the longer shifter through Summit and the part number is #5380015 and it is 8" long.I bought the Hurst shift boot and a generic similar boot to use as a donor. I took the front portion of the donor boot and cut it and glued it to the front of the Hurst boot. On the underside of the boot and add on piece I used a strip of rubber from the donor boot to cover the seam and clamped it too the flat surface of the my work bench and let it stand for 72 hrs. The trim ring from the factory shifter is removable and you will have to take it out. Once removed I had to drill 2 additional holes in the console which will be hidden when you put the factory shifter cover back in place. I used the 4 holes from the shifter boot and small black wire ties to connect the boot to the console, I left a little slack when I attached the boot to the console to allow the boot to move. Especially when you shift into reverse.
  2. chiefmacarthur
    06-14-2014 08:34 AM
    chiefmacarthur
    I really like the Hurst boot and shifter. Which part number stick did you install? How much higher is the ball on the new shifter than in the stock configuration? What did you use to extend the base of the boot to make it work for you? Please provide as much detail as possible--I intend to do the same with my 2014 1LE. Imitation is the best form of flattery--you really did a great job with your shifter! Please respond to chiefmacarthur@hotmail.com as soon as you can--I want to do the mod right away. I'm in my 60's and would imagine your an older guy too because you like the old school look. Old school rules and so do old guys.
    Thanks,
    MAC