The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > philip mcgugin

Conversation Between philip mcgugin and big boss
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. philip mcgugin
    12-22-2009 11:56 PM
    philip mcgugin
    wish i could see what you are talking about. only installed panels on a 67 and a 69 [view my photos] do the panels bottom out in the area they bolt to? is the 1/4 between the top of the hood and the bottom of the trim ring? [raised edge around the panel] post some photos, or send me a plane ticket. philip mcgugin
  2. big boss
    12-20-2009 07:50 AM
    big boss
    Thanks for the insight, my hood louvers have 6 metal rods that go through the hood.
    Its not the rods that I'm having the problem with, its the thickness of the louver.
    Theres a gasket thats fits in between the louver plate and the hood that seals.
    I took the gasket away, which left the thickness of the louver that mounts on top of
    a thin black plate.

BOSS
  3. philip mcgugin
    12-19-2009 11:18 PM
    philip mcgugin
    are you talking about the chrome panels in the center of your hood? if so i really need to see them to give the correct advice. grind down the boss area where the bolts go in to shorten them, or you might have to[ last resort] cut out the area where it fits aginst[bottom] and make a new bracket to anchor them down, something that will fit across the bottom, bolt on to part and overlap on to hood,botton side.
  4. big boss
    12-19-2009 08:06 PM
    big boss
    This is Boss , Tn. I have the 2010 with the hood louvers.
    How can I get the louver all the way down on the hood,
    mine are up about 1/4 .
    BOSS