The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > 5thGenCamaroKid

Conversation Between 5thGenCamaroKid and JackJ91
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
  1. 5thGenCamaroKid
    05-27-2010 10:36 AM
    5thGenCamaroKid
    Depending on who you go through, Borla's ATAK runs from about 1300-1600, but most places aren't getting shipments as fast as they get orders from people due to the high popularity. I have the money for it now, I'm just waiting a bit before pulling the trigger, but the ATAK is definitely the one I have my eye on.

Yes, I am in Virginia. Up north, right by Dulles Airport.
  2. JackJ91
    05-26-2010 10:51 PM
    JackJ91
    Thanks, I'm sold. Ordering it tomorrow once I cash some checks.
    For the exhaust, my opinion is that if you've got the money right now (which I don't) I'd go with straight pipes. I found a great place who charged me $60 for ALL the work. The sound with that is incredible, definitely turns heads. You also get that gurgle and pop on decel. But if you've got the money of course go with the whole deal (1 7/8" headers, 3" full system ect...). Borla's new ATAK system sounds sick--don't know the price for that. Thanks again. By the way are you in VA? just outside Fredericksburg here.
  3. 5thGenCamaroKid
    05-26-2010 10:14 PM
    5thGenCamaroKid
    It sounds great; exactly how an upgraded intake should sounds. Gives it a little more of a 'muscle car' feel minus the exhaust sounds (which is next up on the upgrade list! ) I can vouch for the 'waking up' for the car, though. It certainly does that.

I was deciding between the ADM, CAI Inc, and the Roto-Fab CAI, and ultimately the Roto-Fab won out, as you can see.
  4. JackJ91
    05-26-2010 09:44 PM
    JackJ91
    You got it man. How does the roto-fab intake sound/feel? Does it "wake up" the car like some have been saying?
  5. 5thGenCamaroKid
    05-26-2010 09:41 PM
    5thGenCamaroKid
    No, I haven't done it yet and probably won't until I beef up the car a bit more, if I put it in at all. From what I understand, the car is programmed to operate at 195 and the addition of the 160 thermostat will throw it out of wack, like you mentioned, and ultimately result in some codes. I would assume that the only logical way to get rid of that is to tune the car, so I would assume that what you heard is correct.

The Roto-Fab CAI is great though. I love it and it's only been on for a mere 2 hours! Hope you enjoy it when it arrives!
  6. JackJ91
    05-26-2010 09:15 PM
    JackJ91
    have you put the thermostat on your car? i'm ordering a roto-fab from Marylandspeed soon. I heard the thermostat will throw codes if you don't tune the car